TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Tracfone

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Tracfone users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 11, 2022Heckagirl63125 01-11-22  12:24 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Google is not helping me either.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Do they have a tech person at your library you can get help from?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I finally googled a different question and think I may have figured it out. At least, I got the box that says Use USB connection for... Hopefully, I will be able to use it when needed. Don't know about the library. Have not been in a long time.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I am old. I e-mail phone photos to my computer and upload them from the computer.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sounds good, Juju. I spoke too soon. The box that says that won't stay up on the screen. Also the phone started flashing pink light! What does that mean?!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Huh. Turns out flashing pink light IS a Thing.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=phone+is+flashing+pink+light&ia=web

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tracfone texted on Feb 17

"Great news! We are now part of Verizon Wireless. Your service will not change and no action is needed. I

Learn more: https://my-tf.co/ofvg

Somehow I am not elated...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I did NOT get that text, Sea. Best case scenario it just means they are switching from using Sprint towers to using Verizon? Worst case, we are, of course, totally screwed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 03, 2022 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember being told that they used all towers, an advantage.. When I have something that works, so hard to hear that they are taken over. But we will see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 04, 2022 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wonder if it has anything to do with the change with the 3G. I remember about a year ago when they tested shutting off that service I couldn't go on my Lyft app and got stranded at Kaiser.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 2:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It says nothing about that but the changes are going to brick a lot of devices from what I hear. And that will undoubtedly put many vulnerable people in a bad place.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 05, 2022 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
My friends who are 88, and who I helped switch both of their iPhone 5's to Tracfone last year, got notices from Tracfone in January that their phones would no longer work as of Feb. 22, because their phones were 3G, and they had to scramble around (with me in Texas) and upgrade phones. They managed one with assistance from the phone selling child in Target, and I am not sure what they did with the other one, will find out soon now that we are back home and will be having lunch with them in a couple of days.

Here are a bunch of links about the acquisition of Tracfone by Verizon. I have only glanced at one or two of them. It appears Verizon is at least giving lip service to understanding that they bought a company with many low-income subscribers.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tracfone+purchased+by+verizon&ia=web

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 07, 2022 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH got a text that his old Tracfone flip phone won't be supported anymore (no more 3g) and they gave him this free one. He thought he could never use a regular smart phone, but he's doing great! I was surprised at how nice it was since it was free.

https://www.tracfone.com/phone/blu-view-3-prepaid

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Calling Naja!!! Or anybody else, NOT an emergency.

Hope this thread doesn't upset you, Naja, since yours was the last post and was about your DH, which I found to be quite heartwarming at the time.

My question now is in regard to the post above that one. Well, sort of, but not, but about the same people who are now approaching 90 but are still in possession of their faculties. But this is a simpler request. Their annual renewal is coming up, and they now have two iPhones on Tracfone service. They have a simple request to me, which is if I know of any current good deals for renewal of service below the $125 annual basic service, which is a decent price. I will look for them tomorrow, but if you would happen to be researching the same yourself and know of any good codes and can save me the research, I would appreciate it. There used to be a $49 plan to extend your service for a year, which would be fine for them, as these are emergency phones for them, and they don't really use them much.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't have an iPhone but do use Tracfone and find that just calling and telling them what I want (and in my case reminding them that my original deal through Home Shopping Network gave me lifetime triple minutes, texts and data and that I usually just pay $99 for 365 days. So far they give me that deal.

I don't call too much, but some, text more and am on Instagram a lot which throws me into Threads too.

I go to the website, get frustrated and talk to a rep.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 15, 2024 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whoa! You are a tough cookie, Sea! They quit that triple minutes, texts, and data thing years ago. I am still on Tracfone. I LOVE Tracfone. I buy bottom-line SE iPhones through them, and as a bonus, those SE phones have great cameras. But I digress. Somewhere along the way of buying iPhones from Tracfone and having to buy a minimal 30 day contract to buy the phone for cheap, I seem to have ended up with unlimited calling and texts for life. I have not bothered to bring that to their attention. I keep forgetting.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: