TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 12, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: Archive through July 12, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I had never heard of such a thing until you posed the question.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Well, we just put chairs out for special occasions.

The police are not in favor of it.

One time they scooped them all up and dumped them in a city garage and owners had to go get them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Denecee, people think they own the street! It is just laughable now. We have a countdown to see how long it will take to move their car in the empty spot. It is usually a matter of seconds.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Nope, never heard of it or seen it. In a lot of places in this country, that will get you in big trouble, even somebody standing in the space waving cars on could lead to a fight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 16, 2021 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There are all sorts of parking problems in some areas here and I have heard of some people putting out chairs from posts on NextDoor, but that is not the norm.

I live in a complex and each townhome has a two car garage. But almost all of the units were built with a bonus room over the garage and a great many of those have been converted to studio apartments that are rented out.

Meaning more vehicles.

However our rules are that after a certain time of day, parking is by permit only and to get one permit, you must have three vehicles registerd to your address.

Not a problem for me as I have me, one car, no rental unit and a two car garage and I park in that garage.

But on NextDoor, Parking is clearly an issue.

We don't have snow and we don't have parking on streets because our streets are all fire lanes and private streets.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
No, and had never heard of it

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Coming from Pittsburgh, yes, I have fond memories of the Pittsburgh chair. Folks have tried something similar here in Colorado, but it's rare.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve never heard of it. It’s pretty cool that people respect it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Honestly it was most handy when you spent 5 hours digging out a parking spot in front of your house after a typical Pittsburgh snowstorm. And then preventing other people from taking your shoveled spot!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 17, 2021 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's a fun easy read article on Chicago parking chair "Dibs" dated Dec. 14, 2019. After great blizzard of 1967, there was an editorial about the practice in the Chicago Tribune, so it's been happening there at least since then.

The Dibs or Not to Dibs

https://www.wbez.org/stories/to-dibs-or-not..../

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 18, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes Karuuna, the chair got a lot of respect as it sat bravely in the street.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Not a big problem in TN!!! Parade/marathon routes are marked a couple of weeks in advance, and ALL vehicles- including those of home owners - must be off the street at least 12 hours in advance. That is the only street parking rule I know of. Anything placed on the sidewalk, curb, or street is assumed to be available for the taking!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 19, 2021 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The parade chairs on the sidewalk are usually there because there is an older person in the house that would need to sit down.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
What household chore do you dislike the most?

I hate sweeping the floors, it seems never ending.
You no sooner put the broom away and there are more crumbs and no mater how well you clean the broom and dustpan they always seem to need cleaned again. I would rather clean the toilets than sweep. I find vacuuming annoying as well. Hard to get the area by the baseboards without an attachment. The cord and the attachments are in the way and sometimes the outlet is just not in the right place.

Oddly, my lottery house will not have any carpet. Of course my lottery house will also have the cleaners coming more frequently. I really need to win a big lottery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hate dusting with a passion. Having to move everything on the table or shelf, trying get around heavy things like the TV or the printer. I am getting tense thinking about it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I forgot about dusting. I tend to leave that to the cleaners but should probably do it more often. Some of that dang dust falls on the floor for more sweeping!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I used to hate unloading the dishwasher, then I timed it and found out it only took 3 minutes!! So I stopped hating it.

I also dislike dusting as well, but I am sure that task doesn't really take that long as well.

I have also solved the knickknac problem, been getting rid of stuff that I don't really love and was hanging onto because "someone" gave it to me. Makes dusting a lot easier, plus .... Naja I never really move anything, LOL.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Scrubbing our lovely deep tub is a nightmare with my arthritis, bad back, and sciatica. I do have a long-handled scrubbie which is ok, just not great.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cleaning toilets. I don't really mind the rest, although there are a lot of things most people would say I should do more often or more thoroughly (like dust).

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, July 11, 2021 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
floors & ceiling fans

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I loathe, abhor, detest, despise ANYTHING having to do with housework! The pandemic was hardest on my not being able to have help come in to clean!!!

As I have shared elsewhere on the board, when I was first married, we had very little money. I worked a second job a couple of nights a week to pay the maid!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Putting the laundry away!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I actually like dusting but dislike moving and putting back everything to do it.

For a "seasonal" chore, I hate washing windows!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Having a cleaning service is worth every penny!
We have them come every other week. They can reach things I can't and do a good job. I started using them before I had my knees replaced, the arthritis was so bad, moving was quite difficult. My hubby was working on the East coast and not here to help. Having cleaners is one of the best things we have ever done.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, July 12, 2021 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
New Q 1. What chores do you enjoy, if any?

Loading and unloading the dishwasher (even though I pre-soak or rinse by hand first, because our appliance handyman told me it prolongs the life of the machine by years! And so far, he's been right.)

Also when I'm extremely upset, I find washing and drying dishes by hand soothing.

Q 2: Does anyone else pre-rinse prior to loading the dishwasher?