TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 02, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 02, 2020 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, yeah, when I was looking at refrigerators while Bigdog was busy repairing this one, delivery dates were Feb. 2021.

I suppose you "could" buy a used Kenmore, LOL?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did Kenmore even sell white ones? Harvest gold, avocado green, and . . . NOOOOOO.

Just looked at Abt web site again. Abt is in Chicago 'burbs. Big locally and nationally I think. Will have to forgo freezer drawer on the bottom and get freezer on top with door. Definitely more available now. My previous fridge with freezer on top, opened the door -- Fibber McGee's closet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 27, 2020 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have a similar mini fridge to that one, and a different one in the garage that has a little freezer compartment with a separate door.

If you don't drink sodas or beer compare the configuration of that area. Mine are both more flexible and I can use that area for other items.

Some models have more shelf area and nothing for cans.. The freezer on the two door is a better freezer.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I bought this one at Home Depot today. Got home and looked at reviews on-line -- 4.5 stars on Home Depot and 5 stars on Abt. It will be delivered Thursday. Abt has it backordered until February 8?!

Very happy with my choice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nice arrangement of shelves. Looks very good.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I bought a fridge in the middle of covid spring. Ordered one in home depot on line as I was in the middle of chemo one and sick as a dog. It was cold out so we kept some food outside, but not freezing. Ordered a lot of dry food and eggs were fine outside (sailing taught me that you could store eggs cool for a while.). Lost a ton of food lost all my nice neighbors for many years are dead and were replaced by new nice neighbors who then moved on and now have horrible neighbors, so no help there. After ordering was very hard to get delivery. When it was delivered it needed doors removed to get in house and delivery guys would not do it. Had to wait over a month to get it redelivered. So I bought a small one in home depot. I have tried to donate it and finally have a taker at the food bank.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 28, 2020 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
COVID certainly complicated lives that were already complicated enough!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok, so I have to do a "Self Assessment" for my upcoming review. I suck at these things. Do any of my smart, creative knowledgeable fellow posters have any input?

Please attach additional sheets if necessary when answering the following questions
1. Do you understand the requirements of your job? Yes ____ No ____
If no, what aspects of your job need clarification?

2. What are your most significant accomplishments and contributions since your last performance evaluation?

3. Since your last performance evaluation, describe your professional development activities such as offsite seminars/classes (specify if self-directed or required by your supervisor), onsite training, peer training, management coaching or mentoring, on-the-job experience, exposure to challenging projects, other—please describe.

4. Which areas would you like to develop professionally (new skills) in the coming year? What support do you need to do that?

5. What goals (specific, measurable results) do you expect to accomplish in the next year?

6. What professional job or career growth goals do you hope to achieve within three years?

7. Where do you feel there’s room for you to improve?

8. What areas would you want more feedback on?

9. What are the main drivers of success in the company? (this is a good way to learn how well the person understands the company’s priorities)

10. Do you have any questions about your work here and your future goals at the company

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, that is some list. I always said I needed to improve verbal communication skills and patience since I moved faster "than the average bear", LOL.

Oh and I tried to work in something about "tolerating" my incompetent peers better, hahahahaha,. Of course I didn't put it that way but they used to make me nuts wasting so much time on meetings that got us nowhere.

This probably isn't much help but was fun to write it out.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Maybe not much help but fun for me to read. Honestly, I want all opinions, they may give me ideas :-)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
What kind of work do you do? Are you working from home now? I would want to learn how to fix computers if I was working remotely.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I"m a TPA (third party administrator) for 401(k), profit sharing plans. When I hired on over 1 year ago it was the with the condition that I would be 100% remote.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe you can work in something about how well you could with working during COVID, (I am sure this is true of you),which shows that you can adapt to change, remain focused, multitask.. Whatever is true and whatever buzzwords fit best.

3. If you have been able to do any of the activities mentioned, you may have needed to use Zoom or AdobeConnect, or GoToWebinar, or some other software.

If you have been learning all you can about dealing with a pandemic, that benefits them, too.

Lessons learned about working at home (if that applies) may provide you with suggestions for them.

Any unique challenges you have dealt with can illustrate how well you cope.

I got to write a recommendation for the daughter of a friend when she applied to a university. I wrote about how she had always been one to speak up and go act, even as a child, and how she had alerted her mother when a fire started in their room. Her mother was deeply askeep, but Nikki persisted, they jumped out a window, then some up others in the house. Everyone got out,seven the cats. Nikki got an award from the fire department.

She and her mom said they would never have thought about mentioning that.

Just some random thoughts

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey...those are all good points...thank you.

Keep them coming folks...I'm just no good at talking about myself

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was typing while you and Grooch were posting.

So you had the remote part locked in.

But then stress how well you work that way, self motivated, yes, focused (I still prefer double s spellings, like focussed, bussed.. My mom taught me phonics).

I remember years ago when I went to a play Rae was in, Peter Pan? Anyway you were running that event! If you were not, you could have fooled me!

And since you hired on over a year ago, you still had to adjust majorly for COVID.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I find these Self Assessments to be a waste of time. They never make a difference to salary and rarely alter or change the job or what an employee might like to do in forwarding a career.
Lazy management. Those are the sorts of things that should be addressed in 1 on 1's during the year. I did manage to convince a company that these were silly things for employees to do come review time. To the joy of all, this practice was discontinued.
Sometimes I miss working, other times I do not.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Totally agree, Sugar!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I always thought they were for "lazy managers" who needed them so they could copy and paste the performance review.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yep, I agree. I am a manager and those questions are things we discuss throughout the year. I also have note files on all of my team and refer to them when I do their evals.

I do like some of the questions about what support do you need for your goals but only if they take action on what you ask for

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Scooter, ps...I just got promoted, I am leaving the Orange office and going back to Santa Ana...we still need to have lunch together one day xooxxo

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Contratulations, Pamy. Will that be a shorter commute for you? I really do NOT know my SoCal geography.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 01, 2020 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think a longer commute.

But congrats, Pamy? You are awesome!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
It will be about 13 min longer if I drive and about 5 min longer by train

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 02, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thank you! :-) I will be working for the Clerk of the Board of Orange County Supervisors. I will be the Assessment Appeals Division Manager.

:-)