TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Fire / Disaster Relief: Archive through October 24, 2020 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is so scary! Praying for you and the animals!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
They keep saying the fire can't get this far, because we don't have the kind of "material" to fee it, but yes, it's terribly worrying to look at your front door and see that.

Yep it is worrying. I remember well, those same words as I watched the Yarnell Hill fire start down my side of the hill. Fortunately it only came down about half way. But we were also told that even if it came all the way down the side of the hill, it would not reach us because of the terrain and the type of burn material on the land between the bottom of the hill and our little town. Still, one cannot watch such a thing and not worry, regardless of what you are told.

Hope they get it stopped and you and yours, family and animals, stay safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the "can't get that far" does not always work if there are high winds and active embers.

Here in California when fires get into residential areas with palm trees, those trees just seem to attract wind driven embers and just explode, sending embers every which way!

I have been worrying about everyone I know in Colorado!

One is in Cheyenne, Wyoming, but has siblings in Fort Collins, CO.

Another is dealing with smoke And has a sister with COPD.

And always the first thought is you, Kar!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, praying for your safety. Be careful, looking forward to seeing you at the next Zoom meeting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thinking good thoughts.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Please be ready to evacuate and hopefully you have a plan for your critters too. Just 0lease be safe.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Some times these things are too much for me to contemplate, too much sadness, too much destruction. Stay safe.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 17, 2020 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The fire ran last night and thru most of the day to the east and south (my general direction), however it was no more than they expected which means it's still several miles away. Tonight, you can see the fire all along the ridge, instead of just one spot.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's raining this morning, just light, but it's RAIN!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thank heavens!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
YAH for Rain!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a huge fire! I have a Yahtzee friend who is 10 miles from an edge. And another with family in Fort Collins. She is in Cheyenne.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The rain is what finally took the CA fire smoke from our area. Of course, now it's going to rain clear on until June.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It is the largest fire in Colorado history. :-(

The newer fire, west of Boulder, claimed 26 homes last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rain helped Oregon fires too. Stay safe Kar.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
YEAH!!!! CAL FIRE @CAL_FIRE
·
27m
#GlassFire East of Calistoga in Napa & Sonoma County is 67,484 acres and 100% contained.
@CALFIRELNU

https://fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/9/27/glass-fire/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That is great news!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We are supposed to get a little bit of rain over the weekend.. Or Los Angeles area. Not in my forecast.

Good news on the Glass fire!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The Colorado fires are much worse. While the one nearest to me has settled down a bit, a new one sprang up this week and grew to over 150,000 acres in two days. It's burning Rocky Mt National park and the beautiful town of Estes Park (on the east side) is completely evacuated.

On the west side, Granby and Grand Lake have been devastated, and an elderly couple in their 80s, convinced they would be safe in their basement, were not.

There were more emergency evacuations at 3 am. All the local hotels are full of evacuees (thank goodness for the Red Cross who is paying for those rooms).

The devastation here is unbelievable.

We are supposed to get snow tonight. I've never been grateful for snow, but I'm praying for a blizzard.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am so freaking worried about my TVCH pals in the blazing flames path, Kar, Chewi, etc. Praying hard for a huge blizzard for y'all.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Such a tough situation. Snow would help.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was hoping that snow got there and made a difference.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It got much worse last night. Estes Park hasn't been evacuated ever for fire.

It was in danger of the floods about 9 years ago, and some areas near the river were evacuated. But the whole town? Never. :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/local/2020/10/24/new-evacuation-ordered-winds-push-east-troublesome-fire-closer-estes-park/6020580002/

😢

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 24, 2020 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Caught between fire and floods. scary