TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 22, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, June 06, 2021 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Return or refuse item from the bad seller immediately. Contact eBay again asking why they continue to allow a seller with such poor ratings to sell and why that seller has an option to refuse a cancellation. Go straight to the executive escalations department for both eBay and PayPal.
Contact your credit card company and stop the payment to bad seller. Probably let both eBay and PayPal know that the payment has been cancelled and that you contacted the seller, who had not shipped the item yet refused to cancel the order, again pointing out the bad ratings.
Yes, this may be quite the bear to get sorted.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 06, 2021 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh I wish I could cancel the payment. It went through within a couple hours. I didn't want to put more on the CC card so I used checking.

Had I had known there was even a chance someone would refuse to cancel an order, I would have gone to paypal right away before it went through.

The way I see it now, is both hoods will be sent, I'll keep the one from the good seller, and return the one from the bad seller. But that's another thing, of the only 7 feedbacks the bad seller has, 3 are people saying they never got their package.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, June 06, 2021 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Did you use a debit card? If so, you have some of the same protections that a CC offers. You can still contact the bank regardless to stop the payment. It generally takes 3-4 business days for funds to go through the the ACH process. You may have seen them leave your bank account but are unlikely fully in the sellers account. Call your bank.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 06, 2021 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think you are gonna be okay, Naja. Sugar is giving you good advice. And, in the end, either ebay or paypal will come through for you, if all else fails.

I have been getting lax like you did on eBay since they have heretofore done such a good job of screening out scammers, and taking your side if you did get scammed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well here's the story.

First, Sugar, it i's not a debit card. It is checking. The minute the person hit' accept, the payment goes through.

Now, both hoods showed up today. The same day! So my plan was to install the one from the great seller, and plan at another time what to do about the one I didn't want. But you know what happens when you plan.

Somehow the great seller sent me the wrong size! I needed a 30 inch, they sent a 36 inch. No big deal. They do free returns.

So I figured I might as well check out the one from the bad seller. The box was pristine. This definitely wasn't a return or had ever been opened and it's the right size. I struggled with this decision for quite awhile, and decided to put in the one from the crappy seller. I know! I hate myself! hahhahahaa

Anyway, it works great. I should be jumping for joy, but I feel like I betrayed myself.

eta: and I cancelled the case against the crappy seller.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    

Well that’s life, heh?

Seriously, the “crappy” seller got it right. At least for you. The “good” seller got it wrong. This time, and that is the key.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, crappy seller, good hood.

Good seller, wrong hood.

You got the hood, you paid for it and it will be easier to get money back from the good seller for the wrong hood.

I don't think you betrayed anyone...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Glad it worked out. Even if you use checking, ACH transactions generally take 3-4 business days and go thru a couple of federal reserves before being fully completed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That may be, but what I am trying to say is once they have accepted the payment, you can't cancel or stop it. You have to go through the weeks long process of filing a case and having it reviewed and whatever else, etc. Do you know what I mean?

Now if he hadn't jumped right on his notification that he had a payment waiting and accepted it, I could have stopped it to begin with if I had gotten to it before he did.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 09, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You did not betray yourself, Naja. You got a little lax in your online shopping. But the gods were looking out for you, and you got lucky. I long ago came to the conclusion it is better to be lucky than to be good. And you gave us a good laugh. And maybe your seller has reformed, so go ahead and give them good feedback.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching the news and it just occured to me... The Senior Centers will be re-opening! So glad to remember because that means there will be some cooling options for seniors and others. I was worried about that last year.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Is Fathers Day later than normal this year? I always think it is in the first week or two of June.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In Canada and the U.S. it’s always the third Sunday in June. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I don't know why I had in my mind that it was usually on the 10th.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Sunday, June 20, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Here is a video that I really like.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/animals/nature-wild-horse-sanctuary/vi-AALf69K?ocid=msedgntp

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Are those wild horses?

Treasure

06-26-2002

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Yep. Enjoying their freedom.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing Treasure...it was so peaceful and beautiful to watch.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Thanks Egbok, I feel the same. A very calming and relaxing video. Love how that one horse, crossing the stream and then laid down and half rolled in the water. Did it so slow and calm. He was truly enjoying the cooling water.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You know I heard that American Airlines is having to "train" the pilots they put on furlough. I don't understand this, why would pilots need re-training?

Did the planes change or something, this just doesn't make sense to me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 21, 2021 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I imagine that they have to refresh or recertify training every so often and some of them have been off for a long time.

The planes themselves have to be recertified and inspected as well.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe they need to make up air miles? Each pilot has to have so many air miles to keep flying -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, that makes sense. Too bad the reporters didn't do a complete story and explain that part!

I would have thought that even tho they weren't working they would have been flying other planes just because they enjoy it. So I would think a refresh of their skills would take maybe a day or two.

I wonder if they are just blaming lack of pilots when they really mean lack of flight attendants, cleaners for the planes, mechanics and others needed to keep things running.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On our news I have heard that they are lacking employees, no hiding of that, airport and airline. I can imagine they lost some to COVID and others are not willing to return with so many incidents where they have to face those who think rules are only for others and are willing to become violent.

And that there never has been this long that a whole fleet of planes was just parked so they need to make sure everything is ok.

Some of the pilots may need new physicals too.

I had to renew my background check for American Cancer Society recently as we prepare to start driving patients again probably in July. They did get us started on those checks, which include DMV records, in plenty of time at least.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Well, here is something new, at least for me. LOL

Mrs. Janet Yellen, current U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, has been instructed by the United Nations to send me 10 million U.S. dollars. She needs me to email my name, address, phone nr., and occupation. When I sent the required information to them, the Attorney General at DOJ will Send me certain required documents that will authorize the money to be transferred into my bank account.

I think it is unusual for a scam email to be this detailed. But I still am going to delete it. It has to be a scam because there is no reason on this earth that the government, let alone the United Nations, would be sending me 10 million dollars!

Who ever this actually is, they tried to prove they are her, by listing all Janet Yellen's past positions and current title, saying that I could look her up on Wikipedia.