TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 02, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Gripe thread......MAJOR : Archive through January 02, 2021 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
(((Kar)))

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
{{{Kar}}}

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((Kar)))

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Wednesday, September 02, 2020 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I went to the BMV yesterday to renew my drivers license, it expired in March two weeks after everything was shut down, and had everything the website said I needed for the new compliant ones. Since my name is different from my birth certificate, the site said a divorce decree would work. Nope! I have to bring every marriage license from every marriage. Do y'all keep your marriage certificate after divorce? I dont! Also, it's a bit unfair because men don't change their names when married. Anyway, went ahead and got the "regular" license. I mean, I'd waited 45 minutes and had no idea when I'd be able to get to the courthouse to get the marriage certificates.
Came home, called the court, talked to a really helpful, pleasant, patient clerk. She found the abstracts, 2 were before 1994 so they aren't online, and the first marriage lasted a whole 9 months from wedding to divorce (he liked to hit/beat women) & I couldn't even remember when that wedding was! She found all 3 (thought "third times a charm...wrong! šŸ˜‚), but on the last one my name was misspelled. I didn't realize it until the judge said "I've never married a Lroi to a John". Judge said, no problem, leave it, it'll be a good story for your grandkids." Uh, no, the clerk said that'd probably cause a problem at the BMV. So, I've got an appointment to go to the probate court to change my last certificate and pick them all up at once. She suggested that I keep two copies of the certificates. Ok, now I'm bracing myself for how much this is going to cost. $5 to correct the name, $2 for each certificate. I definitely can afford that. So my major gripe actually ended on a better note thanks to the probate court clerk!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
The end of August, I got a bill in the mail for lab work done in Feb. I knew my insurance should have paid for this, so I filled out the back with the information and sent it in.

Today, I got the same bill. This time I called the lab. (Everytime I say I called, you have to add in long hold times and bad music)

Lab said insurance denied. No idea why. Call insurance.

Called insurance, they say "out of network" I tell them this is the same lab I have been using for years. They put me on hold again and he verifies that they have NEVER had a contract with this lab and the work I had done Sept 2018 was also billed as out of network. I knew I had not paid that bill.

Call the lab back and got a very confused lady working from home on a very slow network. She was able to find the bill from 2018 and sent me an email with the information that the bill was paid.

Call back the insurance people and a man with a very soothing voice answers. I tell him my story and add that the confused lady also says they use another name sometimes.

He finds the name, and the address of the place I used, but somehow he needs one more thing to verify it is in network. I am now waiting for a call back in the next few days to see if it is fixed.

The very annoying part, besides being on the phone all afternoon, is that if you go to the lab web site, they list my insurance as being accepted and if you go to my insurance web portal, I can find that exact lab down to the address as a in network provider.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bluejaxrock - I had a similar problem with the DMV. After I had gotten married, I renewed my driver's license adding a hyphen between my maiden and married name. When I received the new license, there was no hyphen. It was just one long last name. Went back to DMV and they said it was probably due to lack of space and said to let it go. Next up, I go to sign a new mortgage and the notary public wouldn't accept my signature because it didn't match the last name on my DL. I head back to DMV and am now told that if I want it changed, I would have to go to court for a name change. Seriously?! I ended up going to a different bank and got it done.

Christy - good luck!

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Sometimes banks and other bureaucracies real get my goat. A year or so ago I noticed our house mortgage company had the wrong zip code for our house. The one they were using was correct at the time we bought the house but shortly afterwards the Post Office changed it. Well that was 14-15 years ago and yes I probably should have noticed and notified the mortgage company but I didnā€™t. Anyhow, a year or so ago we get a late notice on our mortgage payment but our bank shows the payment was processed by the mortgage company. I call the mortgage company and after a bit of the ā€œare you sure you paidā€, etc., etc., they discover they posted our payment to another account. While I have them on the phone I mention the zip code issue. Their solution and requirement.....I get a letter from the local US Postmaster telling them the new zip code and that it changed 14 years ago. Good grief. Needless to say we still have the wrong zip code on our account but their mail to us gets to us so whatever.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Insurance companies, too. For a few years after she was born, our medical insurance co had Kota listed as a boy. Took a year and a half for anyone to even notice, any paperwork we filled out we checked off "female" and it wasn't like they sent out insurance cards or paperwork saying "Dakota, boy."

I was at the pharmacy one day having a consult with the pharmacist about a new med for her when the woman stopped, looked at Kota, and said "Wait, isn't Dakota a girl? Insurance company has her listed as a boy." And that started something like 2 years of back and forth with them. We called. The pharmacy and pediatricians office called. The person who dealt with the insurance at Darren's company called. After one long, ridiculous call with them, I even offered to have my neighbor call, because at that time Kota had no problem stripping naked in the fenced in play area in the front yard anytime I was gone for more than a minute and a half! Sent things like a copy of her birth certificate. Every year when it was time for open enrollment, we marked clearly girl and triple checked it. They'd say they were changing it, never did. It was finally resolved when Darren's co switched insurance companies.

It was a minor annoyance at the time, but if it'd happened after puberty when Doctor put her on certain meds or she needed medical care for female issues, we'd have been fighting tooth and nail every month to get her the medicine her doctor prescribed and treatments/tests the doctor wanted!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have a personalized license plate on my car. I got the plate in 1991 when I bought my Camry.

The plate is DAZZYL.

So, years later for some reason I renewed at the DMV and it seemed to take 5 employees, huddled around their screen, but they got it done, gave me the tags for the plate and off I went.

The next year I went to pay online and the site would not take the payment.

I talked to local DMV, to people in Sacramento, to no avail.I

And they were asking for a bunch of extra fees.

Finally I went to Auto Club and talked to an employee there who knew the only person at the DMV who she thought could help and she had the direct number and that woman was there.

It seems that the 5 people had FORCED my payment, listing the plate as DAZZLE. This meant that though I had current tags on my plates, I had been officially driving on a expired registration for a year.

A person in Sacramento said oh, had I been stopped and written up, they would have issued a letter. Hard to believe since they had no idea they had created this mess.

At one point they asked if I wanted them to create plates with DAZZLE on them. Uh, no. And the Auto Club last got them to reverse the erroneous fees.

I still have to get my wedding license printout to add to other documents to get a real id.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Last year, November 7, my water heater broke. I caught it very fast, no damage to anything. I thought about going to Home Depot and buying one and having them hire out the install, but wanted to develop a relationship with a good plumbing company. So I used a referral network to find a company. I have done so before with good results.

Called them, guy came right away, new water heater with 6 yr warranty and free flushes for 6 year. I knew I had paid more, but liked the idea of "this water heater will last so long" and a good company.

Called today to get my first flush. They say company has been sold, no warranty will be honored. They will do a free flush, but then they want to do an inspection and try to sell me a program.

I feel cheated. To make it even worse, the referral network still has them listed in the old name. Like it is the same great company. If they will not honor the warranty, I am just a new customer. At the very least, they could do the 6 free flushes .....just to make me feel like a person with a relationship with the company.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would call the referral network and tell them...at the very least get them off the network

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Join Nextdoor.com. It is a great community message board. Put your complaint as stated above on there and name the company. They may decide to come around on the flushes. And, if not, you have warned your neighbors.

Also, California has pretty pro-active Better Business Bureaus. File a complaint with them.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, November 20, 2020 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Update. I did message the referral network. They answered back that "Lance from compliance" would get in contact. NO Lance yet.

The new company did the free flush yesterday. I did not let them into my house but they did offer to look over the rest of the outside. I said sure.

They flush was fast, (So easy I Will do it myself next time) And then of course they had suggestions. Water softner system, expansion tank to go with that, new hoses on my washing machine, new valves for that, a larger opening to flush out bigger pieces of sediment and a new anode bar.

A little over 4 grand.

I can not imagine what they would have found on the inside of my house. LOL

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Juju I agree the premise of NextDoor is good. In my area at least the execution is not. I joined a little more than 3 months ago. It seemed almost every thread devolved into sides reminiscent of the political atmosphere. Lots of name calling, aggression, people being dismissive and attacking anyone who didnā€™t agree with them. And this was on topics like mail delivery, and how Halloween should be conducted, etc. It was like junior Twitter and not fun to read. Some topics escape the vitriol, but not enough of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is that problem here, too, on NextDoor, but still there are threads that really do help others, finding lost pets is the best, but there are people wanting to help in many areas.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Our local NextDoor group addressed this years ago and made a separate political area and banished all political discussions there. I suppose it must be like most message boards. The participants owe most of the success to the dedicated unpaid mods.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 22, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have separate areas but the general area can be dicey.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I joined Nextdoor and to my surprise itā€™s been very friendly,
We have moderators and with a few exceptions most people stay on track.
Politics is usually kept at a minimum and of course there are people who come out to stir trouble or just be contrary but for the most part itā€™s cordial.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love next-door, I like being able to check my area and also I found someone to fix a pipe break with in hours, done perfectly.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Right now my Next Door has someone who is not going to visit family for Thanksgiving or Christmas and has all kinds of gifts already bought and is asking what organization s/he can donate them to. Of course the thread is receiving all kinds of replies of organizations who would love to have the stuff.

A young mother wrote in to say she is not an organization, but she has already explained to her four year old that lots of people won't be able to get presents this year (and he promptly got together his old toys to give to poor children), but she wishes he could have something. And so now a woman who crochets puppets and toys asks if the child would like a polar bear, a turtle, or a couple other puppets she has already made, and the child loves turtles. So now he is getting a hand-made turtle puppet for Christmas (an probably a lot of other stuff too). Sure the mother could just be grifting, but I bet she is not.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, November 23, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I wish we had a like button for Jujus post about a good message board being good because of the dedicated mods.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, November 24, 2020 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
***like***

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My brand new next door neighbors had a huge party on New Year's Eve. Very stupid because of the virus, but that's not even my complaint. They've lived there maybe a month or a little longer.

It was few minutes to midnight and about 20 or 25 of just the guys started gathering outside in the backyard. I figured they were going to do fireworks, so the dogs and I sat on the deck to watch. It's was cold out, but not unbearable.

Next thing I know, 3 or 4 of the guys pull out huge hand guns and started firing into the sky in that fast scary succession! Definitely semiautomatic. All I could see was the bright flashes at the of the muzzles. I rush of fear took me over and I ran in with the dogs.

They shot them a few more times until the last time at 2:30 AM. No one called the cops. I'm sure others were afraid as well. You don't call cops on people with big guns like that.

I live in a normal quiet suburb.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
OMG ((Naja)). :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 02, 2021 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not that this makes a difference, but it's the first black family on our block. I guess I was hoping to make some new friends instead of being scared of their fire power.