TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through March 02, 2021 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q? So I have managed to deal with all my aches and pains (I am old, LOL) except one. Does anyone have any suggestions???

It's my right shoulder and bicep. I talked to the doctor about my bicep and she thought it might be muscle tenseness or something like that, can't remember her exact description. So I moved my mouse so that I don't stretch my arm sideways to use it.

Hasn't helped and my should hurts as well. When I roll my shoulders, no creaking noises, but it is sore.

When I saw the doctor she had me move it in certain ways and says it is not my rotator cuff.

Does anyone have any stretching / exercising / anything to help me work out the soreness, or strengthen it or whatever I need to do to make it less sore?

Thanks so much!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Color, I love my Ace hardware man!!! They have helped me many times, LOL>

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My favorite hardware store is family owned.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I do Qi Gong dvds 4 days a week. They are a half hour long.

The one for shoulders is "QI For Healthy Joints and Bones". Lee Holden.

I also apply arnica gel over any sore muscles.

Those two things really help.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, glad you got it working.:-) LOL Juju!

Dipo, can your doc refer you to get PT, then they can customize the stretches based on your needs

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I had the same problem a couple of years ago and it turns out I have a bone spur in my shoulder. So far it hasn't caused me that many issues (and if I would stay off my computer (using a mouse) then it would get better). At the time I was given a steroid shot and that took away the pain for about a year. So far it hasn't gotten bad enough to investigate further (but it has started creaking a bit).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Question... if you have an injury like a scrape that’s too big for a band aid, what’s the name of the white square of soft stuff you put between the scrape and the bandage?

I call it lint but that’s clearly the wrong word in American. I see gauze pads and gauze sponges, are either of those what I want?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Guess sponges, Kerlix sponges

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 1:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I used to work on medical system design and we had test databases.

Kerlix is a brand, but seemed to be like Kleenex, brand name turned into an item name.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you, thank you! Stupid husband fell down the stairs, lol. He’s lucky all he’s got is a badly scraped elbow!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Paper towels and scotch tape for him!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I had some qauze squares but nothing that seemed particularly sanitary, but he survived the night, lol, and the sterile ones I ordered last night are arriving today :-).

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I would just call them gauze bandages or gauze pads in the old days. I guess there is much newer stuff these days.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kitt, glad your DH is ok! Do you have anti-infection ointment?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I had some good antiseptic cream thanks Mame.

The thing we had when I was young was called lint, it was a bit like soft pajama material. Obviously a search on lint in amazon failed me, as it was all about lint rollers.

It's funny the things we used to make do with. I'm sure the lint just came in a roll, but these days my first thought was that nothing I had was sterile for a big open area of grazed skin.

Also probably a good sign that most of my first aid kit was about 15 years old, because - touch wood - we rarely have anything wrong, so no need to ever restock!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
15 years? That's impressive Kitt. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think I found your lint.

https://www.expresschemist.co.uk/fast-aid-absorbent-lint-wound-dressing-100g.html

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's the stuff! I haven't bought anything like this in the UK either recently, so wasn't even sure if they still used it or called it that!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Naja!

I wonder if they have it in Canada? Be right back ... searched Canadian Google, no products called lint wound dressing.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Help, I'm having a moment (I'll blame it on my sinuses going nuts again.)

What the heck are the thingies called that go on fitted sheets (under the mattress) to keep the sheets from popping off the mattress?? They are an elastic piece with two clips that you attach to the sheet. I used to buy them for my aunt's bed and now I'm drawing a blank on what the hell they are called.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sheet grippers? Sheet straps? They are called so many things depending on what they do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here are some on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Elastic-Mattress-Grippers-Suspender-Fasteners/dp/B01N3OJHTY/

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Kar! I was having no luck with "sheet thingies," LOL.

We've got a 2 inch memory foam on top of our mattress. One set of sheets I got from Costco fit great and have no problems. One set doesn't fit at all, and the third set fits but the corners pop off. So, we went and bought two more sets that are supposed to be deep pockets. Washed them, put one set on the bed last night, and this morning had to fix it. I'll probably go ahead and pick another set up at Costco next time I'm there, but I don't want to waste the money on the two sets I just bought so I'll try these things.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Personally, I haven't figured out a good way to get them under my water bed mattress. I've tried the ones that just clip onto the edges, but they aren't much help.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I used them on my aunts hospital bed sized air mattress (couldn't find fitted sheets for that so had to use a flat sheet and do hospital corners) and they worked...ok. They didn't always hold up well with the sheet and bedding shifting when the bed was raised and lowered.