TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2020 / 2021 Olympics: Archive through August 02, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
#TokyoOlympics
@NBCOlympics
Tatjana Schoenmaker of South Africa sets a new OLYMPIC RECORD in the 200m breaststroke at the #TokyoOlympics! Flag of South Africa

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
USA Gymnastics
@USAGym
·
5h
Suni Lee. Olympic All-Around Champion.

Congratulations on your performance today, joining the historic list of American champions!

Flag of United States Mary Lou Retton (1984)
Flag of United States Carly Patterson (2004)
Flag of United States Nastia Liukin (2008)
Flag of United States Gabrielle Douglas (2012)
Flag of United States Simone Biles (2016)
Flag of United States SUNI LEE (2020)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was so happy to see Suni win!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
51m
U.S. BMX racer and defending Olympic gold medalist Connor Fields was carried off the course on a stretcher after crashing Friday at the Tokyo Games; his condition is not immediately known.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 29, 2021 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
19m
Team USA's Connor Fields, Olympic champion at Rio 2016, is "awake and awaiting further medical evaluation" following a crash in the semi-finals of the men's BMX racing event at Tokyo 2020.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Canada just beat Brazil with a comeback in penalty kicks, after a 0-0 extra time game (Women's soccer)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Holy Moley - another penalty shoot out and the USA wins! Crazy morning of women's soccer... and 3 of the 4 teams in the semis are all from group D (USA, Sweden, and Australia)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
#TokyoOlympics @NBCOlympics
And the records just keep on breaking!

Australia's Emma McKeon breaks the Olympic record to win gold in the women's 100m free final. #TokyoOlympics

Television NBC
Personal computer http://bit.ly/2V1xG6Z

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, Dojkovic is out of the Tennis competition.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's amazing how the Olympics can be so unpredictable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am confused. I saw Olympic update reports that Dojkovic lost his match and then saw he lost in mixed doubles.

Now there is a tweet that says he has moved on to semifinals. Off to find out what the heck is going on.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
He will play for the bronze ….lost semifinal

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thank you Legalboxer. I knew there must be some sort of different qualifying going on but couldn't figure it out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am so annoyed with NBC, it is harder than hell to watch the Olympics this time. I don't know why they can't just show an entire event instead of 2 minute snippets, I know they are actually longer than that but that is how it feels.

I want to see the entire gymnastics event, not just the top qualifiers.

Plus it is hard to find the events, the sports page does a listing of the events/channels but every time I go where they say I should see an event it's basketball or rugby or beach volleyball.

I have to keep flipping channels til I find the event I want. I couldn't believe it yesterday I think it was both USA and NBC had the same track and field event showing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, so now I have to say I am enjoying watching the shotput, hammer throw, that hop/skip/jump event (can't think if the real name) and the steeplechase.

Those were/ are fun events.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and another quick Q: Is this hot / humid weather normal for this time in Tokoyo?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes it is. From what I heard, Japanese organizers told the Olympic head honchos that it would be mild and balmy now. Everyone looked the other way and agreed to these dates. The prior Japanese Olympics was held in October due to milder weather.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 31, 2021 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I wondered whether they took weather into consideration when awarding the games.

I think we should pick 4 places and make them permanent Olympic sites. That way we could stop building all these areas / gaming sites all over the place that don't make the counties any money.

Have any Olympics actually made money in the recent times?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The whole weather issue is a HUGE debacle for the upcoming 2022 World Cup in Qatar which they moved to December to avoid the 108 degree average highs in the summer.

And most sites have lost money in the end, if they don’t already have infrastructure in place to handle the influx of fans etc …then you have 2016 Rio and the Zika virus and now Tokyo is going to be even worse with Covid.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1h
Italy's Lamont Marcell Jacobs runs 100m in 9.80 seconds to win gold and succeed Usain Bolt as world's fastest man.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Open Tennis
@usopen
·
1h
Congratulations to Flag of Germany Alexander Zverev & Flag of Switzerland Belinda Bencic on capturing gold in Tokyo!

#TokyoOlympics

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What the heck is going on in gymnastics! First we have all the men making errors on the easiest skills in the floor exercise, and then some errors on the pommel and now we are having errors in the women's vault

I think the year delay really seems to have screwed up some of these training or something, it is just odd to see so many different people having errors at the Olympics.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
US Sailing Team
@USSailingTeam
·
46m
Gibbs and Weis qualify for their medal race in the Nacra 17 set to take place on August 3, Luke Muller finishes 13th overall in the Finn class Flag of United States Read more here: https://ussailing.org/news/tokyo-comms-8-2/

@TeamUSA

@NBCOlympics

@Olympics
#sailing #olympics #tokyo2020 #japan #tokyojapan

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 01, 2021 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love that the two guys decided to share the gold in the High Jump, it was great to see them decide that on TV.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, August 02, 2021 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
USA Women soccer lose to Canada 1-0 in semifinals. First lost to Canada in 20 years. More importantly it was because of an insane foul called on replay, in the penalty box.