TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 14, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: Cakes, confections, cookies, etc.: Archive through November 14, 2019 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Happy Easter from the Mario Brothers, a mummy, a vampire, a cyclops and some regular bunnies.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! and i bet they taste good too!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I love the cakes... what are the purple flowers made out of????

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks, they are delicious!

The flowers were made out of royal icing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Cute!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
adorable!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very pretty baking!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you, they were fun to make. My husband, sister, niece and a possible niece-in-law all helped to decorate RKT bunnies and eggs as well as bunny, egg, duck and chick cookies.

I took some RKT bunnies to a party last weekend and someone wanted to buy them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did you have a cookie cutter (or some other kind of mold) to make the shapes so consistent? They are adorable. My favorite part is how expressive and individual they all are.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I saw a Kellogg's kit last year and bought another this year so I would have 2 bunny molds. The kit is silly expensive, about$7.00 for the mold, 2 small frosting tubes, a few jelly beans and bitty bags of cereal and marshmallows. Supposedly enough for 2 or 3 bunnies. I make bigger batches and could get 8-10 bunnies molded. I have troves of decorations and bought frosting vs homemade frosting. I need to find more of the big eyes with eyelashes.

We had fun decorating.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2018 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just love them and appreciate your posting them and also answering my question.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm making a peach pie this morning. I never made a pie before. Wish me luck!

Btw, I'm using an Alton Brown recipe where you mash half the peaches and use tapioca flour. I omitted the smoked paprika and added nutmeg and cinnamon from another recipe and using a third recipe for how to use a frozen pie crust (temperature times, etc.)

Here's a Link to his recipe.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Grooch, how did your Peach Pie turn out? I bet it's yummy....I'd serve it warm with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream...YUM!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It stunk. It was the peaches. Earlier this week I bought some from the farmstand. The peaches were from a local peach farm and they were delicious. They were what inspired me to make a pie. I went back 2 days later and bought some more. I asked if they were from that farm. The girl said no, but they were local. I should have stopped right there. I was thinking they would be just as good and from a nearby farm. I forgot that New Jersey is considered local at certain times in the season.

I didn't even bother trying a slice of peach while making it. The peaches were bitter.

Oh, well. And I'm not even going to bother to talk about oven problems with temperature. I am going to look into an oversized toaster oven for my baking and use my oven for storage.

But the homemade whip cream was excellent. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've had occasionally homegrown cucumbers be bitter.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Today, I plan on making a cheese cake. I've never made one before. Wish me luck!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Very ambitious. I’ve never made it either. I think I’ve read not to open the oven until it’s done other wise you’ll get cracks in the cake.Good luck.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Grooch what time should I be there?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lol! At the rate I'm going, I'd say around 5. Btw, have you tried the mayo on the cauliflower yet?

Thanks for the advice, Lakecat. I won't open the door. The instructions say that after it's done cooking, you have to crack the oven door open and leave it that way for 2 hours. I wonder if that has to do with cracking also, or something else.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
The cheese cake is finished cooking and now needs to sit for the next 2 hours. My oven is temperamental and I hope it cooked all the way through.

It was pretty easy, except I forgot to add the sour cream at the beginning, the mixer sent the batter flying everywhere, I found my cast iron pot in the bottom of the oven, where I had forgotten about it when I made rye bread 2 weeks ago and used it for steam. I know need to de-rust it. And when I poured the batter in the spring form pan, it was leaking at the bottom. I threw it in the roasting pan that was half filled with water and hoped the pressure from the water would somehow keep it from any more leaking. And I found the black dog licking my kitchen towel from the batter that got covered when I tried to use it as a shield for the mixture.

All in all, I think it went pretty well (if it cooked through). Can't wait to try it!

P.S. No cracks so far.

Ack! I just looked at it and I realized I hit the wrong button to turn off the oven. Oh, well, I guess I can stop worrying about it being undercooked.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
A couple of cracks would never keep me away from cheesecake. Did you have a piece yet? You make rye bread too? Wow. You must love to cook.
I’m thinking about making French onion soup. I don’t think I’ve got any oven safe soup bowls so if I made the soup I’d have to buy the bowls and the cognac. Also it’s hard to find greyere in SW Mo.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Grooch, your post above is hilarious, whether you meant to be or not. After all that drama I sincerely hope your cheesecake turned out well!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Just had a piece and it is pretty dang good if I say so myself. You actually have to make it a day ahead because it needs to set over night in the fridge. And I ended up with no cracks! Though, it wouldn't stop me either, Lakecat. All in all, it is pretty easy to make.

Ack!!! !