TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: Computer Problems? Ask Here: Archive through August 09, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Isn’t it possible that Dogdoc’s friend was hacked and not Dogdoc?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer and Karuuna.

Another friend got one too. Those are the only two I have heard from.

This morning I had no new e-mails at all. I sent one from myself and it didn't go through.

I went to Archive, and all my new e-mails, plus the one I sent to me were there.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What a pain in the patootie! Hope it is all straight now!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, It seems likely you might have accidentally changed a setting on your e-mail, so you might want to go through your settings and see that you don't have it set to archive things you don't want archived. It also would not be a bad idea to manually run your anti-virus program and if you have something like Malwarebytes, run that too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 09, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I first have to stress I have never recommended something as strongly as I am recommending this. I got it a couple days ago and have been having myself a geeky good time testing it and getting all my apps on it.

I didn't want to put a lot of money into replacing the old Windows desktop in the back office, so I got this. And OMG, it feels like I spent a bundle! This thing is incredible for the price. $199. I wanted to mention it before the holiday season rolled in. It is a fully functioning and powerful Windows 10 desktop PC, except mini size. It's doing all of my video sites superbly(Netflix, Amazon, etc), editing images, playing my downloaded videos, all as well as my i7 laptop and and desktop. This is an incredible solution for a tight budget.

It's only 7 3/8ths inches wide.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082VZP76P/

eta: It doesn't mention bluetooth in the description, but it does have it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, November 09, 2020 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's amazing. Of course, you also need a monitor, keyboard and mouse, right?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 09, 2020 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes. It's a desktop replacement, so you'd probably have all that already.

eta: I actually hooked mine up to the 32 inch HDTV that was already in that room.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja!!! I will check it tomorrow. I do trust your advice.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Wow Naja, that's a real find. It looks fantastic, and for the price!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 12, 2020 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think it looks great too. I would love to have one, and I may just cave yet. It's just I have SO many (mostly all working) laptops now (which are on docking stations, so functioning as desktops) I would feel guilty taking up with a younger model just because she's younger, faster, and more svelte.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've never Zoomed. Instructions to get to meeting tomorrow night say go to zoom.us, click Join A Meeting, enter meeting ID no. That's all? But then instructions say call (phone number given). What's the phone number for?

I'm on my MacBook Pro. When I put in ID am I on camera right away? How do they hear me?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If your computer has sound, you will not need to call in to hear them.
First, you should try to click on the link today, as zoom will require you to download the app to use. That way, you will have the technical requirements installed on your computer before the meeting starts. Once you have the app installed, you can test how it works.
Second, Once in, you control the audio and video options.. If the following option pops up, always select the enter with audio option.
When I go into zoom on my computer or tablet, I do not have any issues with audio or visual.
If you have problems, just ask the person leading the meeting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure your mac has a built in mic, maybe 2 or 3.

And nothing can teach you better than watching a video.

HOW To Use ZOOM On a MAC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuSiaMTjbyk

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thank you.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody with System Mechanic, the black Friday code for adding a year service for only $9.99 is smudblackfriday .

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm on a Mac(Book Pro). I have MS Office:mac 2019 / Home & Student on it. Had to update from 2011 to 2019 last year. (Yay, 2020 is gone.) Don't use it a lot, but I do use it. So far have not been able to figure out how to insert or change tabs within a table cell. Does anyone know or know where on-line I can ask?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure exactly what you mean but as a general suggestion try right clicking and see if it offers you any options.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Looked a little further. Found how to.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 05, 2021 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to put this in the technical problems, but been trying to figure it out for a couple of hours or more. I bought a Tablo OTA recorder looking to get rid of cable evenutally. I have an Onn tablet. Cannot figure out where to find my wifi settings on the tablet. I need to open the Tablo setting to get it to work. Also tried to find it in the Acer Chromebook. No go for either one. So frustrating!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Found a place to download the Tablo setting. So now it works, but the inside antenna is not strong enough. Will have to have an outside antenna for it to work. Not sure they are eveen allowed here.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Too complicated. I don't think I will ever figure it out.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 07, 2021 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Wish me luck. Slowly typing on iPad. My MacBook Pro is very sick. Two hours on phone with AppleCare on Friday. No go. He thinks it’s software. When I turn it on all I now get is a blinking file folder with a question mark in it. I can do nothing more. Genius Bar appointment late tomorrow.

TG for iPad but I miss my MBP.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 07, 2021 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Got the Tablo working. My brother came over and direct-wired it for me. Bad thing is I'm in a contract and can't cancel for another 10 months. My chromebook has developed a cursor that moves around too much. The mouse I bought to combat it, does not work with it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 12, 2021 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Got my new MacBook Pro Wednesday. (Also my first shot -- Pfizer. Back for my second on March 31.) On the phone for a while with AppleCare this morning. Dawn was great, but forgot to ask about something.

Previously I'd always backed up to an external hard drive. Better to back up to a / the cloud? If so photos cost more $$? Down the road in a few years when I have to move on to next computer -- cloud back-up is better / easier?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 09, 2021 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Windows 10 will be supported through 10/14/2025. Windows 11 coming later this year.