TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: Tennis and other Stuff: Archive through January 14, 2020 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, August 31, 2018 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oops, Serena and Venus are on at 7pm eastern not 8.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I am not having it!!! What is going on with these upsets. Federer is out, Sharapova is out, and now some young whipper snapper is giving Serena a hard time!!!

Damn this is an amazing Open.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 04, 2018 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good, Serena took the first set.

Weird, twitter photos make Serena's dress look blue, but on TV it is black.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ACCKKKK, Nadal playing Dal Porto and lost the first set.... must not watch, then he will do better.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 07, 2018 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crap, just switched back and Raffa retired after 2 sets!!!

Damn....

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Having a hard time watching this Osaka vs Williams match. It it too ension filed. I want Serena to win, but Osaka is really good too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well that sucked, I sure understand Serena's position when she said "men have done worse but because I am a woman".... Hope they do something about this for the future.

Glad Serena stepped up and said make it good for Osaka.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Serena should have stopped protesting after the first warning but she wouldn't let it go and escalated the whole mess by calling the umpire a liar and a thief. That caused a second warning and then game penalty. Osaka tried to give Serena back her lost game but the 20 year old Osaka was just too good and was going to win anyway.

I saw Serena's coach gesturing but it's debatable that she was looking at him as the umpire said. It's just too bad because it put a damper on Osaka's victory.

I hope Del Potro wins, can't stand the other guy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Australian Open... WOW this is amazing, this Tsitspas (sp) Federer match is incredible. It was so fun to watch and Tsitspas played an unbelievable match. His family was so cute to watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Correct spelling of his name...
US Open Tennis Verified account@usopen

"That moment is definitely something that I will never, ever, ever forget. This match point is going to stay, I'm pretty much sure, forever, for the rest of my life." -@StefTsitsipas

Read more: http://ms.spr.ly/6014TBxFM #AusOpen

📸: @rogerscup

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Wow! Never seen that happen before. Kentucky Derby winner disqualified, making the second place the winner, Country House.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, what the heck happened, LOL? I was watching SailGP on the SF Bay so totally forgot about the Derby.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
He was leading for the entire race. He veered out slightly coming around the final turn and partially blocked one of the other horses (who wasn't a contender anyway). The jockey said the crowd noise made him jittery. It was unfortunate. He was clearly the best horse and would have won regardless.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was very disappointing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 05, 2019 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well that just doesn't seem right to me.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Guess who won the Preakness? You know that horse that was impeded by Maximum Security's drift, his name was War of Wills. The jockey had to pull up his horse so he wouldn't run into the back of Maximum as Maximum veered off his lane. War of Wills WAS a contender in the derby until Max drifted.

Well, War of Wills won the Preakness.

War of Wills was pulled up to avoid hitting Max, and when War of will pulled up, he bumped into Long Range Toddy. Thus impeding both horse and allowing Country Homes to come in 2nd and get first.

I'm glad War of Wills had the shot at redemption as he may have won the Derby had he not been bumped around.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is a pretty big deal for Canadians! Bianca Andreescu, a Mississauga teenager just won the Rogers Cup tennis event!

She was playing Serena Williams in the final and Serena had to stop due to an injury (which is too bad) but it’s still incredible that Bianca got to the final and won!

She is the first Canadian to win in 50 years!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/bianca-andreescu-becomes-first-canadian-to-win-the-rogers-cup-in-50-years-1.4544937

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yay Bianca! :-) I didn't watch but hubby did.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw it, Jimmer, didn't realize what a big deal it was but that is pretty huge!!

Congrats.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW... Adrian Warren just opened the finals of the US OPEN and did an excellent job singing. Plus I must have not ever seen the opening of the day before because they did a really neat presentation of a giant flag.

Serena Williams, 37 years old, is playing Bianca Andreescu of Canada, who is 19!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes Canadians are very excited about this!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Bianca just won the U.S. Open! First major ever for a Canadian!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was really good!!! Congrat's. That's two big ones this year!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 07, 2019 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Pretty amazing. I was happy to see that Serena didn’t make it easy for her either. It looked like she was coming back. Another thing about it that was nice is they genuinely seem to like each other.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Australian Open... starts the 20th but they are having difficulties with qualifying rounds due to the fires.

Roland-Garros @rolandgarros·
1h
Due to poor air quality in Melbourne, the matches won’t start before 1 pm. #AO2020