TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 18, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Brand New Hair Thread Welcomes Juju2bigdog: Archive through December 18, 2019 users admin

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I love this style on you. It doesn't look like a wig at all. Very carefree and natural looking.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Now, that's a great look for you!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyBUDDY!

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Mame.....I'm just catching up with your story....wishing you the best. And love the new wig! It is perfect for you!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jeep. My last chemo is on Thursday. I can't wait! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. Get through this one, rest up.. Then you get to see if you get curly hair.. usually that is temporary.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
One of my best friends went thru chemo at age 62 and she always wished for curly hair after it was done. She always kept her hair short and curly with a perm.....but alas..... she didn't gets curls, much to her dismay.

She turned 89 years old last week and we still meet for lunch and I see her often. We're going to lunch this Thursday actually to try out a new restaurant in town.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ladies by normal hair is wavy which is close to curly anyway.LOL also I'm going to be 62 in a couple of weeks. Jeep I'm glad your friend is doing so well so many years later.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, it usually is kind of cottony, not exactly curly. But I'm sure it depends on the chemo.

I knew a woman I'd only see once a year at a specific tennis tournament. One year she was missing and then the next she was there having been treated for multiple myeloma.. one major cancer center in LA told her to just go home and the other put her though treatment (this was quite some time ago.. now it is considered not curable but often treatable, though the treatment is harsh and sometimes just too much.

Anyway this woman had her hair turn a really dark auburn.. which it was not previously.

And one of my patients was in a clinical trial for metastatic melanoma and the drug being used turned everyone's hair stark white.

His has since returned to his regular color.

Mame, they should be able to tell you what your cocktail is likely to do.

I do know multiple patients who have had their hair come in soft/cottony when they normally have straight hair, but then as those hairs are shed, they reverted to the former type of hair they had had.

I assume they will let you keep that wig as long as you feel the need of it. Your timing may be pretty good to have short hair that you are okay with at a time when weather is warner and you won't want a wig.

Jeep sorry about your friend's lack of curls, but fantastic that she is so many years past treatment. And that you see her often.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
hi all,
i just saw this thread on the "recent discussions" panel and thought i'd drop in.
what truly wonderful friends you all are and stylists supreme.
and mame-you are adorable in your new wig. yes, you are.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I am going to shave my head

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rosie, why?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rosie! Wait, What?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
because it keeps growing

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It's supposed to.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just trim it :-)even if you shave it will still grow...probably faster

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But.. Cold weather.. Christmas pics...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Want me to come shave it for you, Rosie?

Hmph, still banned.

Do you happen to have a hairdresser you have been going to for years? Mine will make house calls. You could also ask on Nextdoor.com, if you are a member, if anybody knows of a haircutter who makes housecalls.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Tis all done and it feels great. DS cut the hair.

Could have had someone come over but I just didn't want to fool with the arrangements, etc.

He did pretty good and it feels great.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Aw, what a sweetheart to cut Mom's hair. I bet you look fierce. Charlie probably won't even notice.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh I love that your son did it for you XXOXO

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
How nice!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Rosie, nothing like a fresh haircut!! And how wonderful that your DS cut it for you!!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
yes it was nice of him to do the cutting.

(I have been threatening to cut it myself. Purchased the clippers and he finally believed me. lol) It will be easier to manage now that it is shorter. You know that I always wore it short anyway.

Charlie only cares about F O O D