TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 09, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 09, 2020 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay, Pamy! I would like to see you in elective office one of these days. Seriously.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Very proud of Ms. Pamy, my football teammie!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
The AADM

Very nice.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Bob! :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 03, 2020 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
SpongeBob made me look up AADM from Pamy's post. Dang, that is going to be a tough job, I would think. But Pamy likely is the very best person for that job.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 04, 2020 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Juju, if you googled AADM I dont think you got my real job. LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, December 04, 2020 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I would be WAY too scared to Google an acronym like that. I could very well spend the rest of the day agape at the possibilities. Pamy does WHAT??@??!?!?!**&$ I just went back and read YOUR post which didn't have the acronym.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 06, 2020 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Poor Bob, being blamed for Juju not knowing the common acronym for Assessment Appeals Division Manager

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2020 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 06, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Juju2bigdog is innocent!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 07, 2020 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW!! -- You can make $300 in charitable donations without ITEMIZING. It will be deducted from your gross income before taxes, this year only... YOU DON'T HAVE TO ITEMIZE for this deduction!!

Just make sure they are legit charities, the scammers are out and about and trying to get your money.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 07, 2020 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Back to refrigerators - Our &#&%&(*$^ Samsung has gone back to same problem Bigdog supposedly cured, which involved defrosting the entire refrigerator for many hours.

We decided to just get a new one, so went refrigerator shopping on Saturday, bought one at Lowes, an LG, were delighted to find out it could be delivered next day. Got automated notice of next-day delivery time after 8 pm on Saturday for Sunday delivery to OUR OLD ADDRESS!!! Got that all straightened out after me alerting old neighbors and Bigdog calling Lowe's at 7 am next morning, although that notice apparently did not make it to delivery guys, until they called with their half hour delivery notice and were headed to our old address.

Oh, and then the delivery guys. Not sure if it was their first day on the job, but first thing main guy said was they are not allowed to hook up water line. Well, okay, we got Bigdog; he can do that. They got old refrig. into garage, although I had to leave the room to keep from screaming, while expecting to hear a huge crash into garage floor.

Next thing is they SEVERELY scratched up the front of the refrigerator getting new one through kitchen to garage door. Main guy said they are not allowed to take off house doors OR refrigerator doors. So, no refrig., guy said we would get another next day. Yeah, right. (this was all relayed from Bigdog, as I was still in "can't look" phase.)

Bigdog went to Lowe's at 7 am this morning to negotiate in person (I had physical therapy for knee replacement apptmt at 9, couldn't go). No replacement refrig. in stock, might get one in Jan. They offered him discount on floor model, he accepted.

Backing up in the story, it had occurred to me about 10 pm, last night, Bigdog sound asleep, that a reputable company like Lowe's would NOT forbid its delivery people from hooking up the water line or from removing doors, either on the house, or the refrigerator, to fit through standard doors, so I left Bigdog a note to that effect (written in big alarming red Sharpie, of course), AND he remembered to take it with him this morning (old age can be a living hell; don't get old, kids), AND he told the Lowe's rep this morning what the delivery guy told him, and she said that is a lie, the delivery guys are supposed to hook up the water line AND remove doors if necessary.

So, we bought the floor model, and it is to be delivered between 8:30 and 12:30 tomorrow, AND water line to be hooked up and doors taken off and put back in if needed to get refrig. into kitchen.

A savvy poster here, thinking Pamy or SpongeBob, maybe Seamonkey, Eggie, or even Glenn who is sometimes with us still, could likely get a good betting pool set up before I can get back here tomorrow to report whether or not we actually have a new refrigerator installed in our kitchen.

We have always had good neighbors wherever we have lived all across the country for the past 45 years, but we may have hit the jackpot on our latest move. I just call her up and say, "Hey, dearie, you got any extra ice cubes?" and she arrives with a gallon baggie of ice cubes in two minutes. Or anything else we need.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, December 07, 2020 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Isn't that interesting, my delivery guys said they couldn't hook up the water line to the ice maker too. I just did it myself, but I wonder why they always say that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 07, 2020 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice! And you are around more this year to appreciate those great neighbors since COVID has clipped everyone's wings this year and you aren't off on a cruise or down in Texas.

As for the fridge. I think we will hear that you do indeed have a fridge.

My craziest delivery was when I moved to this condo. I ordered a queen sized bed and frame.. and until it came I slept in a double bed I was planning to put in the non master bedroom.

The wait was good, as I discovered I liked the non master bedroom much better, as it has a big window with a view of a big tree. No attached bathroom but I own the whole place, so I can wander at will anyway.

So the wait meant I knew where I wanted the new bed.

But. The bedrooms are upstairs and the stairway is a series of steps, most of which are walled in.. so 6 steps, landing, turn right, one step, landing, turn right, 8 steps, landing, turn right, one step, in the hall, then a hard right into the bedroom.

Well, the queen sized box spring simply could not take the stairs! They really did try! There is a dent in a ceiling where they tried.

The only way to get that thing up there would be to remove a window and use a crane.

So. they took it back and scheduled to bring a kind sized bed, because a king has two box springs. And the bed place included a heavy duty frame without charging extra.

I remember when we had my parents estate sale, they had a woman who had come in to clean for a few years because my mom's copd/emphysema made that impossible and my dad had rotator cuff problems. And my dad had given some stuff to Carmen after mom died. Mom had a salon hair dryer and Carmen's husband had managed to haul that out with help.

So when Carmen came to clean before the estate sale, she asked me about their refrigerator and I told her of course. And they had to remove the door of the fridge to get it out of the kitchen. There was a sliding door into the yard but the kitchen openings were just not big enough. And her husband did that, too.

So I'd say the Lowe's delivery guys were just being really lazy.

And you got a deal on the floor model, so that is good. I hope Lowe's charges them for the severe scratch too.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Guesses anyone?

Okay peeps, you know you are Covid fatigued and would enjoy having a little contest to see who guesses what time Juju and Big Dog's refrigerator is delivered on Tuesday, Dec. 8th.

Lowe's is to deliver between 8:30am - 12:30pm. What time do you bet the refrigerator will be delivered.

Just post your name and the time...follow my lead here. Copy and paste from my name and then add your name next, and so on and so on . . .
(Juju give us the day to post our guesses and then come back in the evening PST and tell us the "exact" arrival time, thanks Pup!!)

Eggie - 1:05pm

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey - 9:15am (but if it was for me, they would arrive early, because I don't like early. I have had deliveries or cable people arrive over an hour early.. what if I was not home?)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Eggie - 1:05 pm

Seamonkey - 9:15 am

Grooch - 8:35 am

Though the fridge was probably first in the truck, so it will be the last one delivered.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Juju2bigdog, did it say "Lowes" big on the truck? If not, delivered by a service that Lowes contracts with. I got my fridge last Thursday delivered by a service that Home Depot contracts = no "Home Depot" on the truck. They cannot do anything more than bring it up to my 2nd floor condo and put it "there" and plug it in. Got it up to my kitchen door. Fridge too big for doorway!! Take kitchen door off? They sorta tried, but that wasn't going well. Not something they were supposed to do. Then I remembered . . . big kitchen appliances were brought in through my condo front door which is wider. That worked. Plugged in fridge and got it in place. Saw few little black marks on fridge door. ??? He said it's under the film. Film. What film? A little discussion. He said most people leave it on. Now what do I do I ask myself. Said leave it on. Delivery guys left. I looked at instruction book. It says TAKE FILM OFF. Delivery guy said something about film is under handles he attached. I don't want to do it. Called Home Depot about me not so happy with delivery and what the guy had said about film. Delivery coming back today 11:30 - 3:30 to take it off.

In other words delivery service is not Home Depot delivery service / HD employees. I so wanted to buy a fridge from Abt, but they didn't have fridge I found at Home Depot for a couple months. (Covid affects everything.) When Abt delivers it says ABT big on the truck. They are Abt employees. When I got my microwave year or so ago from Abt, they actually had to do a little something to my wall tile to squeeze it in which was OK. They did it and did it well.

They have one gigantic B&M store in the Chicago area. I've never been there, but bought a number of things from there. Didn't get my kitchen appliances there when I switched from harvest gold to white app. 15 years ago. Went to another place here which no longer exits -- Great Indoors which I think was a part of Sears. Abt is highly thought-of here and is on-line nationally. I don't know what happens about delivery (way) out of the area, but I bet it is still good service.

Check out Abt.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The HD guys have come and gone. Took the film off. I could not have done it myself. Little black marks are gone. He said delivery guys should have done it. I really missed not having a fridge for a week. No cold drinks. No ice. I do not like cold tap water, especially without fizzzzzzz. Love my SodaStream.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Pam 3:35
Eggie - 1:05 pm

Seamonkey - 9:15 am

Grooch - 8:35 am

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Grooch for the win! 8:40 am, same two guys in the Same LOWE'S truck. Bigdog already had kitchen door off hinges, and I think they might have had doors off refrig. Got it in pretty quick, and then Bigdog told them to be sure to hook up the water line. Big guy said their company doesn't allow them to hook up new equipment to old parts. Bidog pointed out Lowe's put it on their delivery order. Big guy said they don't work for Lowe's; they work for a contractor. And Bigdog said the contractor works for Lowe's. So Bigdog called Lowe's and was already armed with names of who to talk to if things went south again today. So Bigdog was still on the phone waiting for Lowe's folks to run around store when guys were ready to leave. Big guy said he needs Bigdog to sign paperwork and will sign it after he gets an answer from Lowe's. I came out and asked Big guy to pull the refrigerator back out if this was going to end up with poor elderly Bigdog having to hook up the water line by himself. Meantime, small guy came in and offered to put kitchen door back up, and was commenting on how heavy it is (like how did the old dude get it off?), and Bigdog said, yeah, it is solid wood. LOL. Okay, so finally Lowe's says a NEW waterline was put on the truck with the refrigerator this morning, and Big guy says it is not showing up on his delivery list but he supposes he could go look in his truck. There is a NEW waterline provided by Lowe's in his truck; he installs it. He gripes about company failing to list it on his inventory or something. Bigdog clucks something about communication and ushers them out of garage, closes door.

Seems to me if you deliver new refrigerators for a living, you expect them to come with new waterlines. I wonder how much he sells those new waterlines for on eBay? And how long he gets to take a break, including the time he would have spent installing the waterline? They sat outside our house for at least fifteen minutes after Bigdog thought they left.

I know, first world problems.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
about Juju's and Big Dawg's new refrigerator adventures with Lowes.

...and congratulations to Grooch!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 08, 2020 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like the image of them being hustled out of the house!

Congrats, Grooch!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, December 09, 2020 - 2:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yay! I won! I never win. And what a story. And Yay!, for Bigdog!