TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 29, 2020 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 09, 2020 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahooo Groochand wahooo Juju got the frig!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 09, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Grooch rocks!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
If you want to chuckle, listen to Leslie critique the backgrounds on the newspeople, it cracks me up.

Leslie Jones Butterfly@Lesdoggg
ยท
12m
Wooooow love the blue too

https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg/status/1338975503651201027

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha!!! I also just started following this comedian. I don't actually watch much television, so I had no idea it was a woman, or that she was a SNL actor. I think it was Seth Abramson who recommended her. I LOVE her commentary. It's just fluff, sort of, but she is so joyous about it, and almost always positive, that it gives me a lift, so I now follow her on Twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the whole point, she is just funny talking back to the TV, makes me laugh a lot.

Plus she is doing what I do when I watch all these people at home, looking over the digs, hahahahaha.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 16, 2020 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wait until you hear her commentary during the Olympics. Last time, she was so fun, they ended up flying her to the Winter Olympics.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Question: Single sleeping ladies, what size mattress do you have? I've slept on a full / double mattress for years. Was in a Tempur-Pedic store yesterday. He said double mattresses are not so common, not much in demand lately. They better not disappear. I don't want to sleep on a twin / single mattress. No need for a queen and I don't want to give up the floor space.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I have a twin mattress.

I have had the same bed since childhood. (70 years)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm currently sleeping on a full size mattress. I do find it to be short for me after having slept on a queen for years and I am a short person to begin with at 5'2", lol. It is only 5" shorter so you wouldn't think it was that big of a deal but I find the sheets tight on my feet at night because they're tucked in at the bottom and that was never an issue for me before. Hmm, maybe I should look into a twin xl next time since I like having the extra floor space like Colordeaqua.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm currently sleeping on a full size mattress. I do find it to be short for me after having slept on a queen for years and I am a short person to begin with at 5'2", lol. It is only 5" shorter so you wouldn't think it was that big of a deal but I find the sheets tight on my feet at night because they're tucked in at the bottom and that was never an issue for me before. Maybe I should consider a twin xl next time since I like having the extra floor space like Colordeaqua and don't want to go back to a queen just for length.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
King sized. I bought a queen when I moved here but the box springs just would not fit up my closed in stairs. And the mattress delivery guys tried! So, since at the time I had a friend who would be visiting and a double would not work, I bumped it up to a king, because of the two box spring format.

I already had king sheets from when I had a king waterbed.

I have cat beds on the other side.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
California King, because they are longer but not as wide as a standard king.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I thought all mattresses were the same length except for extra long twin. Not, huh? I am tall -- 6' shrunk to 5'11". (I've always liked my height. Don't want to lose any more.) Length of a full is OK for me. Don't feel like it's too short. Don't sleep with my legs stretched out. Or sleep a little kitty-corner.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
A California King (72 x 84 inches) is four inches narrower (side to side) and four inches longer (head to toe) than a King (76 x 80 inches).

My pups and kitty sleep at my feet, so they like the extra room too. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 19, 2020 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love my queen, and it is good it's big since I have 2 cats who like to sleep on it too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I forget which king mine is, but plenty big.. I think standard, but either would be long enough for me..

I am 4'11.5" , down from 5'2".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, I am so happy to see advertisements for murder mystery's, hahahahahahaha. I don't think I can take many more Christmas movies.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Very entertaining... Mohammad Hussain
@MohammadHussain
Growing up, my Muslim family never celebrated Christmas. This year I am not going home, because pandemic, so my roommates are teaching me how to have my first proper Christmas.

I am approaching this with anthropological precision.

Here are a few observations.

Observation 1: Christmas is a part time job that you have from mid-November to the end of December.

From the outside looking in, Christmas always seemed pretty simple. I always thought you put up a tree and then gave gifts to family. This is a lie.

Do you want to sleep in on a Saturday? Too bad. Go put up some lights inside the house.

Oh you want to sleep in on Sunday? Too bad. Go put up some lights outside the house.

Next weekend? Nope. Every free moment you have will be spent agonizing over the gifts you must buy.

Observation 2: People have very strong feelings about their Christmas traditions.

If someone is insisting that *certain food* is what you have to eat Christmas morning, because that's their family tradition, DO NOT SUGGEST ALTERNATIVES. They will stab you in the neck.

(Hahahahahahaha, there is more)
https://twitter.com/MohammadHussain/status/1340439172687998981

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My favorite Christmas celebration is the church Christmas eve candle light service.

This year we are going to Zoom from home. We will each hold up a small tea candle and pretend that we are in a large circle, lighting each other's candles.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 20, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That Christmas by a Muslim thread was a hoot, Dipo, and I had not seen it. I just contributed an Expert Tip for him, since he got burned on his $16 special personal tree ornament.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, December 24, 2020 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Can anyone help me please?
I am not a social media person but just joined twitter and wanted to post a fun Schitt's Creek Christmas picture but I simply cannot figure out how to add it to the Schitt's Creek Christmas thread.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
So when are we getting our $2000 stimulus checks?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I'm sorry no one helped you. If you Email me the photo I can upload it now. Do we have a Schitt's creek Christmas thread?

To upload a photo, you just click on the "upload attachment" button below the message posting box and follow the instructions.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, December 28, 2020 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna, it is too big to attach on TV clubhouse and I haven't figured out how to resize it using my chromebook.

It would have helped if I used all the necessary words in my previous post. I cannot figure out how to post a picture on the Schitt's Creek Christmas thread on Twitter. I spent 45 minutes trying and then more time later. I am such a tech dinosaur sometimes.

I wonder if my new iPhone has an option to set the size of pictures I take so I could post here. I need a sad dinosauremoji.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2020 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, sorry, I can't help you with Chromebook, I use preview on my Mac to resize.

BUT... you can use the resizing tool HERE, it saves a smaller copy to your computer!