TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: All Things Baseball: Archive through November 02, 2017 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I was on Facebook last night while watching the game. It seemed like the world stopped and the only posts were related to the game.

I like Bob's analogy about the rain and God.

So, was that short rain delay the tears of God tying to decide which city to bless and which city to crush? I think right choice was made!!

I said nearly the same thing last night. My comment was that God was so preoccupied with the US elections, he forgot to pick a winner for the world series.. "Oh crap, let it rain so I can figure out who's gonna win this game"

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Try being a fan in a city where the other team is the Yankees! lol I always tease the Yankee fans in my family - why do you hate Mets fans so much? Is it because you cannot believe that not everyone loves the Yankees?

There are a lot of teams in our NJ/NY area, there are a lot to choose from!

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, you must be a Leafs fan.
What Canadian hockey team (if any) do you dislike?

Imagine if the Canadians (with all their history) moved their team to Toronto?

What about the Canucks? Does anyone outside of Vancouver like them?
<... just kidding, kind of...>

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL! Well as you know, Canadians love hockey. There isn't a Canadian hockey team that I dislike but I'm so desperate for a winner up here that at this point, I'd take anything. Of course, I'm a big Leaf fan but I was born in Montreal so ...

I've still got to go with the Leafs as my favorite (Montreal a close second) but the Leafs remind me a little of the Cubs.

What I do dislike is Gary Bettman. Argh!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can't imagine that, Panda!

I've often thought that Toronto could easily support two hockey teams but of course the Leafs would never allow it.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Well maybe we can get a Toronto vs St. Louis Stanley Cup final, so one of them can break their 48 year drought. I would cheer for Toronto.

"Screw the Blues" is a common t-shirt around here.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Congratulations to the Cubs, Joe Maddon and Ben Zobrist, who was named the World Series MVP.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
What a great game. Bravo to both teams. So happy Cubs won.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 06, 2016 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night it was so cute on Saturday Night Live. Cubbies Rizzo, Ross and Fowler were on it! They were in a skit where they played strippers at a bachelor party, and they were also part of the end of Weekend Update(with Bill Murray).

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I saw online that they signed a new CBA so we won't have to worry about any player strikes for the next few years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo! The Cubs just got closer Wade Davis from the Royals in exchange for Jorge Soler.

Closing was the biggest problem for the Cubs in 2016. Their closers gave up so many runs that us Cubs fans were almost sent into cardiac arrest every time the starter was pulled.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Monday, December 19, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
I accidentally clicked on a bookmark for current MLB scores and was reminded of this:

Given the past several days of below 0°F temperatures, I'm ready for spring training 2017!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 01, 2017 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My heart is sinking right now. My Cubbies are so far on a 6 game losing streak and have fallen below .500

It's been a long time for either of those things (6 game losing streak and below .500), so it hurts a bit more than it used to.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WOO HOO! My Cubbies just clinched the National League Central tonight!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I take it since the last post here was 9/27...that no one is watching the World Series LOL
But i am going to have an ulcer before this series is over!!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am having a hard time watching it. Last night, I started watching only the innings when the Astros were up to bat.... watching the Dodgers hit was really stressful.

Having never seen the Astros play before, man, they are a pretty exciting team to watch play. Hope they can pull one out in LA. It will be hard, but Verlander has been in this situation before (my Giants) in the World Series. So, if anyone can hold the Dodgers, it's him.

I'm not a real baseball fan. On a regular basis, I find the game to be a bit boring. When I've gone up to watch the Mariner's play, I force myself to stay until the 7th inning stretch, unless the game has a lot of hits. I usually just walk around taking pictures of the stadium because I'm so bored. The same happened when I went to a Diamondbacks game in Phoenix.

But, the World Series has always been a different animal to me. Especially this one. Just more exciting with everything on the line and the top 2 teams playing at a high caliber.

Hoping for the Astros.... Houston could really use something good happening. It would be epic.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Go Astros! (I'm not watching because it always seems if I watch the team that I want to win loses...so I don't want to jinx the other team from Texas...LOL!).

It would be a great feel-good story considering what Houston was hit with just a few short months ago.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Yep, I've been watching every game of WS17. However, I am a bit torn about which wins. The Astros are a very good team and I would like to see them do well. On the other hand, a former Tampa Bay Ray, Logan Forsythe, is on the LA team and I would like to see him do well.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
The Astros have played amazing all year, but after Harvey it’s like they caught on fire. I think they want it as badly for Houston as Houston wants it for them. The patch they wear on their jersey says “Houston Strong”

And thanks Roxi LOL

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, October 30, 2017 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I've been a true blue L.A. Dodger fan since age 10, so that's over 50 years now.

The Astros and the Dodgers are playing one of the best ever World Series games I've ever seen. Of course I'd love to see the Dodgers win the series but if the Astros win, I'll be happy for them as well.

On a side note, my husband, adult children and I attended Game 2 of the World Series and that was such a great experience for all of us. The energy at Dodger Stadium was palpable and something I'll always remember. That's one item checked off my bucket list!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
How exciting Eggie!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Egbok, that sounds wonderful! What a great experience that you and your family will never forget.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
HOUSTON STRONG!!!! We did it!!!!
#earnhistory

Dfennessey

07-25-2004

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfennessey a private message Print Post    
I am glad Houston won. they deserved it even though the eliminated the Red Sox. Congrats to the whole team.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, November 02, 2017 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Me too.. Exciting series. Can't imagine the Houston parade to celebrate. That will be something to see.