TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 22, 2021 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, May 03, 2021 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I like water with real fruit or cucumbers in it, though mostly I drink it plain. Refrigerated only when it's hot out, otherwise room temp is fine. But, I can't stand flavored bottled water. My kids love it and usually add it to my grocery list.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 07, 2021 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You know I have been wondering, are the Guardian Angels still around? I kinda want them to come and patrol some Asian areas and scare some of these asses to death.

I know, I know, we don't need more violence but I am tired of these jerks picking on the old people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 08, 2021 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They were 11 months ago.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=273__mi80K4

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Mrs. Janet Yellen, President Biden, the World Bank and IMF want to give me 5 million dollars because I was the victim of a scam.

I about died laughing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
What a thoughtful thing for them to do. Be sure you give them all your banking information along with your social security number.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am a baaaaaad person! When I am contacted by one of those scam artists I try to keep them interested and involved as long as possible - lots of irrelevat questions, long debates about how best to give them everything I own, etc! I find it highly entertaining to waste their time and dash the hopes I have worked hard to raise!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It takes so much time to scam them right back, but I did it only once. I went as far as to read the first 4 numbers of my credit card, and then change my mind. haha I even made a bunch of rustling noise like I was digging out my card.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Tntitanfan, the wonderful gift was sent in an email. She even gave me a link to the government site to prove her appointment as Secretary of the Treasury.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL TNT! I used to be a telemarketer in the 80s so I feel their pain. I try and be polite but lately they just hang up in my face and that pisses me off

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I tend to view telemarketers as potential arrestees. I worked fraud in both Miami and Houston in the late 1980's and early 1990's. At one time we had 300 boiler rooms (telemarketing phone rooms) operating in Houston and six of us who worked fraud in the country's 4th largest city. We also covered the 10th largest city and the 12th, San Antonio and Austin.

I don't spend much time with telemarketers these days, but occasionally I will ask them if they realize they are working for a scam and if they can't get a better job somewhere, anywhere. Sometimes I will answer the phone in a foreign language, or I will just put the phone down, walk away and let them do their spiel. Or I just answer the phone and say nothing, because nowadays many of the calls are voice activated.

But to you folks who waste their time, brava. Because every minute they spend with you in a minute they are not scamming somebody else. Time is money in the phone scam business.

Pamy, you probably were not working for a scam outfit, but even if you were, many of the employees don't realize what they are involved in.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, I worked for Sears service center selling their laundry soap LOL I also worked for a gym...that company was for sure shady LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I never worked in telemarketing, but in the slightly more reputable line of Market Research, conducting telephone surveys. It was a sweatshop of sorts, with pathetic wages. But usually with an enjoyable collegial atmosphere.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Heh, my oldest niece got a job about six, seven months ago. She'd told me when she started, wasn't quite sure what all the job entailed (we'd all thought the whole thing shady just based on the fact she'd had like a four minute interview and got hired.) Caleb checked into it and said he was pretty sure it was telemarketing, but she said she'd go the first day and see what it was all about.

So, first day and she calls me up. I put her on speaker phone and said, "Hello, Sexy Unicorn!" Er, it's a joke and she changed her name in my phone to that so anytime she calls, Sexy Unicorn pops up, lol. Anyway, there was a slight pause...and then she goes into this thing about how she's working for xyz company and is training and her trainer is listening in...me and Darren looked at each other and howled. Yup, I greeted her on a call by that with someone else listening in, lol. She called later to apologize and told me yep, it's telemarketing and nope, she won't be going back.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My mom was a stay at home mom. IIRC she went back to work during my high school years (early '60s). Her first job was as a telemarketer selling music lessons for Lyon & Healy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody use Tracfone plans for their smart phone? If it's time to renew, I found a $50 promo code, and I just got the 1 year plan for $83. I think it expires soon, so let me know and I'll post it. Even if you have to add your year early, I think it's worth it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja, we were discussing my Tracfone new phone issues over in dumb questions. Quite a few people talked about their experiences.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been with them for about 10 years, and so far so good.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It would be worth it for me, Naja, as I have a phone that triples minutes, and I would just use it to extend my current plan but if somebody else wants it, please give it to them. My e-mail is in my TVCH profile. Click on my name next to one of my posts.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 20, 2021 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
JuJu, it's the kind of code everyone can use. I am pretty sure it's only good through May. My Mom used the code this evening too, and got the $125 deal for $81. That's 2 bucks less than the price I got, but I think it's because of a difference in state tax.

Anyway, here's the instructions I gave my mom.

Go into the Tracfone account app on your phone.
Choose "Buy Plan".
Then choose the 1 year $125 plan.
When you go to check out, there will be a place for you to enter a "promo code" before you pay.

Enter 22448 and finish your check-out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darn, I hope you get more coupons. I am still waiting for my new phone and would love to add that to it. I have unlimited on my current phone, need to remember to go and cancel that plan.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, anyone or everyone can use that promo code. It's like how everyone can you use the same promo code to sign up for BB Live Feeds discount with the same code.

eta: but it's a whole different thing to switch to them from another service.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What kind of access does that give you?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not sure what you mean. Here is everything I know. I have on older phone, so although Tracfone has 5G, I have 4G. And it says on the website "TracFone runs on all four major networks—i.e. Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint". I have 1500 text, 1500 minutes, and 1500MB data in a 1 year service plan. If you run out, you can can add more. Like I run out of texts in the middle of every year, so it costs $5 to add 1000 more. If you don't use something, it rolls over. I have over 5000 minutes that have built up over the past few years.

Interactive Tracfone coverage map under the plans.
https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Carriers/TracFone

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, May 21, 2021 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Naja, that looks like a very good deal, and since it is a universal promo code anybody can use, I thought why not just pay a year in advanc for both my phone and Bigdog's? I decided to check the balances before I launched it, and Bigdog's has: 2.33 GB data remaining, 3541 texts, and 2910 minutes remaining. My phone has 3.3 Gb. Data remaining, and is showing unlimited texts and unlimited phone minutes. Huh!! When I upgraded from the iPhone SE 1 to iPhone SE2 in February, I had to buy a plan to get the phone, and I called Tracfone at the time to make sure buying this new plan would not wipe out my old plan, and the guy assured me it would not, so I bought a 30 day plan with like 2.0 Gb data and unlimited texts and phone minutes, thinking the unlimited part would go away when the 30 days was up, and I would keep my previous total. But it looks like I kept the carryover data but retained unlimited minutes and texts, even though I have reverted to just putting on the minimal $20 plan every 90 days! Dang, I might now love Tracfone even more.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I just start putting data only on that phone, if it will eventually revert to my previous balance of texts and minutes? This could be quite the adventure, and, of course, I will forget exactly what I did, LOL.

Oh, wait a minute! Your $84-ish for 12 months is just about what I am paying now, which is $7 a month, and your deal is way more minutes and more data than I would get with four $20 90 days cards in a year. I'm going for it! With both phones!

BRB.

Did it for Bigdog's phone! It worked!!

Thanks, Naja. You are one wascally wabbit, and you might be able to outdo me at sniffing out the bargains.

Off to do mine now. Am quite sure it will work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, May 22, 2021 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! That makes me happy :-) So that's $200 saved so far with just your family and mine :-)