TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2022

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 09, 2022 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 31, 2021 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also read that everyone will be wearing black tonight, well played Betty, well played.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Truly a classy lady who brought laughter and love into the world -

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

quote:

I kept thinking we would have Betty White forever.

She didn't age. The same young spirit her whole life.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
We didn’t deserve Betty White..we needed her in our lives.

I still remember the first time I saw that Super Bowl Snickers commercial. I laughed out loud and just giggled about it the rest of the day. She had such an adventurous spirit about her… up for anything, never mean spirited… RIP Betty.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I was one who toasted to Betty White at midnight. When I heard the news earlier yesterday, I felt my heart break and my eyes watered up. I was one who thought she would be with us a few more years.

I had just finished listening to an Audible book she wrote a few days ago. The whole book was so much fun because it was her voice reading her book to me! We lost a beautiful lady yesterday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Michael Ausiello
@MichaelAusiello
·
3h
NBC tonight is re-airing the late Betty White's Emmy-winning May 8, 2010 turn as #SNL host: https://tvline.com/what-to-watch/harry-potter-reunion-special-return-to-hogwarts-hbo-max-streaming/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if they might do that. It was a fun one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 01, 2022 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll never forget that episode because it's what I was watching when I got the call that my dad had passed away.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 02, 2022 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch SNL. Wanted to see that. Didn't watch / record it last night. Thought they would air it in the future -- not necessarily the next day. Hope it's aired again with notification.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 03, 2022 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
TRY YOUTUBE

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roberta Gonzales
@RoGonzalesTV
·
1h
Nation’s oldest living WWII veteran, Lawrence Brooks, dies at the age of 112

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
There are so very few left that served in WW II :-(

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2022 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sad, only 29, no cause of death released ... Entertainment Tonight @etnow
·
1h
Kim Mi-soo, the Korean actress known for her role on the Disney+ series #Snowdrop, has died.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
He was 82 ... Entertainment Tonight @etnow
·
1h
Peter Bogdanovich's daughter said the iconic director passed away of natural causes. Red heart

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
He was 77 ... San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance @sandiegozoo
·
38m
Saddened by the passing of Dr. Richard Leakey, one of Kenya's most influential conservationists. His dedication to wildlife protection will not be forgotten, and San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance offers condolences to our friends and colleagues in Africa.

https://twitter.com/sandiegozoo/status/1479193855022956545

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2022 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
2m
Candice Murley, who entertained the world of TikTok with her dancing and cooking videos, has passed away at 36.
https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1479238192645611521

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/07/entertainment/sidney-poitier-death/index.html

Sidney Poitier is gone. RIP

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sad to wake up to this news ... The New York Times @nytimes
· 4h
Sidney Poitier, who has died at age 94, was modest about his career, despite his role in changing American perceptions of race and opening the door to a new generation of Black actors. https://nyti.ms/3f14nrK

Jeffrey Wright @jfreewright
· 6h
Sidney Poitier. What a landmark actor. One of a kind. What a beautiful, gracious, warm, genuinely regal man. RIP, Sir. With love.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 07, 2022 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, another sad loss.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
A death today that's perhaps less prominent than many other recent passings, but it hit me quite hard. Academy- Grammy- and whatever else Award winning lyricist Marilyn Bergman died today. Along with her husband Alan, who survives her, she wrote songs for more than 65 years.

You might know some of their songs, like The Way We Were, The Windmills of Your Mind, That Face, You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore, What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life? and many others.She won an Oscar for The Way We Were and another for the Yentl soundtrack. In between, and since, she won a variety of Grammy Awards and was also the first woman to lead ASCAP. To get an idea about the breath of her career, she and Alan were inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame in *1980* and still had many, many productive years after that.

May her memory be a blessing.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't recognize her name but I certainly recognize her music. What a gift to the world.

With respect to Sidney Poitier, we watched "To Sir, with Love" with our DD last night.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CBS Los Angeles @CBSLA
·
1h
Marilyn Bergman, the Oscar-winning lyricist, died at her Los Angeles home Saturday. She was 93.

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/1479958634280980487

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
All the current passings includes Betty White, Sidney Poitier and now Marilyn Bergman. They all lived to be in their 90's and I thought they would be with us longer. Such awesome talents by all three. Their passings make me feel a little bit closer to the year after the dash. May they all rest in eternal pease.

I will be soon watching movies by Sidney Poitier...just have to find them on some of my TV/streaming sources.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 08, 2022 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TCM will probably be showing some soon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2022 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
CNN Breaking News
@cnnbrk
·
35m
Michael Lang, famed co-creator of the Woodstock music festival, dies at 77