TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 25, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: 2020 / 2021 Olympics: Archive through July 25, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HOpe you find it Mameblanche, I must have seen it airing about 5 different times yesterday and night on NBC, probably have reruns if you have Peacock.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So last night I saw the USA fencing guy win, it is so amazing to see some of these sports I never see on TV.

Very early this morning I watched some swimming qualifiers, I think they will show the actual race tonight.

And I have caught some table tennis, beach volleyball, oh and I saw some of that wierd basketball, LOL. Saw the USA win their 8 womans rowing match.

And it looks like they are starting Equestrian Comps on NBCSN; Mens' Handball, haven't seen this before, is on USA; and currently Archery on NBC (looks like a variety of things will be here).

Somehow I would love to find a written schedule that I could print of the activities. Off to search google.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, so cute, China won gold for the Women's Individual Epee and the coach got so excited he picked her up and ran her down the comp floor, she was laughing the whole way.

Then he got her surrounded in the flag, it was just so neat to see their joy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
1h
The Tokyo Olympics organizers, already struggling to contain the spread of Covid-19, are contending with another obstacle largely beyond their control: a heat wave.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, this tiny little thing, Jourdan Elizabeth DeLaCruz, USA, just did an amazing lift!

just did 89KGs, I think it is the snatch and lift?

Oh no, they are having discussion because her elbow was a bit wobbly.

Oh darn it, they ruled against her.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The weightlifting is amazing. I can’t believe how tiny people can lift such a huge weight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was Clean and Jerk, and she couldn't manage the 108KG, so she is out.

I know Jimmer, these women are so tiny, I can't hardly even lift my cats, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh, badminton

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
#TokyoOlympics
@NBCOlympics
Pita Taufatofua of Tonga Handshake Rillio Rii of Vanuatu

Another shirtless flag bearer is here at the #OpeningCeremony. #TokyoOlympics

https://twitter.com/NBCOlympics/status/1418757380737835010

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Taekwondo was great to watch today…. took me a while to understand surfing scoring.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU
@KTVU
·
1h
The U.S. rebounded Saturday from its opening loss to Sweden with a 6-1 win over New Zealand.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching Skateboarding and even tho I know the tricks and stuff they are doing are hard, it just isn't that exciting to me.

And I don't really want to watch them fall and get hurt as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, the start of a waterpolo match/ quarter / period or whatever it is called is amazing.

How do they get the ball out there in the middle? Seeing the entire team seemingly resting at the ends and then bam, racing for the middle is very impressive, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Men's Individual All Around competition.

I swear, it is hard to watch this even tho I love watching it.

Shane didn't stick his vault but kept his butt off the mat.

Yul had a little hop forward.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was an amazing race ... Olympics @Olympics
·
Now
Canada's first medal of #Toyko2020!

#CAN take silver in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay.

@fina1908
#Swimming
@TeamCanada

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
59m
Bronze for #USA!

Kieran Smith finishes third in the 400m men's freestyle final to win his first Olympic medal.

@fina1908
#Swimming
@TeamUSA

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
50m
Another victory for the hosts!

Ohashi Yui wins 400m individual medley gold, #JPN's first in #swimming at #Tokyo2020.

@fina1908

@Japan_Olympic

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The swimming contests were great, now I am watching rowing.

But there was a little segment that made me chuckle. They were talking to the Japanese people and showing how even tho they don't get to attend they get pictures infront of Olypmic stuff. And then they mentioned that for some events (outside ones) 10,000 spectators can attend.

A really cute couple said "we don't really understand womens football but we are going so we can feel the experience", something like that. It was so funny, I think they were talking about soccer, and I just chuckled.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am sad to hear this, and it might explain why I saw a few running around at opening ceremonies without their masks. I guess 5 US athletes have tested positive. And I saw a golf person got replaced because he tested positive before going over ...... KTVU @KTVU
·
7m
About 100 of the U.S. athletes descending on Tokyo for the Olympics are unvaccinated, the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee's medical chief said hours before Friday night's opening ceremony.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 24, 2021 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Olympics
@Olympics
·
47m
History made!

Horigome Yuto wins the first ever Olympic #skateboarding gold medal. Bravo!

#JPN
@WorldSkate_news

@Japan_Olympic

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Dipo - Most of the rest of the world calls soccer "football". What we in the US know as footbal is labeled "American football."

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
If I had worked and trained for four yeats to participate in the Olympics, you can damn well believe I would have gotten a vaccination! Break-through cases do happen, but they are rare!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Tntitanfan, I was pretty shocked to hear there were athletes who didn't get vaccinated.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Canoe / Kayaking is really amazing to watch. That is what I love about the Olympics ... all the different sports I never see on TV normally.

Watching table tennis, Badminton - guess we weren't hitting the birdie hard enough back in the day when we played in the backyard, we could never keep the game going, LOL>

This Women's handball, I thought handball was an indoor sport like racketball.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 25, 2021 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, the Dicks Sporting Goods "There she is Ms America" is such a good commercial. I loved seeing all the women featured, hope they got a little money from it.