TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 31, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: Tennis and other Stuff: Archive through May 31, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Open Tennis @usopen
A few days ago, firefighter Deb was fighting the Australian bushfires.

Today, she played doubles with her favorite player, @RafaelNadal .

What a moment 🥰 #Rally4Relief

https://twitter.com/usopen/status/1217605912493543425

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LIVE, it's called the Tennis (Re) Open Bett1Aces Berlin Tournament.

Grass courts, a maximum 800 audience (and I can see they are very spaced out in the stands). No line judges, it is all by electronics, the ballgirls (I have only seen girls, oops there's a boy) have on masks but haven't seen any of the audience wearing them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, they just said everyone must wear masks and they can only take them off when they are in their seats... not the players, just everyone esle.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So funny, instead of shaking hands when the match is over, they "clink" rackets, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hockey... CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk · 3h
The name of Seattle's new NHL team is announced along with a logo. The Seattle Kraken is the city's first professional hockey team since 1924.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, thank you, Dipo! I saw a headline earlier about the Seattle Kraken and considering it's 2020 and no telling what other horrible crap can happen this year, I was afraid to read it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2020 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heather & Jessica @fuggirls · 1h
Every time I see the ESPN crawl out of the corner of my eye, I think it says that the new Seattle NHL team is called the Karens. -J

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
GOLF -- CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk ·1h

The US Open golf tournament will be held without fans this year https://cnn.it/336dAKj

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Open ... So weird ... when they introduce the players for the match they are playing audience sounds, while the stands are empty.

So odd to see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
She apparently has masks with other names as well... NBC News @NBCNews · 1m
Naomi Osaka wears mask in memory of Breonna Taylor at US Open.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy Cow, this is surprising.... NBC News @NBCNews
·
35m
Novak Djokovic disqualified from U.S. Open tournament for hitting line judge with ball.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty surprised that they disqualified him. He shouldn't have hit the ball that way but it wasn't that hard and I don't think he was at all aiming at her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk
·
49m
Rafael Nadal beat Novak Djokovic to win his 13th French Open and 20th grand slam title, tying Roger Federer for the all-time men's lead in majors

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nadal is just a monster on the clay court.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Open Tennis @usopen
·
3h
An honor fit for a champion Clapping hands sign

The Community of Madrid recently honored @RafaelNadal with the Grand Cross of the Order of the Second of May!

https://twitter.com/usopen/status/1334601495652790282

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AP Sports
@AP_Sports
·
2h
Naomi Osaka is the AP Female Athlete of the Year for 2020.

The tennis player’s year included a U.S. Open title and social justice advocacy.

Osaka’s goals for 2021? “Work hard, do better, speak up, be kind.”

Full story by
@HowardFendrich
: http://apne.ws/GRBVwV2

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 08, 2021 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Australian Open .... US Open Tennis @usopen
·
32m
Upset on Margaret Court Arena Police cars revolving light

Jessica Pegula defeats No. 12 seed Victoria Azarenka 7-5, 6-4 in Round 1.

@JLPegula
| #AusOpen

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AO ... anyone watching? I am tring to figure out what the electronic voice is saying when a serve it a fault.

I swear it sounds like they are saying Ooouuff, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 18, 2021 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Open Tennis
@usopen
·
1h
Flag of Switzerland @rogerfederer is ready for his return to the red dirt next month! Clapping hands sign

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2021 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
French Open, almost time !!! Roland-Garros @rolandgarros
·
39m
Six years ago, @alcarazcarlos03 visited #RolandGarros as a fan.

Now, with Nadal comparisons swirling, the 18-year-old is singularly focused on reaching his first main draw in Paris Down pointing backhand index

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 27, 2021 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh My !!! Roland-Garros @rolandgarros
·
58m
Rafa. Roger. Novak. All in the top half.

Yes, you read that right and it's going to be wild. Find out who has the best path on the men's side Down pointing backhand index

#RolandGarros

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WHOA ... Naomi Osaka has withdrawn from the French Open and it seems to be from "mental health" issues.

They fined her because she didn't do press and she made a sort of cryptic press release (IMO) about the press conferences can be damaging to your confidence, etc.; so now she has left the tournament.

CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk
·
1h
Tennis star Naomi Osaka withdraws from the French Open. She'd been fined for not talking to media at the event, citing mental health reasons.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's sad that she is having problems. I haven't been following her recently but I remember her always being very nice.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, they forced her position, didn't they? She said she wouldn't do press, and they made a statement that if anyone wouldn't do press, they couldn't compete.

So, what choice did she have?

Personally, I get it. The French Press especially is overbearing and intrusive.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
She did post a long commentary about how she has had depression and was an introvert by nature so media has already been hard for her.

From what the announcers have said there was "commentary" going back and forth and it just got worse every day.

Finally resulting in her withdrawal.