TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through September 03, 2020 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nobody has any of the other flavors either. The can I have now is just shooting fumes.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My grocery store was full of TP yesterday - all brands, all sizes. There was so much that they took down the "One Package Only" sign. There are still no disinfecting wipes of any kind!

By the by there was a 30-ish guy in the store during Senior Hour without a mask, and he was wearing Medical SCRUBS! You can bed I didn't get close enough to read what was written on his pocket!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
In many states they are letting first responders and medical personnel shop at the front of the line in any open store, including during senior hours. I long ago quit going to senior hours, WAY too crowded. But then there are a lot of retirees in my town.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I think our brave and caring First Responders deserve any and everything we can make available to them! My issue was with the fact that he wasn't wearing a mask, and I felt he should have known better!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Tntitanfan! I think they should be able to shop whenever, but please use the proper precauthions...especially when you are with the high risk folks, but anytime really!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Senior hours here are heaven. No one is there. In the store and out of the store. It makes it that I can get to more than one store a day.
Mom likes to get certain brands, so sometimes I need more than one store.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Senior hours are way too early for me. My doctor had just heard that doctors could go to head of line at Costco and he was delighted. Since he is still seeing patients he also does the Costco trips for home and office.

I use proper precautions, but I AM one of the high risk. I have not run into a line in a while, except at my credit union and they are wonderful! They let the exact number in, they have a masked person with gloves to open the door. Sanitizer inside.

I have not experienced the more open stores shopping yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, my gripe, not silly, is people wearing a mask that does not cover the nose.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've seen that a lot lately. Also even the people at the convenience store all had masks on today. That was the first time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Our 7-11 guys have worn masks for a long time. And now have plexiglass.

I am there often because they have Amazon Lockers there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So many people are REALLY suffering that I feel funny posting this silly gripe, but I will.

I did my grocery pickup order and the pick-up time is in a little while. Guess which things they are out of from my list according to the email I just got? My birthday cake, soda, spare ribs, and bbq sauce. All the things for my 2 person birthday party. Shockingly, they still have the macaroni salad.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That is disappointing! But happy b'day, and enjoy your macaroni! Yum!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you :-) It's not until Friday so I am going to try another store before then.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Naja, that is sort of amazing. I am sure you should be able to find a few things for the birthday celebration! Too bad you have to run all over town for it.

When I do my orders I find that the oddest things are out. Sometimes I think it is just because the shopper doesn't know what it is (too young).

My order today... everything except the sliced turkey from the deli; now explain to me how there is no turkey meat in the deli, hahahahahaha.

OMG, it is amazing.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Naja, do you have NextDoor.com in your town? Or do you have a Covid19 help group on your local Facebook? I live in a very blue town, and there are all kinds of help groups who would gladly go out to the stores and get what we need AND deliver it safely to our house, if we but ask. Sometimes you pay, and sometimes they insist it be free. It is amazing what Mr. Rogers' "helpers" are doing.

Mr. Rogers: "Always look for the helpers. They are all around us."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Grocery shopping is pretty much the only thing I do, other than my monthly trip to the doctor.

I just wear a mask, bring Lysol wipes. Sanitize hands, credit card (I carry a zip lock with house key, scan tags, credit card and another zip lock inside with a wild for two), sanitize car door handles, steering wheel, etc.

I have trouble trusting helpers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have had good luck with my grocery delivery and my neighbor keeps joking he is going to come shopping on my porch after they set every down, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I got all my supplies today. All is good :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Excellent, glad to hear it.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Dipo, the reason for no turkey meat is that they are all sold out. They slice it before anyone enters the store in the morning and prepackage it for the day. That way you can be assured that a multitude of hands are not touching the deli meats.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, didn't know that. Thanks Landileigh.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Landileigh knows all, and we can usually count on her saving us if we fall.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I hate windows. My computer died a while ago suddenly with no hint taking a bunch of passwords with it. I lost my password book about a year ago but a lot happened in the last,so.....
I bought a new computer. Remember when you bought one and turned it on and waited for the software to update? Well those days are gone. It took me several screens to get rid of the assistant that wanted to teach me about windows, then it started to ask for information. Not to register it, but so it could "help" me. I had to create a new email for out look because gmail was not acceptable. Then it wanted my phone number so they could text new offers and help me. They wanted my birth date for who knows what. I tried to enter my mothers, but they don't accept anyone over 100. then they want to know wbere i live. I told them the same thing i tokd facebook, zombie island. Then they had a bunch of preselected options, why I would love to give them access to every thing I write and my friends email so they could better serve me.

Software is so obnoxious now. My first computer was before the internet and it did not want to know more than what was the date and the time.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree 100%.

And to think that there are people out there worried about the government wants to implant you with a chip when you get the flu shot, meanwhile they think nothing of handing over all their personal information to the internet and you can be tracked by cell phones.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah. We are being watched.

Seriously, it's a bit spooky and concerning how they obviously they attempt to track our interests.