TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: How's the weather?: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 09, 2022 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They just closed another pass on Oregon. I think that might be the last one in the state. The forecast says about 10-13 feet of snow in the mountains in the next few days. All the ski resorts have closed because of the wind and whiteouts. It’ll be great skiing in a few days if you can get there! We just have lots of rain here in Portland. Some areas of flooding but not too bad so far.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seems a bit warmer today, we had rain overnight and the sky is bright but cloudy gray. Temps going up to 59, it's practically a heatwave!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Juju, just read that the Snoqualmie pass in Washington state now has 236” of snow, the highest at this point of the season in 20 years…. 30 more inches are forecast in the next few days.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Wow, just heard an interview with Senator Tim Kaine, who has been stuck on I95 for over 25 hours now. What a mess!

Here's some info on the mess:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/virginia-i95-traffic-jam-snow

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My sister lives in Stafford, VA near I95 with her daughters family. They are without power due to the power pole falling and snowed in. I think it will be awhile before they have power again. They live a bit away from the main cities in the region.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kar, I saw the reporter stuck in his car all night this morning reporting. Unbelievable! Im under the impression that there are still people stuck there.

O a side note, yesterday I saw Air Force One after it landed in the middle of the snow storm and the workers having a hard time pushing the stairs to the plane with all that snow on the ground.

Then I saw Biden coming out the plane door, with all the wind, snow falling, etc. As he strode the stairs with no problem, I couldn't help thinking how they would have gotten Trump down from the plane if he was still president. No way he could have even made 3 (I'm being generous) steps before slipping.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Grooch.

I saw those reports of cars stranded overnight on the Weather Channel, wasn't sure where it was since I have no clue where I 95 is and that was all they kept describing.

AND OH MY, we have Sunshine!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
45m
Some passengers were enduring one of the worst trips ever as winter weather continued to wreak havoc not only with road travel but also Amtrak trains. Stranded passengers said they were dealing with overflowing toilets on the trains and a lack of food.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Lake Oroville rises 89 feet, power plant resumes operation after December rains
Record dry conditions at tallest dam in United States caused power plant to shut down in August.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/04/lake-oroville-rises-89-feet-power-plant-resumes-operation-after-december-rains/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo it was in Virginia..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 04, 2022 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Juju, just read that the Snoqualmie pass in Washington state now has 236” of snow, the highest at this point of the season in 20 years…. 30 more inches are forecast in the next few days.

One of our most popular TVCH posters from the very early days of TVCH, Mishamisha, lives right smack dab in the middle of Snoqualmie Pass in an alpine house designed for a lot of snow.

Just checked Misha's Facebook - she currently has Covid, triple-vaxxed, mild symptoms, so staying home anyway, she did not say where. When they moved to Snoqualmie Pass they kept the 900 sq. ft. house they owned in a close-in Seattle suburb, which has also just received record amounts of snow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another gray day, but no rain there might be occasional showers but I think that is more North than my house. A slight breeze and temps in the high 50's.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bitter cold. Air temp is 11 and it is windy.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rain, rain and more rain. Did I say rain?. However, being a native Oregonian, I geared up,got my umbrella and still did my daily walk of 50 minutes. More snow for the mountains! Yay!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
6m
Virginia Gov. Northam declares a state of emergency ahead of a winter storm, days after a powerful bout of snow battered the state and left hundreds of drivers stranded for hours on the East Coast’s main thoroughfare.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rex ChapmanHorse racing
@RexChapman
·
44m
I-75 south shut down in Kentucky. Nearly 6-hours now.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1479220692637962242

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
32m
Residents in the South Coast Air Basin are prohibited from burning wood, both indoors and outdoors from midnight through 11:59 p.m. Friday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles
@CBSLA
·
18m
The latest CA Drought Monitor shows a huge improvement in the drought statewide. Approximately 99% of the state is now in the Moderate category, with only 16% in the
Extreme category. CBS2 Meteorologist Alissa Carlson

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today started out cloudy and gray but now the sun is out with some clouds with a little breeze. It feels nice out, not that cold even tho temps at 57 with a slight chance of showers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
45m
A winter storm that had already blanketed parts of the South in snow moved into the Northeast, snarling air travel and crushing morning commutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
3h
Thousands of residents in the Sierra Nevada remain without running water, heat or power nearly two weeks after a powerful December storm dumped heavy snow that downed trees and damaged electrical equipment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Today we have some blue sunny skies! No much of a breeze and temps going to 54.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We had blue skies too! A small respite before the rains return.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Foggy!! Gray cloudy skies with no breeze, temps going up to 52.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Sunny!