TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archive through November 28, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
36m
Queen Elizabeth II has returned home after spending the night in a hospital.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yesterday Alec Baldwin shot a prop gun which killed the director of photography and injured the director on the set of movie "Rust" in New Mexico.

Link

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Peter Scolari, of Bosom Buddies with Tom Hanks, passed away. This upsets me. I loved that show and always watched the reruns. Peter Scolari and Tom Hanks are my age. Just makes me sad

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just reported an assistant director who didn't know the gun was loaded handed it to Alec Baldwin.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
One of the news channels had a guest zoom in who was talking about the use of guns in movies and how there is usually someone on set who is assigned just for the gun props. He talked about how they don't use blanks for rehearsal, only for the real shoot and then it is filmed so that the actors are never shooting toward any real person. He couldn't understand why they didn't have someone like that on this crew. What a tragedy that didn't have to happen.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 22, 2021 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I want to hear more, but I read that there had been arguments on the set about safety measures and some people had quit.. so the plot is thickening. What a tragedy.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It was non-union crew on set at the time of the gun being used, and - even more tragically - Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was killed - had been advocating for safer conditions for the crew.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
There's something I've been wondering about besides the obvious. Something obviously went very wrong with the gun, plus there being an actual bullet in it.

But one of the rules that they talk about on tv, is that an actor is only supposed to point the gun at another actor during the shoot. How did the director get shot? She's not an actor. Did he aim it at her as some kind of joke, or was the gun in such bad shape that it just didn't shoot straight?

I can't imagine it was the former, but I can't help but wonder how she was the one that got hit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Grooch, she was the head cinematographer and was in the line of fire. It seems that, among other things, they should have used shields between her and the line of fire. Not a joke. She and the director were where he was pointing, but they all trusted that the gun had no live round.

Our news showed what that looks like.. Kind of like the Plexiglas shields we are all over these days, but sturdier.

From all descriptions, she was a star, and was on the rise in her field.

Just a tragedy all around.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm amazed that they would have a loaded gun with real ammunition on set? Do they ever use real ammunition when shooting?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I see no valid explanation, but that was how Brandon Lee was killed.. Live round

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sea, I watched Maddow the night before and she had an expert explain things on how things should be done on the set. If rules were being followed, she should not have been in the line of fire at all. However the gun got to be a loaded gun is one mystery, but this is another one for me.

Jimmer, here's a link to Maddows blog where you can watch the expert explain things.

Maddow Blog (@MaddowBlog) Tweeted:
What's the difference between a bullet and a blank? https://t.co/zK07AA6Ee4 https://twitter.com/MaddowBlog/status/1451734260747055111?s=20

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
with cgi that can make realistic dragons breathing fire there is no excuse for any type of anything to be loaded into a prop gun. They can easily make a gun shot spark look realistic in post prod

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 23, 2021 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, they claim it is not the same, but that seems like a lame excuse to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought Brandon Lee was killed using a blank.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What I've read regarding Brandon Lee was that there was a blank in the gun, but there was also a fragment of a real bullet left unknowningly in the gun. And that fragment killed him.

What I didn't realize is that they are bringing real guns onto set?? I thought they had hollywood replicas of guns, not real ones. I also read that the assistant director person who handed Baldwin the gun has been reported for safety issues on other sets. There are rules and it sounds like he wasn't a fan of following them.

I would imagine in this case, they were trying to get a shot of Baldwins character firing straight at them. So the camera was basically looking down the barrel of a gun. But I also thought I read they were in rehearsal, so maybe he just fired the gun to try it out. Just so sad all around.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Brenda, that's what I've been thinking. For the scene, they wanted the viewer to be looking straight on at the shooter so gun would be pointed directly at the camera.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 01, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have really enjoyed these shows ... Michael Ausiello
@MichaelAusiello
·
35m
Janet Jackson's 2004 Super Bowl Wardrobe Malfunction Will Be Subject of Next #NewYorkTimesPresents Documentary https://tvline.com/2021/11/01/janet-jackson-super-bowl-wardrobe-malfunction-hulu-documentary/ by
@Keishamaze

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
TMZ
@TMZ
·
13m
UPDATE: Britney Spears Conservatorship Terminated

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, November 12, 2021 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
6h
BREAKING: Britney Spears’ conservatorship has officially been terminated after 13 years.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 22, 2021 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
7m
Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott is noticeably missing from the family's holiday card amongst marriage "struggles."

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 27, 2021 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
TBH, Dippo, I'm amazed they're not divorced yet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Billie Melissa
@billiemelissa_
Sunday in Times Square with Sondheim Heart suit

https://twitter.com/billiemelissa_/status/1465004394747944963

Billie Melissa
@billiemelissa_
Opening remarks from Lin-Manuel Miranda Heart suit
https://twitter.com/billiemelissa_/status/1465005114675060745

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
1h
Ty Pennington tied the knot over the weekend. See the adorable pic of the bride and groom!

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1465051868447477772

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 28, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
5m
Actress Lindsay Lohan announces her engagement to Bader Shammas on Instagram.