TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Gripe thread......MAJOR : Archive through January 10, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Shooting guns like that would make me more than uncomfortable. Those bullets end up somewhere. In a suburb that's crazy irresponsible.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, Naja! Did they buy the house, or are they renters?

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I know being neighborly varies a lot depending on locale, but has anybody in the neighborhood been over to meet them and welcome them? Here they would have received lots of visits with cookies, banana bread, etc. and offers of help getting settled with recommendations of doctors, repair people, etc. I would be a little hesitant about doing that now!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Juju, they are renters. It's the only rental on my street. The old neighbors foreclosed, and the new owner never lived in it and turned it into a rental.

Tntitanfan, It's more a wave or shout hello type of neighborhood. So far since it's winter no adults have really been outside when I would have noticed except to and from their cars.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This must be a very frightening time to move to a new environment. I have had two gals move in on my floor here, and I have contacted them right away. Now the three of us get together -socially distanced, of course - for Happy Hours once a week or so.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think I would still go welcome them. Better to be friends with the people with guns

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
My thoughts exactly, Pamyluv!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Me, three!

When I lived in Miami, firing guns on New Year's was, unfortunately, a common thing. "Normal", otherwise law abiding people did it.

Drove me nuts.

Time will tell if they are ok or not.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 03, 2021 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Eventually when they are out and about their yard I will. I always planned to. But since it's obvious they don't protect themselves from the virus by having a huge party, I think I'll wait to get close.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, some ahole filed for unemployment benefits in my name.

And I have to jump through a bazillion hoops to get it cancelled? So frustrated.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
How were you notified of his did you find out?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kar, that sucks!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, they sent me a PIN in one letter, a statement of wages in another, and a debit card in a third letter.

Can't talk to anyone, you call and all the lines are too busy. Filed an online statement of fraud at the state website. They had a number to call US Bank to report the debit card....got a message that said they had a large call volume and a long wait, but I never even could figure out how to wait for a customer service rep. But I could activate the card via their automated system.

The only option for reporting the card as fraudulent was to fill out a pdf form and EMAIL it to them. Really? That's their system???

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That sounds pretty bizarre. Why would someone do that? Just to harrass you?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 08, 2021 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, they file with your name, and then create an online account with the state, and then pull the funds into their own bank account.

State of Colorado has paid out millions in fraudulent claims this year.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ah!! I wonder if that is how the one they pulled in WA state was worked? I bet it was. I wasn't really following it at the time.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 09, 2021 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sounds like what is happening in Illinois. Scam. Huge mess in Illinois.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
California had a huge number of scams. People who had thousands on their card for unemployment had them drained or frozen. Bank of America froze many legit people out.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
New neighbors with a dog. Their dog does its business in my yard and runs around without being on leash.

Now, other dogs are using my area as a toilet also. I look right at the owners from my window and most of them pay no attention to me at all. Now, I have my camera ready to take photos of them. No idea what I will do with the photos but it might make them wonder too?

I love all animals so don't want to do anything to harm them but can you think of something I can put on the ground to discourage the animals from visiting me on their walks?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm fond of motion activated sprinklers. Water doesn't hurt. :-)

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
wow. never would have thought of that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have a huge stray cat problem, which would make my cats mark near the doorways and under the windows. Solved it pretty quickly. Of course, I can't do it in the winter here, but once they learned, they stayed away.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
cat smell is very bad.

Cannot use water to annoy the doggies or their owners. The sprinklers are on the green belt.

Was thinking of a liquid that smells.

People take their animals for walks and they are supposed to keep animals off of our yards and continue on to the doggie area. Of course, the dogs have/want to go on their way to doggie area. Would guess that most owners try to prevent messes but some don't even go the doggie area and just walk doggies around a bit.

I cannot clean up after their dogs and do not think much of these doggie owners.

Haven't met new neighbors but their dog runs out to greet? other dogs walking by and owners have to lift their dogs to keep neighbors dog away. I guess neighbor's dog is too aggressive but it seems a smaller size to me.

I probably won't meet neighbors for quite a while because of covid. Plus she killed a beautiful fern of mine and I don't want to tell her off just yet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Do you have a fence?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, January 10, 2021 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
no fence but my new neighbor wants to put up a fence and that is why she killed my fern. (this is 2nd hand information)

not sure if she will be allowed to put up a fence or not. we have lots of rules here.