TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 06, 2021 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Whenever I get a scammer I like to play them along - wasting their time and getting their hopes up! I remain thrilled and excited, but just not quite within reach! I NEVER give any relevant information, just hints that I am on the verge ofd fisclosing ALL!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
But it is on the internet so it must be true! Get your $10,000,000.00 ASAP.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, my doctor does that, too.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, June 24, 2021 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Little irony there, Sea???

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 24, 2021 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not getting the irony. He just hates scammers as much as I do.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought there was a travel thread but couldn't find it.

Has anyone been to Iceland and if so, what tips/advice would you have for such a trip? We plan to visit Iceland in October. We really hope to see the Northern Lights so the weather best cooperate.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sugar, Travel Central is in the Community Corner ... https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/1187977/1

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have some friends who were up that way Reykjavík, for a few days as a stop over on their way home from their Italian Cruise.

They loved it, said it was gorgeous and that they did a spa thing and mostly just relaxed and enjoyed how beautiful it was.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 19, 2021 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm... I just realized I don't think I have seen any June Bugs this year, anyone else???

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 26, 2021 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Update on the murder hornets for Dipo. This is within about 15 miles of my house:

https://agr.wa.gov/about-wsda/news-and-media-relations/news-releases?article=32789

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I saw a news report this morning that they had found the third nest of murder hornets!!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 13, 2021 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bwahahahaha, I was JUST now wondering which thread that murder hornet stuff was in, because they found another nest in the past day or so, and it is also right in our county, apparently the murder hornet capital of the world.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I received a $25 gift card for Macy's from my job. I was hoping to buy a pair of work pants with it, but they seem to be too expensive. Don't know what to buy with it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 04, 2021 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They have an under $25 category. I wish I wouldn't have clicked.
Now I want new lipsticks

https://www.macys.com/shop/holiday-gift-guide/gifts-under-25/..../

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I did get a new pair of pants. The tag on them said $59, but I got them for $23.50. I had to put $11 with the gift card, it included shipping. Not bad. But no pockets! That part sucks.

I have a Roku. I have a free trial membership for a month of Amazon Prime. Tried to watch it on my tv with the Roku. No dice. It gave me a website and number to type in to activate the service.Then it gave me a number to call. It is always someone with a foreign accent. I can't understand them, and they can't understand me. He was trying to get me to extend to a 5-year membership. I told him I only wanted monthly. Then he started going into this spiel about how it was so much cheaper to do the 5-year. I told him I plan to cancel after my free month, and he hung up on me! He had already told me I can only watch on my cell phone. No, dude. I can't. I don't have a smartphone. So Amazon Prime sucks. At least I got free shipping for my hat I ordered.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, December 02, 2021 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The elevator at work is causing me major anxiety. It doesn't work right the majority of the time. The maintenance man says it is leaking hydraulic fluid which is causing the problem. It makes loud noises and feels like it "jumps". It's very scary. The only alternative is to go up and down stairs, usually carrying a bunch of stuff. And my knees are bad. : (

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 03, 2021 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's awful, how can they allow it to run at all if it's leaking hydraulic fluid!?

You know the notice they have to put on the inside of the elevator showing the maintenance history? Can you find a contact number on there and say you're worried about it being dangerous?! If it was inspected and shut down your work should be quicker at fixing it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 03, 2021 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That's scary, Hecka. Of course, your conscious brain should kick in if you get stuck. There is a telephone in there, call the emergency number, tell them you are stuck and which parts of your job will need to be covered until you get freed, then sit on the floor and take a little nap.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would have to put myself into an 'altered state' to survive sitting in a stopped elevator.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It never stops completely. There is nothing in the elevator saying when it has been worked on. Supposedly, the repairmen came out last weekend and put more fluid in. I'm happy with the temporary fix as long as it works when I'm on it. So far so good.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 04, 2021 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I worked in "sky scrapers" in Chicago for years. For 12 years worked on top floor of 40 story building. After hours an attorney was stuck on an elevator that stopped some place between 1 and 40. Got rescued -- had to climb out the top and onto next elevator over. SHE WAS PREGNANT.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I need a Canadian! Would a natural French speaker be able to translate the following for me?

"Les Morts Sont Nés Ici"

Les morts in question are zombies, if that helps with context.

Thank you!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The dead were born here

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 06, 2021 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's what I think too. And google seems pretty happy with it. Thank you!