TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 06, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 06, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, Brian Piccolo died 50 years ago.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, September 25, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I cried watching Brian's Song.They had a beautiful friendship.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News @NBCNews
Skateboarder and entrepreneur Keith Hufnagel has died from brain cancer at age 46. https://nbcnews.to/2S4kDfS - @TODAYshow

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
That is young. with some of these cancers I wonder about outside effects, like Biden's son was in Afghanistan and I wondered if he was near any military debris burn sites.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And cell phones, I have a good friend who has been convinced since the 90s that they cause brain cancer.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My friend's husband died in his early 30s from brain cancer. He was a carpet & tile layer, and I often wonder if some are just more susceptible to all the awful chemicals in new carpet and the glue, etc.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I had to work in a big office space for a while that was getting new carpeting. The chemical smell!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 27, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is young!

My mom had emphysema and when they recarpetted they chose a very flat carpet (easier to walk with oxygen tank) that specifically did not produce the toxic fumes, since that would have been deadly for her.

So the toxicity is a real thing.

With cell phones, supposedly studies are not definitive but I have been told that it is best not to hold the cell up to the head, but also if a cell is on, it is always looking for service or Wi-Fi and could be something you don't want in your pocket or bra, in other words, close to the body, as in internal organs of breasts.

And the recommendation was to use speaker phone or headset that is wired, because with the receiver in an earbud format, stuck into your ear, that is also next to your brain.

But at the time, these recommendations were from scientists who worried that by the time studies were done, it would be too late, so these were just common sense measures.

I drove one man who was convinced that his brain tumor was due to his cell phone usage because the location was right next to where he had used his cell, and he used it a lot.

But cancer is mindless and relentless and may strike at any age.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, just got an announcement on my phone that Helen Reddy has died at 81.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ABC said 79.

And the internet says 78!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/i-am-woman-singer-helen-reddy-dies-at-78-in-los-angeles/ar-BB19yjxc?ocid=uxbndlbing

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News
@NBCNews
·
3h
Timothy Ray Brown, who made history as the first person known to be cured of HIV infection, has died at age 54.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mac Davis, at 78.. Songwriter and singer. After heart surgery.

https://www.inquirer.com/obituaries/mac-davis-dies-obituary-elvis-presley-songs-20200930.html

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Well, God definitely was in the mood for some music today. Helen Reddy has passed away at 78.

Everytime I heard Katy Perry's song "Roar", I would start singing Helen Reddy's "I am Woman, Hear Me Roar".

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2020 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
E! News
@enews
·
12m
BREAKING—Chrissy Teigen has sadly suffered a miscarriage after a recent hospitalization: "We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we've never felt before."

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that's sad news about Chrissy.

Helen Reddy was iconic.

I remember Mac Davis as a funny guy. I don't know if anyone remembers a movie he was in but he along with Nick Nolte played a couple of football players. It was called "North Dallas Forty" but it was really based on the Dallas Cowboys. It was both a funny and sad movie and probably ahead of its time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer.. This was the song one of the guys sang yesterday in our Zoom, in tribute to Mac.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0WTrMuZOZvM

You have to smile.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL yes that's pretty funny. He played a similar character in the football movie I mentioned above.

We used to play that song on car trips and my two DD's would sit in the back seat and sing along.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is how I remember him from when I was a little girl.

"Don't Get Hooked on Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_DMacGC3WQ

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight @etnow
·
1h
Rest in peace, Kenzo Takada.

Kenzo Takada, Founder of Kenzo Brand, Dies of COVID-19 Complications at 81

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2020 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News @NBCNews
·
31m
Kenzo Takada, the Franco-Japanese fashion designer famed for his jungle-infused designs and free-spirited aesthetic that channeled his home continent of Asia, has died at age 81.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG.... TMZ @TMZ
BREAKING: Eddie Van Halen Has Died at 65. R.I.P.

Eddie Van Halen -- the legendary guitarist and co-founder of Van Halen -- has died after a long battle with throat cancer

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This makes me so sad . Van Halen was a big part of my high school soundtrack.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is so sad :-(

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'll never forget when Eddie died. Not quite a week after my husband. So sad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2020 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh Heckagirl, I had no idea. I am so sorry about your loss. I hope you are doing ok. Gosh, I really am so sorry.