TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 06, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s pretty amazing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't even have the app installed.

I have 5.04 gb data, 10992 minutes, 10292 texts.

Paid through 10/07/2021.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hrm. No $125 annual plan offered.

3 plans $99, ,$159, $199

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure if that adds to my service date. I don't need more of anything currently..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So I didn't buy.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That's odd, Sea. I had to scroll down to find the $125 plan.

BUT, that said, you do NOT need any more of anything. So, I guess you can just go to the minimum plan of $19.99 for 90 days and it all rolls over.

And this phone talk makes me think of Twinkie. an iconic TVCH poster. May she RIP, deceased as many as 10-12 years ago, but a classic. OMG, her mother's mink coat, but that is a whole other thread. Anyway, she gave excellent advice on cell phones.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I usually buy a year or two ahead..

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 23, 2021 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, are checking at the website? If so, just scroll further down. The other plans are below those 3 you posted which are across the top row. Here's a capture of the whole page, top to bottom. The $125 is in the next row in the center. Below the plans you posted.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, May 23, 2021 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Juju, I so enjoy how you recall so many nuances of past TVCH members. You spoke of Twinkie, may she rest In peace.

Were you at Spygirl's wedding? If so, then you got to see Twinkie's mother's mink jacket/wrap in person. I remember being in the hotel room with her as she finished getting dressed. She put on the mink jacket and told me it belonged to her mother. She asked me if it was too much. I told her it looked gorgeous on her! It's a fond memory I have of spending some time with Twinkie and her mother's fur jacket.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 24, 2021 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One my phone, Tracfone app, plans, 1 year service plans, there are three plans $99.99, $159.99, $199.99. Does not scroll further.

I don't think I need to add anything now, anyway.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 24, 2021 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, just saw a beer commercial that showed all the mishaps of people trying to get ready to go out again. It was really cute.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 24, 2021 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sea, I checked Tracfone.com just now, and it is showing me the $125 plan. Interestingly, it is NOT showing me the $19.99 90 day plans I have been using for the past 5-10 years.

Okay and speaking of Tracfone, they have a bring your own phone option, and if you don't have a Tracfone phone, then you need to get a Tracfone SIM card. Walmart sells the Tracfone SIM card kit for $10, my local Kroger affiliate sells them for $1.00, and Tracfone might send you one for free. I keep a couple $1 kits on hand just in case I talk a budget-minded friend into going with Tracfone. Because of course I would; it's who I am. Sigh ...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 24, 2021 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Were you at Spygirl's wedding? If so, then you got to see Twinkie's mother's mink jacket/wrap in person.

Eggie, not only was I there, but I almost went just for the experience of being with Twinkie's mother's mink stole. BUT, I do NOT have a distinct memory of ever seeing the mink. I think I DID have the experience of visiting with Twinkie in her big pink hair rollers in a public area of the huge ground floor atrium. Hey, she's our peeps, and she was a free spirit soul for the ages, and she was enormously intelligent, and so I loved Twinkie by default.

OMG, Spygirl's wedding!! I wonder if we should start a separate thread JUST for Spygirl's WEDDING recollections and entice everybody who was there but has left TVCH to come back, and we can be the blind people describing the elephant. Spygirl's wedding was enormously memory rich, almost overwhelming, since it was a huge gathering, not to even mention all of Spygirl's real life friends and relatives. What a hoot!! Were you there? Apparently, LOL.

Wait!! I wonder if there is/are already one or more Spygirl's wedding threads either in the archives or on the wayback machine. Those would be absolutely fascinating to reread. As I recall, Spygirl's wedding was Feb. 6, 2006. Oh, and her oldest child is now a teenager. Ack!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YEAH, don't forget ... It’s International Plastic Free Day! If every person in the World stopped using one single-use piece of plastic today, we’d avoid over 7.6 Billion items of plastic in one day.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 25, 2021 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL, not just pink rollers but in her jammies! Totally free spirit.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Is there a Thread for THE NEVERS? I've seen the show discussed here but can't find where.

(FWIW We saw the premiere last night on Crave/HBO on DEMAND. We're not quite sure what to make of this quirky show. And it's way too gory for me. But we will probably give it a couple more episodes.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche looks like it was discussed in Random Discussions ...

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6465/22902419.html&lm=

You should start a thread and maybe the mods can move all the comments into it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Dipo thanks! You're awesome.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 30, 2021 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Done! Hopefully Jimmer who seemed interested in the show, or another mod, will bring the comments over to the new thread.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I moved a couple of posts over. :-)

Let me know if there are more I missed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 31, 2021 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
💋

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Canadians and everyone else!!!! This was in my Monday paper and cracked me up....

Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Porcupine Plain, Saskatchewan, had a mystery on its hands on May 7 when someone reported a load of fenceposts missing, the RCMP reported. Officers investigated and the "bucktooth bandits" were quickly identified: "The stolen goods were located in a beaver dam," said Constable Rickards. "A beaver -- or beavers -- helped themselves to the stash of posts and used them to help build a dam. I tried locating said beavers but they were GOA (gone on arrival).

HAHAHAHAHA, I love stories like this.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hilarious story.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 01, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love it.. you snooze, you lose and the beavers moved in and made use..

Years ago I had a friend who lived in Topanga Canyon and she had things disappearing. Mostly shiny things, so she opined that it was a packrat.

And eventually she was able to find the nest of the packrat. He did have shiny things but he had string (that helped her to locate the spot) and sandpaper!

We wondered what the rat wanted with sandpaper.

I would love to see a video of those beavers moving the fenceposts.. like how did they move them, in pairs of beavers or what??

And I love the place being named Porcupine Plain, too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 06, 2021 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Get this.

Yesterday I ordered a new hood/fan/light for above the stove. Within 10 minutes of placing the order, I realized I bought it from the wrong seller. A very bad seller with horrible ratings. So since it was within 10 minutes, I requested a cancellation and bought it from the seller with 100% approval rating.

It ends up, the bad seller is refusing to cancel my order even though they haven't even shipped it!

So I filed a report with eBay. And a short while later I filed a report with paypal.

eBay then writes me back and tells me that since I also reported to it Paypal, they are closing the case. Paypal says I should hear from them by June 20!

Long story short, I have paid for and I am receiving two of the same range hoods.

Since it's ending in a mess no matter which way I go now, what should I have done to begin with? I obviously did it all wrong.