TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through December 29, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 3:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You could have worn one to the hospital!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, December 26, 2020 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
After the latest debacle with DirectTV not having ABC on for 3 weeks, and with all the latest advertisements for Discovery+, I am thinking of cutting the cable (I suspect that 90% of my viewing will be the new Discovery streaming service since most of my watching is HGTV, ID, Food Network, Animal Planet and TLC). I also watch Grey's, Station 19, Survivor, Amazing Race and Big Brother but I just discovered that I was already paying for Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime (my daughter had a couple of these while she was in college - I really should pay more attention to my bank account apparently!). Will I be able to function? I'm a little concerned that I'm too old to live without my DVR...LOL! My daughter says with a Roku I should be able to make my television work (one of our televisions is already a smart tv). Anybody else have experience" I already pay $115 for DirectTV and I looked into adding DIY a couple of months ago and it was like $60 more. DiscoveryPlus is supposed to be $4.99 w/commericials and $6.99 w/o commercials so I think I will come out cheaper no matter what. Again, any advice would be appreciated. Sorry for the long rambling message and multiple typos.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 26, 2020 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I love my whole TV set-up. I live in a condo bldg built in app. mid '70s -- pre cable. So there is a wall hook-up for antenna on the top of 5 story bldg. I do watch a lot of over-the-air TV. The bldg has been wired for cable for a number of years, but I have NEVER had cable or satellite. I do stream via Amazon Fire TV or Apple TV. I prefer Fire. You can pick and pay for whatever streaming channels you want. I have had TiVo for DVR since May '04. It works. Extremely rare to have any problems. I love it. I have had my current TiVo box for most of the almost 17 years I've had TiVo. It may not do all the fancy stuff newer boxes do. That's OK. It continues to work. Whenever I bought a TiVo box I have always paid for lifetime service with it. Certainly have gotten my money's worth. It's the BEST.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 26, 2020 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
It's funny. I was talking about this on another thread.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 26, 2020 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The all things technical thread.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have a question

I went grocery shopping. When I went back to the car the key pad didn't work.

I had two sets of keys and neither worked.

I opened the door with the key and the car alarm went off. The only way to shut it off is to press something on the pad. The key pad still didn't work!

When I put the key in the ignition, the beeping stopped.

Now I am home. The key pad once more works.

I have a 2016 Subaru Halftrek.

Any ideas on what might have happened.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks Colordeagua (sorry about misspell) and I will head over to the all things technical thread for further info!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Possibly a battery going bad in the pad? Suggest going to a car dealership to ask about it.

I had one go bad for my previous Ford Focus. Had the car into a dealership for some work and questioned one of the guys in the shop. He opened it up and put a new little battery in it. I didn't even know it had a battery or how to open up the pad. He did.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Is it your car??? ;)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Treasure and Texannie.

It is the key fob that I meant to say.

Yep, I checked the license plate after I tried to break into the car, with no success.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
If you google the issue, there are 2 possibilities that arise. Battery going bad in the keypad or problems with the key fob. I’d call the dealership, if i were you. It also said not to have the key fob too close to your smartphone, as it may cause interference.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
whenever my clicker doesnt work I rub it under my chin and then try again....no clue why it helps but my friend told me to do that years ago and it always works LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
If you've never changed the battery in your key fob, try that first. I keep spare key fob batteries in my glove compartment. They are exceedingly easy to replace. There might be a physical key that pulls out of the fob, and then you open the fob with a dime. (little shallow indentation where you insert the edge of the dime or a screwdriver blade and twist, and it opens.) All sorts of stores sell the flat batteries, including Dollartree.

Or you could rub it under your chin, sing Happy Birthday backwards and then do the splits. That usually works for me.

Bad Juju

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 27, 2020 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have replaced batteries in my key fob. YouTube had videos. They did say to use the little physical key to pry open the case, but I felt better using a flat head screwdriver. .

Now my credit card sometimes doesn't want to be read and a checker showed me to rub on the area when the chip is embedded, and amazingly that works.

Discover is sending my renewal card with some toughness format, they say.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you everybody.

I didn't even think about the battery.

The car is 4 years old so I guess it is about time to change the batteries.

I will keep Pamy's suggestion and Juju's revision of Pam's on the back burner, for if all else fails.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I replaced mine at about 4 years..

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol, Juju!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, please rub your chin before you replace the batteries. I want to see if it works for you. Just think how impressed Juju will be!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What Pamy said. Do not even THINK of changing the battery before rubbing the fob under your chin. Because I am totally willing to build Pamy a small altar.

And I would say our key fob batteries also are good for about four years.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Pamy, the fob started working on its own.

(Don't tell Juju, but I still rubbed it on my chin just to see what would happen)

Now I have to figure out how to open it to get the battery out.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
YouTube is your friend Dogdoc. Bet there’s a video for how to open your fob for your make and model of vehicle. 😀👍

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mack. I am off to check it out.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Ok, I got my new batteries in.

The nice man at the hardware store did the work for me.

It wasn't easy to do. I will go back in 4 years for him to do it.

Thank you everybody for your help.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ace Hardware? I live very hear an Ace. They put new batteries in various of my small odd things. "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man" or something like that.