TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 21, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 21, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sounds right to me (though I’m unfortunately not remotely bilingual).

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I, too, am not bilingual, but it seems right to me with my ancient high school French.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My last French class was in 1966., but Google agrees.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 07, 2021 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oui, oui! ;)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Did you guys know there is a shortage on Ramen, hahahahaha? My friend really likes Chili flavored Ramen and said she couldn't find any so I thought I would try and find some for her for Christmas.

She was right -- none around, I think it is tooooo funny.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
It has been hard to find here since the very beginning of COVID!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I had no idea! I guess it is a quick easy meal to make at home.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Didn't have a clue. My comfort ramen is actually lo mein noodles in a broth I make w/veggie broth, tamari, ginger, red pepper, and a bit of sesame oil. Takes the same amount of time as the ramen packets, doesn't have nearly the sodium content and is just as comforting.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 16, 2021 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
A trick I learned if you are on a really long international airplane flight to an Asian destination, and are a person who cannot eat a lot of the airline meals - ring the overhead bell and ask if they any kind of snack you can eat in the middle of the night, and they might just offer you ramen noodles. Say yes, sodium be damned for that one emergency.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
We (Nashville) are getting a Whataburger in the area! I have seen it mentioned (by CA folks?) for ages. Who has a favorite from their menu?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 17, 2021 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whataburger is Texas all the way. In 'n Out is California. Bigdog and I don't "get" either one, why people like them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 2:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have them in California, but I have never been to a Whattaburger. So I am no help..

In-n-out, yes.. Double meat, no cheese, grilled onions, as close to fade as you will go (not far enough, but good)

But lately they have bucked mask mandates, so they are on my boycott list.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, December 18, 2021 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh gracious, we don't need more mask problems here!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And now there is a cream cheese shortage.... what do they need that we don't have in the US to make cream cheese?

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Locally it’s a pasta shortage. The excuse du jour around here is supply chain issues. That’s undefined other than apparently some production plants don’t have enough employees to meet demand, some plants can’t get the materials they need to produce their product, some plants can’t get what they do produced distributed because of transportation shortages, and so on and so on. Add in decades of outsourcing and importing products and you have the perfect storm. And now we have the rapidly spreading Omicron Covid variant and the still present Delta variant that may or may not impact the whole employment and production cycle.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What we are hearing here about the cream cheese shortage is that there is plenty of cream cheese but not some (or all) components needed to make the plastic containers. We do have the bars of it readily available but NOT the whipped version which seems to bear out the container tale.

My two big lacks have been Ramen noodles and water chestnuts! These are two major components of my stir fries - a favorite way to prepare shrimp and chicken!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Help!

Anyone have a Schlage keypad on their front door?

I am meant to be feeding my friend's cats and every digit I press on the keypad puts a red cross on the bottom right corner. I have two six digit codes that I know work, and if you get the numbers wrong you get a red cross at the end of the six numbers, but this is different, the red light is after every digit.

Googling I suspect the keypad battery is dead :-( :-( :-(. Just asking here on the off chance that someone knows something different.

I do have a metal key for the door before they put a keypad on it, so I'm hoping that will still work on the side garage door (which doesn't have a keypad), in which case I've just got to get my husband to climb over their side gate. I've sent them multiple messages but they're in Europe so are no doubt sleeping. Poor cats are without food for a day until I can get in :-( :-( :-(.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Hugs, Kitt)))) Don't stress too much. The cats will survive, and you will figure out a way to get in before they get too hungry. They will love you more when you do show up.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, you're right, I just feel bad for them all alone and hungry. At least there are two of them together. Just waiting for Europe to wake up and give me instructions now, so hopefully I can go to bed knowing there's a way in tomorrow morning.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kitt, try googling the lock. We had that problem for a lock on our water heaters and I found out there were 2 little bumps on the outside of the lock where I could attach a 9 volt battery, that let me get the lock open. Then I was able to replace the battery.

You might find something that explains what you need to do to access it when the red x shows up.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw that method when I was googling. I'm not sure if the lock they have has it, it doesn't mention the "battery jump" in the manual, and the pictures online of it don't look like the terminals are there. Maybe it's just underneath so it isn't clear on the photo.

They have a house alarm so I'm nervous about playing with it too much, in case I jiggle the door enough to turn on the alarm sensors.

No reply from them yet. Hopefully they'll have instructions for me in the morning. Something that doesn't involve climbing over their gate.

But thank you, you having used it gives me more confidence to try it if I have to.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Why can't I find marjoram anywhere?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got in through the garage! And have changed the batteries on the keypad. The cats love me so much this morning!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Kitt, I am so happy to hear that you were warmly welcomed this morning! And glad you were able to fix the lock.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I do love a happy ending Kitt. (That was a real worry for sure.)