TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): Archive through July 12, 2021 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe I should cook pasta on the stove . . . if the stove remembers how.

In the early days of microwaves there were recipes / instructions for actually cooking in the microwave with longer cooking times. I never did that. Just cook pasta. I have a number of small kitchen appliances with which I "home cook". I don't starve.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, I like your stove it is smart.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Color, I never heard of Fasta Pasta, but after watching a YouTube of it, I am keen to get one.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Nothing fancy or special about it. Good container size to boil spaghetti in the microwave. Don't know that I have instructions any longer. Someone asked on Amazon -- boil spaghetti for 12 - 13 minutes depending on microwave watts. I looked on Amazon -- bought mine on July 16, 2009.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Sunday, July 04, 2021 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
To boil pasta in microwave, add 4 cups of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 05, 2021 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok Landi, I will try that 1st.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Did Arco really only take cash, and now takes credit cards?

I keep seeing commercials that say they now take credit cards and I find it so hard to believe there was a company out there, in this day and age, that only just now started to accept them.

Just very curious.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Hmmm Dipo...I know they took debit cards, but there was like a .35 or .45 cent fee. Not that you mention it, I don't think they did take credit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Many years ago the had their own card, then it was cash only.

Once I joined Sam's club, I was was to using my Discover card.

I don't use debit cards, but I remember cash price vs credit price.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think gas stations in WA still post cash vs. credit card prices, unless it has been phased out recently, and I have not noticed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Arco here only takes cash or debit card, so it sounds like the credit card is new.

I never use them because cash would involve talking to people and for debit cards they put a hold on the account to cover a maximum (think it might be $100) and I always get anxious the hold won't disappear afterwards. And then fixing it would involve talking to people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 06, 2021 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, for my car $100 would be a lot. Even with prices soaring here, I only have an 8 gallon tank! Can I say again that I love having a hybrid?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
For years the Aldi's here took only cash! I am not a regular shopper there - once every five or six years - but now they take credit cards. During the COVID shutdown here, nobody took cash! Was that the same everywhere?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 3:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did very little shopping during covid. Mariano's (grocery), Trader Joe's, and Target took cash. Paper Source was credit card only.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think around here most places did take cash, but I almost always use debit card for groceries so I might not have noticed.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, July 07, 2021 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Everywhere here took cash, but they don't really have a choice since internet and phone can be kinda spotty. We've all learned to carry cash because you never know when the system will be down or not (and if it's down at one place, it'll be down everywhere.) And getting change was iffy since everywhere was suffering a coin shortage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
All the classes I've taken on disaster preparedness say to keep cash on hand in case of a big disaster like flooding or earthquake where you are on your own for a time like 72 hours or more without phone, internet, etc.

And you want that cash to be in small bills, not 100s, not 50s, not 20s.. I have stashes of ones and fives.

The idea and this has been shown to the presenters who worked disasters like Katrina, i Haiti, and so on.. if someone has an item you want, say a loaf of bread and all you have is a # $20. guess what the price of that bread will be? And yes price gouging is bad, but the sellers may run out of change quickly.

I never had to resort to cash during COVID but I do have some around. I have a wad of $1s now because we chip in a dollar to our singing group leader to cover some expenses (we all chipped in more last year and it paid for two years of unlimited Zoom..) and since I'm in physical therapy and parking isn't easy, I have used the free valet and I always tip a dollar. So dollars are good.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I always get $50 in one dollar bills before I travel! Tips, vending machines, etc.

My pre-COVID housekeeper - who has not yet returned - only wanted to be paid in cash -

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it's my EARTHQUAKE Money. I was just telling my friends yesterday that I took a bunch of ones and added them to it.

Like Wargod, I always have cash in my pocket in case I am somewhere that doesn't take credit or I need to grab a cab or something like that.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Cabs here take credit cards - isn't that standard? You can add a tip just like at restaurants -

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I always keep a stash of small bills on hand. I also keep a stash of Canadian money. AND I have way more Euro on hand than I should but I obtained it when the Euro was bottoming out around $1.07 rather than at $1.50 per Euro.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the cabs here all take credit cards, they may now that Lyft and Uber do but they didn't use to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 10, 2021 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I rarely use cash, but always have dollars along and at least one $20 for the rare instance when a restaurant (looking at YOU, SuperMex) will not take Discover.

I also have my checkbook, just in case.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I haven't carried the checkbook in 15-20 years.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, LOL, that is funny, never even thought about a checkbook. Don't think I have written a check in years.