TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Gripe thread......MAJOR : Archive through June 29, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is so frustrating. You'd think there would be a better way to authenticate yourself.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Jimmer are you ignoring me?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oops! I think I may be. File it and forget it seems to be what happens to me.

But now you are at the forefront of my mind.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yea Scooter! You are at the forefront!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I'm about ready to say I give up. My husband with Alzheimers/dementia is barely eating. Anything I give him, he'll take two bites and then say I can't eat that. Even foods that were his favorites before. And it's always a fight, like he thinks I'm being mean to him, trying to get him to eat. All he wants to do is drink Cokes. I have been getting him to drink a couple of Ensures a day by telling him it's chocolate milk. I'm at the end of my rope.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m so sorry. It’s wonderful that he has someone like you who cares about him. You can only do as much as you can and you’re doing your best.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am so sorry, Hecka. I have been through this with my dad and mother in law. My husband is being tested now. After seeing all the fighting, pushing and coaxing, I guess a part of me says let him have his coke. Nothing is really going to change. Sorry, that’s not a very optimistic, sunny view.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((((HECKA))))) Are there any organizations in your area that offer respite and help to family caregivers such as yourself? Check with AARP perhaps, and your local hospital 's social services department.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((Hecka)))

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2020 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
(((Hecka)))

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I have been through this with both my BFF's parents and her younger sister. It is dreadfully frustrating experience, and please take all the help your can get from friends, family, and community resources.

On the home front, Premier Protein (brand name) drinks have 30 grams of protein each. Will he tolerate ice cream floats made with Coke? Extra calories and carbs there! Try two-bite portions of baby food fruits, ice cream, and puddings all of which can be kept handy in the fridge/freezer for good moments.

Do what you can and don't beat yourself up about what you can't! This is NOT fixable. Nothing you do will bring about a happy ending. I wish things were different, of course!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just got a letter saying he's got an appointment with a neurologist in August. Don't know if either of us can last that long.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That seems like a long way away but at least you have something to work toward. The Ensures (or anything else that is somewhat nutritional, tasty and easy) are a good idea.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Boost is good, per a longtime patient I drove and he found other drinks with less sugar and more protein.

He found that Target had good variety and prices.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://alz.org/help-support/caregiving

This is the national organization.. They should be of some help. I posted the link for caregivers.

Here in Orange County we are blessed to have the national organization, but also an Orange County organization, which spun off a decade ago to keep donations within our county.

Also see if you have a Council on Aging in your area.

In California, Gov. Newsom's proposed budget cuts due to COVID will eliminate two programs that work very well and propose a structure that, per every Dementia/Alzheimer's organization, will be an untested disaster for patients and caregivers.

And that was before changes proposed for BLM.

But if they have a way for you to interact with other caregivers, that could help.

Renember, you cannot win every battle, so do what you can. 💛

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
{{{Hecka}}} I am so sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I hope you are able to find some help.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
After waking me up at 6 a.m. on my day off saying he's starving, he didn't even take a bite of his cereal. Sigh.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Big hugs, Heckagirl631. It is so difficult to deal with these things day after day. I believe God will have a very special place for you eventually.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 23, 2020 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That’s so hard. I wish I had something more helpful to say but I do care.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am sorry you are having such a tough time Heckagirl631.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 28, 2020 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl - I agree with Tntitanfan in that you need to know that it is not fixable and accept that you cannot reason with someone who has dementia. All you can do is assist them and make sure they are safe. It's a very cruel joke of nature to do this to people at the end of their lives. My heart goes out to you.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 29, 2020 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not MAJOR gripe. Something less than that. I'm in a 2nd floor condo. Delivery this morning of an app. 18 lb box from Chewy. Box is left in the outside front lobby where it should be. I've got to get in another door with a key. I've got the box in my arms and am STRUGGLING to get key in lock, open the door, get my foot in, then get in the door. John is sitting in the lobby. I'm guessing he's 70 - 75 like me. We don't talk generally, but.... All he had to do was get up, walk 6', and open / hold door for me. NO. I finally got in. I said, "Thanks, John."

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 29, 2020 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That would have ticked me off too. Not much of a gentleman, eh?