TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 31, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: Archive through December 31, 2021 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Might print a little more than I have in the past. Maybe never felt like my HP inkjet was reliable, especially after horrible experience I had with HP on-line and on the phone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You are going to looooove how much less you will have to replace the cartridges!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Really had planned to go out and get it tomorrow, but . . . . First snow of the season started today. It isn't that much, but when I was out no plowing or street cleaning as yet. First time driving my new Carmax car in snow. Found this car has ABS brakes. They're new to me. Have to learn to drive with 'em. So maybe I'll go out tomorrow or maybe not. All melted in the morning? Doubt it. We'll see.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
ABS brakes can be startling at first. Best to be safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ABS brakes really just mean if you have to stop fast, you don't pump the brakes but that's it.

Driving in snow, now that would be an issue for me. I left Detroit at age 13 and never drove in snow and likely never will unless climate change takes a really sharp turn..

But that printer is waiting for you.... and I think you will love it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes but have you ever experienced a loss of traction (like in snow or icy conditions) with ABS braking? I don't know if it has changed in newer vehicles but the brake pedal literally vibrates as it automatically compensates for the loss of traction. It can be very disconcerting at first.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was so stupid yesterday re snow and car and brakes. When I went out it was snowing. Hadn't been for long so streets weren't cleared and hadn't been traveled on much. I didn't need to go out, but I did. Should not have. Jimmer, that's what happened to me yesterday.

This morning sun is out, snow melting a little (more forecasted for tonight), streets are totally clear. Home from Office Depot. Said, "I'll take that one." Out of stock?! But they had same thing except prints one side only. "I'll take it." $10 less. It's here still in box . . . .

A not-techie friend in the building (I'm in a condo) has a fancy Cannon inkjet. Can do all kinds of things. He likes it. No problems with it. I should be good with this one, yes?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Inkjets are fine if you print in color frequently, but if you don't, you go back to the issue of the inkjet heads drying out and causing you to either ditch the printer or replace all the (mostly unused) cartridges.

I prefer laser any day over inkjets. I spent so much money on wasted ink cartridges.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Out of the box. Now what?

This is so frustrating. Want to resize and post a photo like I did above. No problem with that. Now I submit a file to resize -- says file is empty. This is why I get anxious about (scared of) technology. Makes me feel old which I don't need.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Colord, are you trying to post another photo? I'm not sure what you are trying to do when you get the "file empty" message.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, another photo which I took with the same iPhone as the above photo. Resize it. Says file is empty.

Try it again here . . . .

Again -- file could not be opened because it is empty.

Technology? I don't get it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, I don't have an iphone, so no help there. :-(

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't think fact that used iPhone has anything to do with it. Used same camera for above photo and this that I'm trying now. Nothing different between the two. For this photo when I upload it to resize says can't because file is empty.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't understand. Aren't you using your iphone camera to take the photo?

Can you still upload the previous photo? If so, maybe try taking a new photo?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Color, don't worry about not printing two-sided. You just do it manually, and your software will prompt you how to do it. It will print like sides 1, 3, 5 first then tell you to turn the printed pages over and re-insert them in the paper tray and will then print sides 2, 4, 6 onto the reverse of sides 1, 3, 5. Easy.

I have never seen the error message you are discussing above with regard to using the TVCH re-sizer.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 29, 2021 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't need two-sided printing. Saved $10 by one-side only printer.

Someone wanna come over and get the printer going? Not good what I've done to myself in my head. Don't feel up for anything . . . technology. Blame it some on blah covid living for going on two years. (I've had NO covid health problems.) Get to printer tomorrow. Winter is finally hitting Chicago. Snow and bitter cold is forecasted here. Not looking forward to that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Usually the printers come with a single card for "express" set up or something similar. Ignore the rest of the manual... just follow those instructions, step by step.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you have DSL and/or Wi-Fi, you will have to link the new printer to both.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There is pretty simple printed instructions with it. There's a CD. From instructions looks like I won't need that. Not sure? I haven't done anything with it other than take it out of the box. Haven't even removed the orange strip / part to insert ink cartridge.

Over time I've done a number to myself in my head -- "scared" of electronics. Some things I can do, but often??? Want to avoid frustration which happens easily.

Did take my old HP inkjet to local recycle (dump) place.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You probably won't need the CD, but it's just an additional way to install the printer driver. I find it easier to follow the prompts and download from the web. But you might find it easier to use the CD?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You will be able to do it, Color. Just start by connecting the logical cords the instructions for the simple start will tell you to do.

And, if all else fails you can also just go to YouTube and search how to install Brother model whatever, and some earnest young person will tell you how to do it, with video shots of what you are supposed to be doing.

YouTube is the best friend of do-it-yourselfers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 30, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I've been driving vehicles with ABS since 1991, and yes, I have experienced using the brakes and was aware of the vibrations that you feel.. I knew not to panic and to not pump the brakes and hold on.

When I bought my 92 Camry, ABS was sort of new and one dealer tried to tell me I didn't want them (because he had no cars in stock WITH ABS) and I assured him that I did want them. I don't switch out vehicles often so that car was for the long haul (Dec 1991-Aug 2015). My Prius C also has ABS.

Snow/ice would be a no go for me and where I live that is workable).

I print two sided and like the automatic process but Juju's process also works.

I actually have my printer plugged into my desktop and never bothered to set it up on wifi, though I could do that. If I want to print I just print from my desktop, not my tablets or phone.

You will get it going, Color. I often sort of circle around anything new and that's ok.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What would I do without you guys ("guys" - think Survivor) / TVCH?! Per instructions first is "Remove the packing materials and install the toner cartridge." Hmmm. I'll look at it for a while longer.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Colord, you can do it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey and I are both from the midwest. We have used the term "you guys" as a gender neutral term all of our lives. It means exactly the same as y'all or you all or all of you, or you collective.