TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: An important reminder from your moderators: Archive through May 28, 2013 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ironic indeed. Perhaps we should try to buy it? Hahahaha!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL! I thought of that, too, Juju!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Last I heard the high bid was $300.. we could start a pool...

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
It's tempting. But the thought of giving them any money in any way makes me want to puke.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
$300 LOl! pitiful! Serves them right!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
they don't get the money, one of the people who countersued is getting the money. :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Ah. OK, then I don't need to puke after all!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Oh! That's even better that righthaven won't get the money! Haha!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 5:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Four more Righthaven cases dismissed as auction continues
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/dec/28/inventor-uses-water-jets-take-air-patented-flyboar/

As the auction for its website domain name continues this week, copyright lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas is struggling with additional problems.

In Righthaven’s latest setbacks, one of its appeals was dismissed Wednesday while Nevada judges this month dismissed three of its pending lawsuits. These dismissals were all for procedural reasons after Righthaven didn’t meet court-set deadlines. <snipped>

So far, only the domain name is up for auction. The high bid for the righthaven.com name stood at $1,900 Wednesday evening, with the auction set to continue through Jan. 6. <snipped>

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
If I had that domain, I'd almost want to write two big words across the screen directed at them....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Twiggy, I"m guessing you mean "Karma, baby" ????

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kona, are you reading? You should file for a dismissal, under failure to serve. Just to be on the safe side.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm reading. They never served me so there is no case. I'll file for dismissal if anyone tries to serve me (don't want to waste time/money at this point). From what I can tell, the company is drowning and will never recover. The owner may try something similar in the future but he still doesn't have a leg to stand upon and the case against TVCH & me is moot. Just glad this came up at the tail end of the program and not when they were just getting started (and folks were bowing down to their bullying). Saved us all a bunch of money/time.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, just FWIW, I'm thinking you should file for dismissal *because* they didn't serve you in time.

As long as it is an outstanding lawsuit, it can turn up to haunt you at some point.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I cant remember if it is dismissed withiut cause or with cause but one of them means they cannot refile. So uou want to get it dismissed fer sure so theu cant come after you again...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I seriously doubt they will refile if it's dismissed.

However, they are hoping their re-written contract will have standing, and in that case those lawsuits that aren't yet dismissed will be more interesting to them.

Finally, it's still an open case at this moment. It is a matter of public record, and it's just my inclination, if it were me, to get that off *my* record.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I'll take these under advisement. Maybe figure out which of my workout buddies is an attorney and get them to help me out.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kona, I would think someone could help you file the paperwork, and as I recall, the cost is minimal. I imagine Randazzo and company would provide you with the paperwork at no charge.

These guys are just so unscrupulous, I think you want to put them on notice that you will fight back. That will make them a lot less likely to pursue you if anything changes.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Righthaven sued by process server, faces contempt motion
By Steve Green (contact)
Saturday
31 December 2011
12:12 p.m

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2011/dec/31/righthaven-sued-process-server-faces-contempt-moti/

Records Saturday showed Righthaven has been sued by its own process server and also faces a request by defense attorneys that it be found in contempt of court.
Judges found Righthaven lacked standing to sue as the newspapers maintained control of the material at issue, or the defendants were protected by fair use, or both.

These losses have prompted judges to order Righthaven to pay $216,355 in prevailing defendants’ legal fees.

Righthaven can’t – or won’t – pay the fees. It’s appealing the legal setbacks as well as the fee awards.
Also, this weekend it came to light that Righthaven had been sued in September in Las Vegas by Legal Wings Inc., which has provided service of process and potentially other services for Righthaven.

The suit, filed in Las Vegas Township Justice Court, demands $5,670 from Righthaven – apparently for unpaid bills, though a copy of the complaint wasn’t immediately available.

Records indicate Righthaven hasn’t yet answered that lawsuit.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Nonprofit attacks R-J, Righthaven ‘ambush’ tactic
By Steve Green
7 January 2012
2:23 p.m.

A nonprofit group is complaining the Las Vegas Review-Journal invites readers to share its stories online — and then has Righthaven LLC "ambush" them with copyright infringement lawsuits.

(cont)
http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/jan/07/nonprofit-attacks-r-j-righthaven-ambush-tactic/

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
$3,300 - no one knows what the buyer will do with the domain name.

Article here:

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/jan/06/sale-domain-name-tables-are-turned-righthaven/

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The most recent headlines lead me to the conclusion that my original plan to just sit & wait it out...was pretty much the correct one (i.e. they didn't serve me, I didn't have to go to court). Appears they are dead in the water.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/legal/righthaven/

Righthaven hit again with legal setbacks
Fri, Mar 2, 2012 By Steve Green

For the second consecutive day, Las Vegas copyright lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC on Friday was hit with unfavorable court rulings. First, U.S. District Judge Larry Hicks in Reno dismissed two ...

Eight more Righthaven lawsuits dismissed
Thu, Mar 1, 2012 By Steve Green

Las Vegas copyright lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC struck out again in court on Thursday when a federal judge in Reno threw out eight more of its lawsuits.

Righthaven misses more deadlines, faces new contempt motion
Tue, Feb 28, 2012 By Steve Green

In what has become its trademark style, Las Vegas company Righthaven LLC is tardy again filing key court documents, and now it may face more penalties.

Righthaven in default again with state
Fri, Feb 17, 2012 By Steve Green

Righthaven LLC’s financial position appears to have deteriorated further: For the second year in a row, the Las Vegas company's state business license has expired and now it’s listed in ...

Righthaven website's new owner knocks company
Thu, Jan 19, 2012 By Steve Green

The new owner of righthaven.com has made it clear that he or she isn’t a fan of the Righthaven LLC no-warning copyright infringement lawsuits.

Google sides against Righthaven in appeal of copyright case
Fri, Jan 13, 2012 By Steve Green

Internet giant Google Inc. sided against copyright company Righthaven LLC on Friday in one of its appeals. And in what turned out to be an unlucky Friday the 13th for ...

Three attorneys face Righthaven inquiry by State Bar
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 By Steve Green

Copyright lawsuit filer Righthaven LLC of Las Vegas was hit with a new problem Thursday when the State Bar of Nevada said it’s launching formal proceedings to deal with grievances ...

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
good!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 04, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was looking for something to read at work today since it's a bit of a slow day. I came upon this thread. I had never heard of this company or this type of lawsuit so over my lunch I read the entire thread (not the links though) and it was like watching a Lifetime Movie in my mind. Crazy stuff! I'm glad it worked out for the good guy in this case.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Totally missed this because I stopped looking.

http://www.vegasinc.com/news/2012/jun/14/righthaven-ordered-pay-attorneys-fees-another-case/

Separately, three Righthaven infringement suits in Las Vegas were dismissed Monday by Hunt after Righthaven failed to prosecute them.

One was against Neil Brommell and Holly Brewer; the other two were against Danny Downey and Brett Edmunds.

So as of June 2012 we are officially in the clear!