TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 31, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s one of the reasons why it’s helpful to have a current working email registered with us. If you need the email you have registered with us updated, then just let us know by sending a PM to one of the Moderators and we’ll change it for you. :-)

(Click our name to see our profile and then click where it says to send the PM)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I said I was going to make the poutine, and I made the poutine! We loved it. I used cheddar curds. I really wanted mozzarella. Next time :-)

You can see the steam rising.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Looks delicious, Naja. I like mozzarella the best 'cause it gets stretchy.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, March 18, 2021 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I don't like French fries - or any potatoes come to that - but this looks very appealing!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am rather fond of French fries and most other potatoes. Poutine just seems wrong, cheese curds on my taters!?!
I just don't know if I would try a bite.
Probably not, I am not a particularly adventurous eater.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Poutine is not really my thing, and I'm from Quebec originally. Lol. I have to be really hungry to appreciate it. ;)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, the cheese curds just end up being melted cheese. Surely you've had cheese fries? Or chili cheese fries?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Looks good to me. I love potatoes. Especially crinkle French fries.
I really hate it though when restaurants put garlic or vegetables in my mashed potatoes. It’s just wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like French fries, but like them crisp, so the only time I had poutine, at a French Vietnamese restaurant, the duck a l'Orange was good, but we were not so thrilled with the side dish.

Usually when people from work ate lunch there, we had Vietnamese food with dessert from the other side of the menu. They had a chocolate bombe that was so good!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Yes, I have had and enjoyed cheese fries. My baby palate only likes the bland chili I make myself.
Ok, Naja, I might try a tiny taste of poutine. But I cannot promise to like it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 19, 2021 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sugar, you may be a super-taster. I am one. Things just taste different to us than they do to other people. I have never had cheese fries and never would. I suppose, like Sugar, I could have somebody else order poutine, and then have one half of one fry (to be polite, but probably one quarter would do). I'm with Birdie on the mashed potatoes, no boogie and no woogie in them. And I would only eat Sugar's chili. We now have a restaurant in our town that serves poutine, but I have forgotten which one it is, have not been there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I keep hearing about this "give back" or something like that amount that is allowed in some places for Social Security.

Does anyone know what they are talking about? I always wonder.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Are you talking about the "new Medicare benefit?" In some places and for some people a portion of the money for with held for Medicare on SS checks is supposedly refundable. Call and check and fill the rest of us in!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahah, TNT, I guess that is what it is, they always say "certain Zipcodes" will receive it. I am sure I am not in one of those but have just been curious if anyone else knew what it was.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It’s basically a company that will compare insurance plans.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm not going to color my hair anymore. What's the best way to let it grow out to its natural color (which is white now)?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
You are getting a late start! Two friends of mine let theirs grow out naturally during the local isolation period when they weren't going out in public!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When my mom had her beauty shops, the ladies who wanted to go gray would have their hair dyed gray. Maybe a rich silver?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 26, 2021 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember when I asked you guys to pick red or green for the matting on the Christmas diamond painting I was making my Aunt Nancy? I just finished framing it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mine has grown out. Glad I was not having it dyed , and no dark contrasting color.

I haven't even had a haircut in 14 months. My hairstylist is convinced that she and her husband had COVID last February ( his being sick was the first cause of a cancelled appointment) and says doctors agree, so no vaccine yet. No antibody tests.. as far as am concerned, they need vaccine now. And then she broke a wrist,so, my hair grows. If we retires, then I will find someone close to home...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 27, 2021 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, looks great!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Nice painting!

I really don't know what to put this in. My landlord and his employees cut our grass. But they do not weedeat. That is on me. Especially since my husband died last year. I bought a replacement reel for the weedeater I have. It's a Black and Decker Grass hog. I don't even know where my husband got it. I know he used it. The string kept breaking today. I don't know what else to do. It's brand new weedeating string. It should not be breaking.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl do you have an Ace Hardware near you? I would take the weedeater in and ask them why it is breaking, maybe they could help you.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
SpongeBob! You are needed.

OR, next time you see a neighbor weed-eating, run over and throw yourself on their mercy, and ask if they can give you some advice. People love to give advice. Most folks would also help a new widow. Don't be too proud. Lots of stuff is hard when you get close to middle-age and have never done it before.

Or maybe Sponge-Bob will show up here with instructions. He has been known to do that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, or post on Next Door. I've found a lot of kind neighbors that way.