TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 20, 2020 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not me, how do you listen? I want to listen on my laptop but I don't want to pay for any service to just listen to the "new radio" of podcasts.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They appear to be free: https://crimejunkiepodcast.com/blog/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Roxi - I have not listened to it but I was told about an audio book called Stay Sexy But Don't Get Murdered. It was written by two women who host the true crime comedy podcast "My Favorite Murder" and really enjoyed it although I haven't finished it. At times, they get quite serious about past addictions and at other times, it has me rolling with laughter.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter downloads it on Spotify and I also think it is on IHeartRadio but I'm not sure whether there is a cost involved. The main woman (Ashley) also participates in a podcast about serial killers (it is an 11 hour drive from Dallas to Destin) - I've always been a true crime fan so now I'm also going to have to tell my daughter about "My Favorite Murder." She's turning into one also.

Oh stupid me, I did go to their website while at work and listened to several of their episodes online and it didn't cost anything. DUH! (But I didn't tell my daughter because now she thinks that's "our" thing.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW... KTVU @KTVU · 3h
Experts at the St. Louis Zoo are trying to figure out how a 62-year-old ball python laid seven eggs despite not being near a male python for at least two decades.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Not so mysterious after all.

Experts at the St. Louis Zoo are trying to figure out how a 62-year-old ball python laid seven eggs despite not being near a male python for more than 15 years. Mark Wanner, manager of herpetology at the zoo, said it is unusual but not rare for ball pythons to reproduce asexually. The snakes also sometimes store sperm for delayed fertilization.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/python-st-louis-zoo-laid-7-eggs-without-male/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, September 13, 2020 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, that is unsettling.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Poor snake doesn't even have a name.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
On Dr. Pol's vet show the other night, a cow started lactating without being pregnant - seems such things happen!

Are the snake eggs fertile?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
From the report listed above it does indeed seem that some of the eggs are viable (I think 2 were not fertile, 2 were used for genetic testing, but the other 3 are being incubated - sorry, I read the story yesterday so I don't remember all the facts). Apparently female snakes can retain sperm inside of themselves for years or they can reproduce asexually - so weird! They will do genetic testing after the birth to see how they were conceived.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU @KTVU
·
1h
National Guacamole Day: How to score free guac

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1306250237997010949

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
When I was in Gr. 9...many, many moons ago, my dad had many tanks of fresh water tropical fish. We had a clam in one of them. Then we had a baby clam about 2 years later. I asked my science teacher about that...how long could a clam be pregnant. She said she'd get back to me. Few days later she said, "You know how they say she "got" herself pregnant, well clams can!" And that explained the mystery. So maybe snakes can too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Has anyone ever heard of this -- experienced it? I've been living in this condo for 35 years. Bought my car new in '96 -- it's a '97 Honda Civic. Wish I could remember when this started -- been going on for 3 - 4 months, something like that. My garage door opener does not work from inside or even near the outside of my car?? Used to. Only started this the past few months. No one else has this problem. I get my car checked / serviced in April and October. I do not drive much at all. I've been going to same mechanic for 35 years. Talked to him on Friday. He said it's not the car. I think there IS something about the car. New battery in the opener. Ace Hardware checked opener yesterday. Good. I can open garage doors if I'm walking in from outside or not near my car. Just tried using someone else's opener which works from inside my car. Does not work.

So has anyone experienced this -- opener not working from in the car? What was the problem? Any ideas?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sometimes I have to hold my clicker up to the windshield to get it to work. My best guess is it might have something with the signal unable to pass through the engine block.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have to point my clicker at a certain angle from the outside.

I enter my garage from my patio and open the garage door before I get into my car.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you install anything different in your garage when it first started? Anything that might be giving off some sort of rf interference? A new fridge? One of those rodent signal things that are meant to annoy them and keep them away?

It sounds like something is attenuating the signal strength. And if the battery is new, nothing in the car has changed, then it suggests it's something different in the garage. Even some LED light bulbs give off rf interference.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had that problem once - turned out I needed to clean the receiver thingy - a spider had decided to build a large web and was obscuring the signal. And wasn't that the fun job!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The condo assn. got new garage door service earlier this year. Maybe changed something. At first I was going to contact them. I'll let the assn do it -- soon. I am tired of this. Only my car. Saturday morning I had a medical appointment. I thought I was trapped in the garage. Finally got the door open somehow. Now I pull up close to garage door, get out and press button to open door near door (not my opener), dash to get into my car and out garage door before it closes. I AM TIRED OF THIS.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rex ChapmanHorse racing
@RexChapman
If you’ve had a rough week watch this little man laughing for 15-seconds...

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1309563928943435777

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 28, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that link Dipo! I saw one last week where a little guy of the same age was toppled by a litter of puppies. In the last few months, I have become hooked on tweets from Humor and Animals.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So pretty ... Shedd Aquarium @shedd_aquarium
·
29m
Pumpkin spotted on the live cam! Jack-o-lanternTropical fish Even reef fish love pumpkins in October. Watch the Underwater Beauty Live Cam Rightwards arrow
https://shedd.link/2Xxe33I then join us at Shedd for Halloween enrichment through the month!

https://twitter.com/shedd_aquarium/status/1316417978355904512

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
This is a random off-the-wall question...probably rather inane, but...I wonder if the Big Brother contestants have voted in the election...is it possible for them to vote?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Won't they be out of the house before the elections?

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Oh Sunnyday, you are so smart...or I am living in an absolute fog any more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This just made me laugh so I wanted to share it ... Thoughts of Dog® @dog_feelings · 3h

the human is in a rush to leave. and needs me to use the bathroom. as quick as i can. but i have not trained for this. and historically. i do not perform well under pressure