TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 23, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 23, 2021 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 25, 2020 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hoping all of my little imaginary buddies had a safe Christmas. Figments rock!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 25, 2020 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wishing all my TVCH pals a very merry Christmas and a Happy and HEALTHY new year!

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Christmas Day started off with a bang in Nashville. At about 6:30 AM a RV loaded with explosives was detonated downtown on Broadway. Only three people were injured, none seriously because the police were already inspecting a suspicious vehicle in the area and had begun alerting all the apartment/loft residents in the area to evacuate. Those six guys are credited with saving hundreds of lives! Millions of dollars of damage was done to buildings all along the street. It is thought that the AT&T building was the primary target as the RV was directly in front of it. From the time of the explosion until about 2:00 today there was no AT&T TV, phone service, or internet. That company has about an 85% share of those services in this area. Service was out in middle TN from Clarksville - about 40 miles north of Nashville - to Atlanta!! Cell phones from other services continued to work, and I was able to go to the Y down the block from my apartment for internet as they use Comcast! My phone service i1?s through Tracphone and my BFF's is Sprint so we could keep in touch.

What is in someone's mind and heart that they can do so much damage and wreak so much havoc in the lives of people they don't even know?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
When you drive how do you position your feet with the pedals? Standard or other?

For instance, I keep my right foot at a slant and move it like a windshield wiper from the gas to brake pedal and back (with an automatic). I didn't even notice I did it but a friend of mine thought it was nutty when she rode with me (pre-pandemic).

My sister in law uses her left foot for the brake and her right foot for the gas (automatic shift as well). That seems nutty to me! Lol

I guess "standard", for the sake of this question, would be how you were taught in drivers-ed. My apologies to those that don't drive.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just started singing Sammy Hagar's I Can't Drive Fifty-five when I got up to do something.

🎶One foot on the brake and one on the gas!🎶

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
My preferred method of driving is chauffeured.
I actually like to drive and use my right foot for both gas and brake in an automatic car. It has been some while since I drove a clutch but I seem to recall right foot for gas and left foot for brake with clutch cars.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was taught to use my right foot for both the accelerator and the brake. Of course, I've also driven cars with a standard (manual) transmission and that is the only way you can do it for them.

I think the two concerns with using both feet is you are more likely to ride the brake (press lightly on the brake and the accelerator at the same time) or worse, get confused and slam both of them down at once.

Then again, my Uncle used both feet for years and he was a very good driver so I guess it can be done.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No you have to use your left foot for the clutch. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Right for brake and gas. Left was for clutch. now I just rest it on the foot rest in there

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I prefer chauffeured as well. Back when I did drive it was one foot for gas and break, the left foot was for the clutch!!!

That is probably why these "young whippersnappers" think it is weird, they didn't have to learn to drive with a clutch.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you, yes, I meant left foot for clutch and right foot for gas and brake.
Maybe I really should get a chauffeur.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I drove stick shift cars for 25+ years so when I switched to automatics it felt pretty natural to use my left foot for the brake. Younger drivers who have never driven a stick and used a clutch don’t usually develop the touch for braking with their left foot. Drives my wife a little crazy but I sometimes switch back and use just my right for gas and braking.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
A chauffeur would be great!

For those that do the proper way... I assume you don’t keep your foot stationary like my “wiper” method. Now if I have to do a sudden brake I do lift my foot. That is what she was giving me grief about. Not lifting my foot. Lazy habit. I need to know that someone else does this! Lol

For full disclosure my left foot rests by the door.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Right foot for gas and brake. Lift foot and move it. Left just rests and takes it easy.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Right foot for gas and brake.

My grandfather was from England and learned to drive there...he used right for gas and left for brake...drove my Granny nuts!!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I hate driving and I have trouble seeing with all the lights at night, so if I can safely hand my keys to someone else and let them drive, I will. I was absolutely thrilled when my kids and oldest niece started driving cuz they wanted all the practice they could get and I was more than willing to let them have it, lol. I do have to say since moving to a small town with a population of under 14,000 people I don't find driving (during the day anyway) to be such a pain so it's probably traffic I hate more than driving.

When I can't avoid driving, right foot is for gas and brake and left foot is on the foot rest tapping and twitching cuz I am hyper and need to move something.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 18, 2021 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I feel safest driving myself.

I was taught by my dad to use left foot on brake, right on accelerator. And to the "you might ride the brake" you learn not to do that.

And my dad had one experience that saved a life. Kid on bike suddenly made a left turn right in front of his car. Police looked at the skid marks and told my dad that his stop was incredibly fast and most drivers would have fun over the boy.

So I drove that way for 18 years, until I bought my stick shift truck, when I used to use left foot on the clutch (and not ride the clutch).

Next vehicle was automatic, but by then my right foot was used to switching between accelerator and brake, so that is where I stayed.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 22, 2021 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
New question...

What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?

Mine would be cheddar cheese and peanut butter. Not sure how weird that is. My mom used to put ketchup on cottage cheese and I thought that was gross. Lol

Oh, I put pickled dilly beans on a turkey sandwich the other day and that was good.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, January 22, 2021 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
First question - drove a stick shift until I was 39, so right = accelerate and brake, left = clutch.

Second - peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches. My mom always made them that way. Same idea as PB on celery so the PB doesn't stick to your mouth as you eat the sandwich (and I abhor PB&J together- though I like both alone).

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, January 22, 2021 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Pineapple on pizza. Cranberry sauce, mint jelly, or apple sauce with chicken or beef etc. Ketchup or maple syrup on eggs. Potato chips in baloney sandwiches. Maple syrup on ribs. Craisins and mandarin oranges in salads.

In case it's not obvious, I have a heck of a sweet tooth. ;) And it's all delicious!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 22, 2021 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I doubt that I could come up with even one. I am a very plain eater.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a fairly common thing now but white chocolate covered pretzels are surprisingly good.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, January 23, 2021 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I really can’t think of any strange combination that I eat. That’s not to say I eat a standard fare or menu. Because I grew up a military brat and then worked for the US Army for 42 years I have lived in three foreign countries, 12 states, and travelled to more places than I can count. Makes my food choices very broad and varied. There are a few things I won’t eat and some I don’t prefer but generally I’m not a picky eater.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 23, 2021 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pringles and canned tuna (used as a dip).

French fries with baked beans on top (when I don't have vegetarian chili available).

I'm sure there's more.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Saturday, January 23, 2021 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I put grape jelly in the sauce that I make for cabbage roll casserole.