TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 09, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 09, 2020 users admin

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
What a sweet and thoughtful little girl. Thanks for sharing this story, Dipo!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Pat Boone is 86

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pat Boone and his family and I flew on a plane to Australia together in 1970 when I still lived in central Illinois.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sweet story on Oakland Zoo, Dipo, never even knew it was there when we lived in SF, so never visited.

Is the Oakland Zoo a survival of the species zoo? AFTER we visited the Galapagos Islands, we visited the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, TX, and learned they are the world's primary hatchery of Galapagos tortoises! We had just come from seeing huge tortoises possibly as old as 150 years in the Galapagos Islands to seeing 25 year old tortoises that were the size of saucers in Brownsville.

The photos of the animals in the tooth fairy story were the same sort of animals as at Gladys Porter Zoo, Galapagos tortoises, tigers, ring-tailed lemurs

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am not sure, it is just a really nice little zoo up in the hills and I before all this happened they had put in some sort of gondola up to a restaurant that sounded really cool.

I have heard that they have shared some animals with the Bronx Zoo for breeding, I heard the Bronx Zoo people mention that they were getting some animals from the Oakland Zoo on their show.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I Watch shows on Tampa Zoo, Bronx zoo, and Atlanta aquarium all the time. Both those zoos are involved in survival of the species programs.

The Atlanta aquarium is on my bucket list!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Next time we go up to see Dylan, I want to visit that zoo.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Atlanta aquarium looks amazing.

I am obsessed with the Bronx Zoo and their other locations. The people there seem to be just amazing. I watch reruns and love the new shows.

I watch all the zoo programs, Columbus, Tampa, San Diego, the Chester zoo in U.K., Also love Crikey! with the late Steve Irwin's family.

I also never even thought about zoos when I was living in Berkeley.

I also asked Dr Jeff, Ricky Mountain vet, and all the rescues he and his staff work with.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Very nice Juju. I just can't believe he is 86. He always looked so young.

Yay for zoos and Dylan too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
A good thought for everyone....

Fire @LiliSparx · Jul 30

My therapist reminded me of something yesterday that I'd like to share with you:

If you are doing what makes you happy, and you're not hurting anyone, then you are not a disappointment. If anyone is disappointed in you for being happy and not hurting people, that's on them.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That's lovely Dipo, I'm using that quote on my FB page. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, hahahahahahahahahahaha.... KTVU @KTVU ·32m

Smarter-than-average bear wheels garbage can back up man's driveway before tipping it over to enjoy spoils https://bit.ly/2Du2X9j

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/1289720065886216193

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2020 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I loved this.... Thanks for flying SpaceX, hahahahahaha, too funny.

NASA @NASA · 1h
"Thanks for flying @SpaceX ."

Round pushpin Current Location: Planet Earth

A 2:48pm ET, @AstroBehnken and @Astro_Doug splashed down, marking the first splashdown of an American crew spacecraft in 45 years. #LaunchAmerica

Barack Obama @BarackObama · 1h
Welcome home, @AstroBehnken and @Astro_Doug! We launched the Commercial Crew program to strengthen our U.S. space program and it's been great to see its success. This historic NASA-SpaceX mission is a symbol of what American ingenuity and inventiveness can achieve.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I can't remember the last time I took a whole week of vacation and went somewhere - it probably was 2013. So next week I am on vacation and I booked a lovely condo in Destin, Florida...and wouldn't you know it - there's a tropical storm also heading there at the same time!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That's a bitter pill, Roxip.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Destin!! I know Seaside.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Here's hoping the storm wears itself out before it gets to the Gulf!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahahahaha..... zoë “leonardo doujinshi” quinn @UnburntWitch · 6h

Sorry but I WILL say hello to your pets by name if they appear during a zoom meeting, it’s just polite

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Well, of course you would say hello to the pet, just like if we had Zooming when Dopey (Pamy's cat) was alive. Everybody in the meeting would have both recognized Dopey and said hello to him. He was just that famous. Same with HercklePerckle, same with Catniss, who IS currently alive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually met Dopey.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhhh my Dopey, still miss him. I have a Tommy now that has filled my heart but there will always be a special spot that only Dopey could fill <3

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 29, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You lucky dogseahorsemonkey!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Blessed that the hurricanes bypassed Florida (but how horrible was it for Louisiana) - our only restrictions were not being able to get out further than our knees in the water because of high waves and rip tides. People were seriously surfing!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Does anyone listen to the Crime Junkies podcasts? My daughter downloaded a bunch of them on Spotify so we listened to them coming and going (it's a wonder I was able to sleep at night)!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So I'll ask here - does anybody listen to the podcast "Crime Junkies?" Listened to it coming and going from Texas to Florida and now am slightly obsessed!