TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 17, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 17, 2020 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, I wish I could help you, but I don't know anything about cars. I can try asking my bil the next time I see him, but I don't know if it's one of these things that he would actually have to see.

Anyway, what year and make is your truck? Is the gear shift near the steering wheel or down by the seats? Can you actually move the gear shift easily between different gears or are you having any problems with that? And most importantly, what kind of noises does it make when you are doing all this?

I'm hoping if I tell him the year and make, he will know the common problems your truck is known for. A few months ago I couldn't get my truck to start at times and I thought I'd have to get a new starter. It also would roll on a slight incline. He knew right away that theres some small plastic part that breaks that was causing the problem because the make of my truck is famous for it.

Does your Lucas still go in reverse?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Truck is 2003 Ford Explorer Sporttrac. It is an automatic. Change gears by the steering wheel. It is doing okay for now.Maybe a little slow changing gears. Car is a 1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88. They both go in reverse. Also an automatic. Try to drive forward, its like it says no. Put back in reverse then went forward enough for me to park it. May try again, need to keep it going.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I will try calling him tomorrow afternoon. I know hes most likely in bed by now. If i dont post by noon board time, just put a reminder in here for me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Possibly transmission issues, but odd that both would have similar issues.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
https://aamcocentralflorida.com/why-do-i-reverse-only/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's a transmission issue. Probably the gears are worn down. My guess is the "Lucas" is a thicker fluid that helps the transmission move the vehicle forward.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 06, 2020 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That's the problem. Can't afford transmission repairs, especially on two cars. It's just me now. I only work part-time. Can't afford any of this.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 2:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, from the article Kookliebird posted, one of the reasons could be low transmission fluid.

Put a large piece of cardboard on the ground underneath the engine, leave it there overnight, and see if anything leaks on it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Both vehicles always show as full of transmission fluid. I have added Lucas transmission fix to both. Seems to have helped the truck. No change in the Olds yet.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I left a message with my bil this afternoon, but he hasn't gotten back to me.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
DS came over and drove the Olds with no problem, so far. He does say it needs a tune-up. Not surprised. Maybe the Lucas helped after all.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 07, 2020 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It's like when you have a really bad toothache and when you go to the dentist, the tooth is perfectly fine! Lol!

I hope the tuneup does the trick.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, i just talked to my bil. Lets see if I can remember this correctly.

He said the car will go in reverse because it's the strongest gear.

He also said to look at the color of the transmission fluid to see if it's burnt. It should be a nice purple-y color. If its dark and smells burnt/stinky, it could mean that the filter is clogged. You would need to change the filter and fluid. If it was like this to long, and the filter was clogged, then not enough fluid was getting to the gears/clutch and then it could have burned out the transmission.

I hope this helps.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 08, 2020 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks. I'll check, but since I added in the new Lucas transmission fluid, it probably affected how the fluid looks.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, any luck with your truck or car?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
For Juju and Dipo.

I saw this article and thought of you guys and how you would appreciate it.

Scientists Destroyed a Nest of Murder Hornets. Here’s What They Learned.

Did you know a nest can have 700 queens?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 15, 2020 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Grooch. I'm still mad that I didn't get selected for the murder hornet hunting squad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw a picture of the queens!

If they are going to wait until they attack a bed hive to track them, seems like they could set up take hives using scents of pheromones or whatever beds emit.. A bit of virtual reality for the hornets and then hung them down and cook them up.

Maybe Bigdog will get you a Hornet Squad outfit for Christmas, Juju. It could double as COVID protection.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
A girl can dream ...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And should dream.

It could be a Halloween costume later.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 16, 2020 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-city-life/2020/10/murder-hornet-fighter-halloween-costume-is-made-for-2020

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that is so funny!!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Googling brings up a lot of costumes, but many are just bee outfits, not hornet..

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The truck is still running okay, "knocks on wood".

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2020 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Hecka!!!

See? I told y'all those murder hornet hunting uniforms were cool!!