TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 17, 2021 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think of them as sheet garters.
My husband will use them on his side of the bed sometimes. I forget they are there and struggle to get the sheet off.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 07, 2021 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - up until a few years ago, my son had a full-wave water bed. I found a seller on E-bay who took full size sheets (for a twin water bed), sewed these special pockets in them, and then sold them with short PVC pipes that went in the pockets. It kept the corners under that water mattress perfectly! Once I found her sheets, I never bought them from anyone or any where else again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Canada Q: I realize I could check a map but I wanted a better answer. Is it a long trip from Ontario to British Columbia? Northie and Harvey (cats) are getting adopted (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX44pcfk0Q0 ) but apparently their new owners have to drive to get them.

Is this a long trip, is there snow in the way? What's the deal? Thanks so much

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I've not driven it but they're opposite ends - rather like driving from New York to California - and yes, there are mountains involved.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahh, that is a good explanation Teachmichigan, so now I understand why this is taking a bit of time.

Just can't wait for these 2 bachelor boys to be in their forever home.

Thanks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is a long trip! About 40 hours. There wouldn't likely be snow this time of year (maybe in the mountains). Plus they probably won't be able to drive though the U.S. so that will be longer as well.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, Alberta (Banff National Park) is having snow in the higher elevations. But most of Canada is having so-so weather right now. Jimmer says 40 hours, I say three pretty long days of driving. Depending where in Ontario, it can take a full day just to get out of Ontario!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, no wonder it's been an ordeal. They have been wanting to adopt these two guys for a while but I bet weather was a big thing.

Can they fly? Or are your airlines and airports still very restricted?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 08, 2021 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Apparently where Northie and Harvey (Ft. Langly) are they are having an upsurge of Covid so the folks coming for them have been figuring out how to come and get them.

They have started their trip!!! I can't wait to hear about the trip.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ok, Haven't heard anything about the trip yet BUT ... the boys were picked up at 10.30am this morning and are on their way to their forever home.

Canadians, Seems like they made good time, correct?

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I would say they made good time. It could be faster if you were willing to drive very long days and stop only for quick food and bathroom breaks. I am not. I like more frequent stops to stretch my legs, clear my head and see my surroundings.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I bet that is what they did on the way there, but going back home depending on the vocalizations of their passengers may mean more stops, LOL.

OR they may just tough it out to get them home faster.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We moved a few times with Siamese cats as passengers. Siamese have VERY loud voices. You better believe we hurried REAL fast. Cats like to serenade their drivers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 11, 2021 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw a photo and it looks like they have one of those back trunk areas inside the car where they put the carriers and can have them open to give them a bit of space to move around. They had a full kitty box and I guess Northie moved out of his carrier into Harvey's so they could cuddle.

LOL, Juju, Siamese definitely let you know their mind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just saw that they made it to Medicine Hat last night. No clue where that is, LOL, or how far them made it.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Medicine Hat is in Alberta. So British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and then Ontario. That's west to east. I could keep crossing you to the Atlantic Ocean, but I think Ontario is far enough for our purposes. LOL

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
British Columbia and Alberta have mountains ( the Rockies) so they would be much slower. Saskatchewan and Manitoba are flat, flat prairies so much faster. Ontario has the Great Lakes that must be driven around depending on where they are going in Ontario.

That is the geography lesson for today. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Y2krazy, I knew it was between BC and Ontario... thanks for the lesson. I know I could have goggled but your lesson was so much better.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Better with fewer divisional identities! I could - with a map! - label all 48 contiguous states, but I would really have to think!!! To tell the truth I suspect 50% of Americans could not do that well. Hooray for travel!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good on you, TNT.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Lol - goggled is so much better than googled

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 14, 2021 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I didn't even see the typo.

They should be home today since they posted last night that is was their last night in a hotel.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I have a Tracfone, currently the LG158VL, and it is starting to have problems charging. It is old, started in 2018, so I have been looking for a new phone.

Does anyone know what the next better one than the one I have would be? I haven't been very successful in google figuring this out.

Or is there a better phone I should upgrade too? I don't want an Iphone. TIA

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 17, 2021 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My Tracfone is a Motorola. I didn't want a contract or plan and this seemed to be pretty good, but I'm sure some that come with plans are deemed better, even the non iPhones.

My first phone with them I got through HSN, which had a deal for lifetime triple minutes, downloads and texts. I THINK they transferred that over to this one, but they don't always transfer that deal.