TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 28, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: Archive through December 28, 2021 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 20, 2021 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I print my photos, so I use color quite a bit.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't print photos -- just black text.

Do any of you out there have word processing on your computer? I'm on an Apple / MacBook Pro. I have MS Office for Apple on it. Only use Word. I definitely do use it so there is text I want to print.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've always prefered the laser printers. I have a $10,000 one I use for my business. The drum/ink toner cartridges last forever, of course, they're much larger.

The nice thing about laser printers is you don't have to worry about the ink heads drying out if you don't use it for awhile. That was always my beef with the ones that had all four color cartridges but I would only use black mostly. And then the others would dry out and it would refuse to print (even black only!).

The toner cartridges never have that issue!

Colordeagua - it doesn't really matter what you print, any word proccesing software will work just fine.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I make annual calendars with my images to give as gifts to friends and family. It’s just a one page calendar, but my little Canon is a workhorse with beautiful color. Other than that, I would probably only use BW.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kar, that is why I disliked my inkjet printers over the years. If I didn't use them regularly, they dried up and wouldn't print right. I also dislike how if you printed a something that needed a solid sheet of color or a big section of solid color, the paper warped or wrinkled from the moisture of the liquid ink. There is no moisture/liquid with laser printers.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Every inkjet I’ve had ended up clogging. And a lot of them were expensive high end photo printers. For regular good quality printing, lasers are much better.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

quote:

The nice thing about laser printers is you don't have to worry about the ink heads drying out if you don't use it for awhile. That was always my beef with the ones that had all four color cartridges but I would only use black mostly. And then the others would dry out and it would refuse to print (even black only!).

Reading this, Naja, now leaning more towards laser. Inkjet -- what if you remove color ink cartridges from what is packaged with new printer? Or is there still something on the heads to dry?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they've changed, however, mine would not let me print if the color cartridges weren't seated, or were giving an "ink out" message.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Removing the cartridges would definitely be a bad idea and it wouldn’t let you print that way. The only way to prevent an inkjet from clogging is to print regularly and even that doesn’t always work.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, December 21, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Color laser printers are definitely better but the color laser cartridges are chest clutching expensive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I stopped with inkjet long ago, and hated that the color cartridges would dry up but in some cases not allow me to just print in black.

I have a black only laser printer. Don't have the budget for color but I do need to print stuff often.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thank y'all. LASER. Not that I won't be back with questions. Are printers, in my case laser, plug and play? Or is it complicated to get printer and my MBP working together? There always seems to be something . . . IDK.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Most printers today are pretty much plug and play. Stick with one of the mainstream brands like Brother, Canon, or HP and you shouldn’t have any problems.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 22, 2021 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

What would I do without y'all to ask questions and for advice?! There is no one here. Thank you! Apple / Macs are reliable. AppleCare if I do run into problems with strictly Apple tech stuff. I live four miles from an Apple Store.

Get it next week. I'll probably be back.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Looking this morning at an Office Depot / Max. Didn't buy, but do think this will be it. Small and simple. . Whacha think?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that’s a good choice!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Fine if you want a black an white printer.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brother is a good brand.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just follow the instructions carefully when putting in the cartridge. It's not hard but you have to follow all the steps.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
OK. Pretty sure this will be it. Get it no later than Wednesday.

Yes, just B&W printer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That looks like a newer cousin of mine.. Good choice.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Color, that is the printer I have had for the past 23 years, and I am only on my third one. It is a workhorse, almost never malfunctions, and the cartridges last for years if you don't do much printing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 26, 2021 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Still good? Link.

Will buy at Office Max. Check Amazon for reviews.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, December 27, 2021 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure. Brother is known for making excellent laser printers. They work well whether you print a little or a lot.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Color, I use mine all the time as most weeks I have to print up song lyrics/chords. A workhorse, indeed.