TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: Archive through May 03, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you.

Yes, I did use powdered sugar, however, the recipe called for too much, it did not blend well at all. I added more peanut butter and it was fine. The chocolate top of the cup was a bit too thick. I think I used too much chocolate trying to coat the sides and it sank back to the bottom. The general consensus was less chocolate and more peanut butter. I might use even less powdered sugar and add a bit of cream cheese to the peanut butter.

I am going to try again for a small, 6 person dinner and game night this weekend.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I did see a recipe that had coconut flour also but I cannot abide the taste of coconut. I do like maple.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Cookies are very beautiful. You have talent.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh those are beautiful Sugar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This made me burst out laughing so I had to share, LOL.... Brandi Glanville @BrandiGlanville
·
26m
Never cut the onions before the jalapeños

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Has anyone ever made cookies using a cake mix? I have seen several recipes using this method with mixed reviews. I was looking at the Taste of Home website for good picnic desserts and saw some Butterscotch Toffee cookies which look and sound tasty but I just don't know about these cake mix cookies.

Any ideas for a nice spring summer dessert would be welcome.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Quick Q: Does powdered sugar go bad? I have a old box, it might be 10 years old, that hasn't been opened. My recipe calls for it and I bought some new before I realized I had the box. Trying to decide if I should just toss it and use the new.

Sorry Sugar, I haven't had any cake cookies, LOL, I always enjoy a nice lemon bar in the spring/summer. But I do like them to me mostly cake with a little lemon icing.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I made strawberry lemonade cookies using a cake mix. Recipe here: https://jensfavoritecookies.com/2013/04/15/strawberry-lemonade-cookies/ It makes a very soft cookie and they taste good. The texture is a bit different for a cookie but nice, and they don't crumble. The cookie recipe you mentioned sounds great to me! If you want something similar but a bar, Martha Stewart has a recipe I have made a few times that is always well received too. It's also quick and easy. https://www.marthastewart.com/1154136/toffee-blondies

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, according to this site, powdered sugar can last indefinitely if stored unopened. It says to taste it before using to be sure it hasn't gone stale which happens rarely. https://www.doesitgobad.com/does-powdered-sugar-go-bad/#:~:text=How%20Long%20Does%20Powdered%20Sugar,another%203%20or%205%20years.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mak1. I shall see how it is when I open it up.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mak1, now I want a strawberry lemonade cookie as well as a hand pie, a s'mores crispy bar, an orange dream, a nut topped strawberry rhubarb muffin, a maple glazed cinnamon chip bar, a strawberry brownie...
Can you guess who spent the afternoon looking online at recipes?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, April 30, 2021 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You might consider sifting your old powdered sugar to "fluff" it up a bit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 30, 2021 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I tasted it and it was quite sugary, LOL, so I used the 2 cups and then tossed it. I had purchased a new one and there was only a small amount left in the box.

The icing turned out great for my hummingbird cake.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, April 30, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Sugar! Now I want everything you listed too.

Glad it turned out great, Dipo. Now we know. <off to google hummingbird cake>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 01, 2021 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So, I have about a cup of leftover crushed pineapple (from the hummingbird cake); any suggestions on what to use it for?

I don't do smoothies so I need some other ideas.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 01, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
In the old days people used to mix pineapple into cottage cheese and eat that as a side dish. I think.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 01, 2021 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Juju I used to do that for lunch when I was dieting. Thanks for that yummy reminder.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Season a chicken breast with soy sauce,, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Pour the pineapple on top and bake. Serve with rice.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I made some S'mores treats.
S'mores

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think I prefer Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats but the S'mores were ok. Too much chocolate in the 2 with the marshmallows on top. The frosting on the first pan is a bit much, no surprise as it is powdered sugar, butter and marshmallow cream. If I adapt and use a bit less chocolate and lessen the sugar or the amount of frosting they should be fine. So far my taste testers have preferred the ones with Golden Grahams, which are the middle and far right pans.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They look wonderful! What do you do with all these marvelous treats?

When I was employed I used to take all my extra stuff to work, the guys there were like starving hyenas, LOL. It was a sure way to not waste food.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, May 02, 2021 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Other than the paycheck, having a place to take treats is about all I miss about work. My husband works from home so I can't even send treats to his work.

Currently, the lifeguards at the community center are the recipients, the aquatic manager made a point of thanking me as all those hungry teens really like them. I also take some to my sisters family. Right now I wish I had kept a few, lol.

We are going to a dinner & games night and I am bringing dessert. The hosts are serving hamburgers so I thought S'mores might fit with a summer/picnic food theme. I haven't decided, I may do a fruit cobbler or crisp or pie...I just don't know.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
At my place of work, we are not allowed to share treats or anything right now. We can't even order pizza for lunch...NO SHARING!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You know I have been wondering about this for a while. When did sharing food become and issue, or even making food, because of COVID.

I haven't ever seen one issue that indicated food carried the virus. I know people went a bit crazy and were wiping down all the food from their delivieries but I thought that was due to the boxes/bags/etc., not the food.

I started wondering because the hosts on QVC are unhappy when they do the food because they can smell it and it smells so good but they aren't allowed to taste it.

That was when I started wondering. It makes no sense because restaurants were allowed to do takeout, and of course, now dining in or out in some cases.

So what is the big deal about sharing food?????

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I have no idea. It makes me sad as well. I like to bake, I like to share. Oh well, someday again, maybe.