TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 01, 2022 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sunny and cold in Portland. About 40 degrees.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
6m
Los Angeles County's health officer Tuesday issued a cold weather alert for the Antelope Valley as wind chill temperatures are forecast to dip below freezing starting in the evening.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2022 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
COLD today. Currently 8F. COLDER tomorrow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
We have another nice day, we have a sunny day but there appears to be some cloudiness. A little breeze and temps going to 62.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2h
New York City could see between 2 inches and 20 inches of snow this weekend.

A factor leading to the explosive development of the storm system will be the near-record warm waters of the western Atlantic Ocean which are running several degrees above average.

Just like in the case of hurricanes, warm water temperatures also fuel nor'easters.

If the two pieces on Friday merge, a stronger storm with heavier snow and higher winds is likely. Double-digit snowfall totals would be possible over a wide area.

If they don't merge, a weaker storm farther out to sea with less snow and wind is likely.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I know! This 2 - 20 inches thing is ridiculous. We had a blizzard same exact weekend last year. I remember because my cousin had a very important Drs appt in NYC that she couldn't miss, so I somehow got her there. It wasn't easy! And we were both miserable the 2 days it took us. She was a miserable, ungrateful witch through the whole ordeal. But I forgive her. She was deathly sick.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You are a good bean, Grooch. Smoochies on behalf of the cousin, just in case she has not thought to beatify you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 26, 2022 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
13m
Containment of the Colorado Fire burning in Big Sur edged up to 60 percent on Wednesday evening and fire officials said Thursday's weather conditions are expected to be favorable for fighting the blaze.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's a sunny bright day, not a cloud in sight and there is a breeze today. Temps are going up to 63.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grapevine area (Bakersfield) earthquakes ... CBS Los Angeles @CBSLA
·
19m
They ranged in size from magnitude-2.6 to magnitude-3.5.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 27, 2022 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forbes
@Forbes
A rapidly strengthening nor'easter is expected to bring blizzard conditions to much of eastern New England and could blanket parts of the region in over a foot of snow on Saturday. Read more: https://forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2022/01/26/bomb-cyclone-to-wallop-new-england-with-a-blizzard-but-warmer-days-likely-ahead/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=forbes

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 28, 2022 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today it is a little hazy out, going to check the weather. It is bright and grayish, no real breeze as yet and temps going up to 62.

Oh forecast does show cloudy with sun, so guess that is it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I went to bed last night around 9 and it had just started snowing lightly. I got up at 4 this morning to let the dogs out and only had about 2 inches. They hate wet weather, so i just let them pee on the deck because there was no way I was going to try to walk on it in the dark and slip and crack my head open and freeze to death outside.

Got back up an hour later at 5 and holy cow! Almost a foot. I grabbed my snow shovel and went to start to shovel outside the back garage door because that's where the dogs will be going out from now on. Good thing I went to do this, the snow was just above the door frame. If I had gotten there later, I probably wouldn't be able to open the door.

Now it's after 6 and the winds have picked up and they are howling at times. The worst of the storm will be coming later. I'm keeping the bathroom door open, because I will be having a hard time getting the dogs out, and they can go on the bathroom mat. Thank god they're small.

One last thing. Watching the news, and a reporter is in NJ, next to a major road (maybe a parkway). It's been plowed, but doesn't look it. I can't believe how much traffic is going past. And fast. Reporter couldn't believe it either.

Ok, weatherman just said the worst winds will start around 10 am for my area. Worst snow will keep going to 2 pm. I'll be able to keep my eyes on the tree near the house.

Ok, NYC doesn't look bad from what I see on tv. Jersey shore (Long Branch) looks worse, wind wise. 6 1/2 inches in the road, 11 inches on the sidewalk.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1h
LATEST: Flights cancelled, state of emergencies issued, and thousands left without power after nor'easter rips through the East Coast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WE have a lovely day, but it is COLD, just refreshed the birdbath and it looks like we did get a bit of a freeze, the deck railings are melting.

Supposed to get up to 64 today, the sun is shining and there is very little breeze.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Its still snowing!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Warm ((((hugs)))), Grooch. Keep us posted, and good luck. Sounds like you might need a nap as soon as possible.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 29, 2022 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Brrrr... Grooch. You are a good doggie mommy. Please keep safe and warm. I've only lived in SoCal and so I can only imagine what you and your community are going through right now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 30, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chilly willy out, but not as cold as the snowbound EastCoast!! The pics are amazing.

We have a bright sunny day with temps going up to 62

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 30, 2022 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
3h
JUST IN: The USGS says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.0 was detected in San Diego County. Did you feel it?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 30, 2022 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
3h
JUST IN: The USGS says an earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.0 was detected in San Diego County. Did you feel it?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A little hazy today with white skies, a little breeze and temps going up to 62.

I think it will be sunny later.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
·
3h

United States government official
Extreme weather cost the country $145 billion last year alone. And it’s not going to ease up.

Our Bipartisan Infrastructure Law invests in our resilience, building roads higher, our levees stronger, and our power grids more durable so that they can stand up to extreme weather.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 31, 2022 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2h
People across Oklahoma, as well as in Kansas and Arkansas, reported feeling the quake.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1488263089959092232

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, February 01, 2022 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
How's the weather? WEIRD. I'm in the 'burbs west of Chicago. It's currently 46F. Warm. Rain predicted for later today. Starting tonight -- big SNOW and COLD.