TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 22, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 22, 2021 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Sugar, this is where I resize all my pix:
https://online-image-editor.com

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think Chromebook has no internal memory, right? But does it have a USB port or two? If so, you could get an external drive or a USB thumb drive (same thing, actually but thumb drive is much smaller) and use that.

Or you could follow any of these directions and then use the TVCH picture re-sizer.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=How+to+save+photo+locally+on+a+chromebook&atb=v65-6_d&ia=web

The TVCH re-sizer will save your re-sized photo to your Downloads folder with a title that says tvch followed by your original name for the photo.

Or use MB's re-sizer link. We'll have you posting photos before you know it. I learned a LOT of stuff I now know about computers from posting on this message board for the past 20 years and wanting to understand what the other posters were talking about.

In fact, I learned so much stuff that I was about to sign up for a class at the local library about computing for seniors one winter in Texas, and then I realized I might likely know more than the instructor, so I offered to help the instructor instead, and sure enough I ended up being the primary instructor, and I got overwhelmed with requests for private instructions.

But I STILL ask elementary questions here, and somebody always helps me out. Basically "we're all bozos on this bus". Kewpie doll to anyone here who knows that reference without looking it up. I have a sneaking suspicion SpongeBob or Lance will win if they stop in here at all these days.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HAHAHAHAHAHA, I have to say the "new" Match commercials pairing Satan and 2020 make me laugh. Very clever thought process for the person who put them together.

Can't wait to see what Satan and 2020 get up to next especially since they dissed 2021 as being "too normal", LOL.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I am ready for a heaping helping of normal!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 04, 2021 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wishful thinking about it being normal..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have a question.

I just went to open a can of Campbell's Mushroom soup.

I had to use a can opener on it. It didn't have a pull off lid.

I found another can like that in my kitchen cabinet.

Is the old type can back for some reason?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Apparently the pull tab format requires thinner told on fans and that might mean that the contents won't last as long..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I have been getting both, not sure why some come with a pull tab and others not.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2021 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
thinner told on fans is what I've heard as well. Okay, I made that up.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you guys.

I am not agile with a can opener.

I bought an expensive one that turns easily and has a little grabber to pull the lid off.

I always forget how to set it on the can.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
There is a battery operated one for $10 or less that leaves non-sharp edges on both lid and can. Also lifts off the lid. Well worth the money!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Tnt

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, I just have to laugh. My DD recently started her first full time job and now she goes to bed by 10:00 - even on a Saturday night! The other night she stayed out with her boyfriend until after 11 and she was dragging the next day. Funny how working full-time does that (and since I'm currently unemployed I try to laugh quietly).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I worked with young girls who could stay out late and be fine for work the next.

By the time they turned thirty, they couldn't do that any more.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was one of those people! I used to go to happy hour and then close the bar and sometimes even go out to after parties and/or late night softball games, go home and grab a few hours of sleep and then put in a full day's work and do it all over again. Now I can't imagine it and my daughter is not a partier (thank goodness) and she is already in bed again tonight (10:27 pm). She's a lot smarter than I was at her age.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 11, 2021 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I think our kids are old souls. My son went out in groups for a long time, and never really dated one young woman.

Last year, he started dating a lovely young lady, and when I asked him why it took so long... he looked at me kind of funny and said - I saw how relationships kept getting my friends off track, from school, from their friends, from starting their careers. I just decided I wasn't going to date someone exclusively until I was done with school and settled in my job.

I'm like "are you related to me?"

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 13, 2021 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Is there a way to tell if something is using up the power on my phone? It seems like the power is running down faster than normal and I don't use my phone except to call, text people. No photos, don't watch / stream anything.

I do get notifications from different news groups and apps I have installed.

I have looked around in settings but didn't see anything so thought I would ask people who use their phones more than me.

Oh, its an Android, LGL158VL, if that helps.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 15, 2021 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On the iPhone, under settings, there is a battery setting that lists all the apps using the battery. So, you might look around for that.
Also, make sure that you don’t have automatic app updates set. That could affect the battery life.
Finally, as phones age, the battery life length of time gets shorter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2021 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fun Tweet ... makes me smile, and it was stuck in News and Views but I better other people will enjoy it, so here it is.

Zen Rages Against the NarcissistsLove-you gesture
@ZenAndHopscotch
Who are these phenomenal fellas?!

If this doesn’t make you grin or laugh, then I can’t even know what might!

They’ve even nailed that infamous Olivia Newton-John shoulder shake!

I Heart suit these guys!

PS:
@LSD122070
...you’re gonna love this!!
https://twitter.com/ZenAndHopscotch/status/1262408567371554816

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dare you not to smile! and sing along!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I think Maris posted that link last night to TVCH, and I promptly went and watched it a dozen or so times, then I composed an e-mail to my Geriatric Antifa e-mail network, advising them if they are suffering extreme stress waiting for Jan. 20, and want to cool off their jets, just go watch this a hundred times. And this morning, the most radical of them sent me HER morning e-mail with the latest inside info of dastardly deeds and had that link at the end and told everybody in HER network to watch it AFTER reading/watching her other two links. Hahahaha!!

I HOPE those two didn't get furloughed during the pandemic and just sat around when they could have been entertaining us all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 20, 2021 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've also heard that if your phone is searching to connect with bluetooth it runs the battery down quicker.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I just said that to Bigdog ten minutes ago. We went to visit our 85 year old friends today that we have only seen once since the epidemic began. We sat outside on their front patio for about an hour and drank some socially distanced wine. I noticed the battery on my phone was down to 1% when I got home!!! I figure I had both bluetooth AND WiFi enabled, and the poor phone was probably trying to connect with our car's bluetooth, their car's bluetooth, their WiFi, AND all of the neighbor's WiFi connections that whole hour.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 22, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, yeah I did check to makes sure bluetooth was off.