TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 18, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 18, 2020 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I know that Adderall is a good drug and it must be hard to get it for kids. But I know tons (sorry it is probably more like a few) of people who have prescriptions (oh, I just realized I am assuming that they do get it legally) who use it entirely to keep from gaining weight, or focusing for tests (students) etc.

I don't know if you watch BigBrother but often half the cast is "supposedly" on prescriptive Adderall (they get mad if they don't get their drugs in time for competitions because it helps them focus on the task). We don't really know for sure how many because not all of them mention it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 03, 2020 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I understand that, but I can tell you getting it legally through the correct channels because your daughter can't read is HARD! I must be doing something wrong...LOL!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2020 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it should be hard to get, but people doctor-shop, and there are people with legit prescriptions who sell sought after drugs, not to mention that drugs are obtained illegally.

Adderall seems to be more acceptable and trendy than opiods, so users unfortunately encourage others by example.

It does create a backlash against those with legit prescriptions who really need certain meds.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 03, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
In my area finding someone who actually prescribes it to adults is difficult, even though she has a history of being prescribed since she was 8 or 9. The funny thing is, she rarely takes her prescription - only on days when she has classes where she needs it and never during summer and on weekends. A single 30-day prescription can last her a very long time - she obviously is not misusing her prescription. I wonder how this is going to work when she enters the work force - will she need her medication to function or has she learned enough about controlling her ADHD to do without? I guess only time will tell (and a full-time job, which she needs to find as soon as she graduates in August - Mom wants to cut her off the "payroll")!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2020 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Roxip, sounds like she has figured out how to manage her life without using it too much, good for her.

I do often wonder how so many people end up "on Adderall" when I hear from people who legitimate need it that it is so hard to get.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 1:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yesterday, when my sister came home, she saw an oil truck on the other side of the house putting heating oil in the tank. She didn't think anything about it, but figured I had ordered oil and thought it was odd. I didn't order any oil.

When she mentioned it to me in the evening, I looked out the window and saw the gauge went up from wherever it was originally (I think I was just below 1/2 full. I don't remember) It's now about 3/4 of a tank. They must have delivered to the wrong house, but I don't know how since I don't have any homes next to me or across from me.

What happens when they realize they delivered to the wrong house? I didn't order it, didn't want it, the company is the most expensive one in town, by 30 cents a gallon.

Do they have the right to charge me, or do I get the oil for free because they screwed up?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If you didn't order it how can they charge you for it? I guess they could come and suck it out or something (sorry, here in Texas we don't order heating oil so I don't have a clue) but that sounds like it wouldn't be worth their while. Certainly sounds like it would be worth arguing over.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
It seems to me that at some point they realized they had made a mistake unless it is normal to get only 1/4 of a tank fill.
I don’t think they should be able to charge you but they will probably try.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Just got home from work and there's a message from them on my answering machine asking for my mother. She passed away 2 years ago.

She used to get HEEP from them. Either a state or federal program for low income people for, I don't know, say $600 worth of fuel a season. That wouldnt even fill the tank with them. She would get so pissed off because this company was the only one that participated in it and they are soooo expensive. I'm wondering if they owed her some fuel and wanted to get it off their books. You don't mess around with NYS, so probably the only way is to deliver it.

Anyway, I tried calling and the person is out for lunch right now. I'll let you know what happens.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I bet it will be your fault, no matter who screwed up!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hope you're able to resolve it. It was completely their mistake. Especially since you are not even their customer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: I was reading the paper this morning and saw a great article about a bracelet some ladies developed to trace/track pesticides across the world, it was quite interesting and made me think....

What happened to the murder hornets? Anyone know? LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They are secretly planning to be running mates in Kanye West's run for president 2020.. which I gather he has announced.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Vice President Hornet

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We had a couple murder hornets found in our county in WA state. They must have flown north for the winter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kanye is on the way, JuJu!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, July 06, 2020 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
No, wait! Come to think of it, I believe both murder hornets were dead when found. Google murder hornets Whatcom county.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Okay, so today we visited a local historical park that we discovered since self-isolation, which has a fragrance garden we like to check out from time to time. It was the first time I had checked out the information boards on the outside of the historical house on site, which has never been open since we started visiting. And there were some interesting posters, including this one. Aaaiiiieeeee!!!

Murder hornets

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahahahahahaha

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 08, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I blame Dipo.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 17, 2020 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
For those of you following the murder hornet story with interest, there have now been 7 found in the United States, ALL in my county!!

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/article245017955.html?ac_cid=DM261589&ac_bid=1800400649

Hopefully this is not behind a firewall for y'all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 17, 2020 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Juju, I am so glad you are keeping track of those little buggers.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 17, 2020 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Happy to be of help, Dipo. We might even have a trap hanging from a tree across from our house. Did you read the part about how they are going to try to surveil one back to the hive, so they can kill the hive? It's a good day not to be a giant hymenoptera.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yikes!! Is the trap the brown paper bag?