TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 13, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 13, 2022 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, of course...

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
RN Dolly is ADORABLE! I'm just curious, did the rescue come and do a home check at all, or have you send pictures of your yard and fence? I'm just curious, not saying anything is wrong :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
RN, that is hilarious!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
RN Naja, omg that is so my house! I have no idea why 65 lb Ollie lets 8lb PJ kick him out of his bed, lol.

RN the pups are adorable!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I just got back from Petco. I got some more guppies.

RN Scooter, they just had me fill out a questionnaire online with all the relevant questions, and some not so relevant. haha I gave them permission to call my vet, and they said to bring every family that lives in the house and my dog Candy to the adoption. One family brought all 5 kids! Believe me, if they didn't like the looks of us, we wouldn't have gotten the puppy. They said to expect a pop in check at my house during the one week trial period. They made me sign something that they have the right to take my dog away if we don't meet their care standards. And they called my vet to make sure I kept up to date with care with my other pets I have taken there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the only question would be the fence, but as long as you are supervising hard play, it works.

That was important for everyone to come to meet at the adoption. They can observe dog dog interaction.. with Candy that is obviously a pass, and dog to people, especially children.

Dolly has the big Her (what an adorable picture!) but Candy has the cozier set up...

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
RN ... Naja, I have no doubt that Dolly has a great home :-). I was just wondering what the rescue you worked with required.

Ours doesn't necessarily do a home check but we do require pictures of the yard and fence, mostly to ensure that there are no holes, and that the fence is tall enough so that the dog (when fully grown) can't jump over.

Thanks for sharing :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
When we adopted our guy about eleven years ago now, they were very concerned that we didn’t have a fenced in backyard. We convinced them that would be okay. It was okay. I’ve now gone on an infinite number of walks as a result but it’s worked out great for both me and doggy. But I can see why they were concerned. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Our rescue adapts to each situation. We don't require a yard, unless the particular dog needs it. Some dogs we have are escape artists, so we require apartments, so they are always out on leash. If you have dogs, we request you bring them to the meeting. Sometimes with kids, if we haven't seen that dog with children.

And today, I did a second meet for a beautiful dog at the home of a potential adopter. He got on GREAT with their dog at the foster's home, and at the adopter's home, until the potential new mom called him over. Then the resident dog went after him. She didn't want to share. So, regretfully, I couldn't approve the adoption. They understood.

It's different for us for every situation. And so we've learned that we need to adapt.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 10, 2022 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By the way, I watched the fence play video and there was nothing concerning. The neighbor's pitbull was all about playful and the body language was excellent. So I don't see any issues.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Oh jeez, it didn't even occur to me that some people might think it was dangerous that I let Dolly play by the fence with a pitbull. I sure hope the adoption people don't think so. It's one of the videos I sent them to show that Dolly is doing fine so far.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
RN - I didn't think that the fence play was concerning, as I said before, I was just curious how different rescues worked. The only thing that I think our rescue MIGHT have been concerned about is the height of the fence, but I certainly wasn't judging :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, sorry, I didn't mean to cause any concern!

But as an adoption coordinator, I am *always* watching dog body language; and so many times fence fighting *is* an issue. I was trying to be helpful by saying it clearly isn't in this case.

I'm sorry. :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scooter, we do sometimes require a 6 foot privacy fence for some escape artists. They can usually climb chain link, so we can't allow that for our persistent "runners." :-)

I think the overall point I was trying to make is that we evaluate based on the personality of the dog, and different dogs work better in different circumstances.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN No reason to be sorry at all! I was just thinking that maybe they might not be as good as you are at seeing that all was well in that video.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN The past 2 days, Dolly has only peed in the house once, and the was on the pad by the back door. I think she is starting to get it because when I take her out in the yard, she follows me no problem down the deck stairs to the yard (leashless), she finds a spot to poop or pee, and then zooms back to the house. Like she knew that's why she was out there, and now she's done and runs back! She is being so good.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
RN - That's great Naja! Good Girl Dolly!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
RN, what a smart girl!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN There's a puppy head growing out of Candy's side :-) They really are both sound asleep like that.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That is adorable. I love the look on Dollys face. So content.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dolly is a good girl.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
Awwww, so sweet!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They couldn't be cuter!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My brother and Niece finally assembled the new cat tree I gave their cats (Chicken and Willow) for Christmas. Their old one only had one bed, so I got them one with 2 beds on top. They seem to like it!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2022 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Rn, oh that is cute!