TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 13, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through July 13, 2020 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
20m
Kacey Musgraves and husband Ruston Kelly have filed for divorce after two years of marriage.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 03, 2020 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Geeze.... DailyPop's Justin is correct, they all file before an event (the holiday weekend) to reduce the traffic on the announcement!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2020 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sorry to hear this.....
Entertainment Tonight @etnow · 1m
RIP Nick Cordero. The Broadway star died on Sunday after a three-month battle with coronavirus.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard a little more about Nick Cordero. He and his wife were moving cross-country to LA with their new baby and he put off going to the hospital even though he was very ill because there was so much else going on in their lives at the time...a cautionary tale! (This was from Mike Gallagher on The Mark Davis Show this morning - Mike who is a huge Broadway theater fan.) Mr. Cordero otherwise was a perfectly healthy man with no underlying conditions. Such a sad thing for his family - especially with a very young child.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
He and Zach Braff and Donald Faison from Scrubs were best friends. Nicks wife and child was staying at Zach’s house while he was in the hospital. They could not get within 10 feet of each other to avoid transmission of the disease. Such a sad story. Somehow, I think this will become a future movie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nick was also an early case, first diagnosed as pneumonia.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/ringo-starr-turns-80-see-yoko-ono-and-paul-mccartneys-sweet-tributes/ar-BB16rNN1

Ringo Starr turns 80...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/09/entertainment/naya-rivera-missing-trnd/index.html

This is the strangest story - why would she be out in a lake with only her son, and why would he have on a life jacket and she not be wearing one?

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
First, how sad. What a shame. I enjoyed watching her on Glee.

Second, a lot of adults will make their kids wear life jackets and not put one on themselves because they are confident in their own swimming ability. There was a sad government warning message on TV here a few years ago that showed a little boy wearing a life jacket and floating by himself in a lake and calling for his Dad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip I wondered the same thing, and even tho it is Covid I was taught you never go swimming alone, in a lake and was it dusk/night?

Variety @Variety · 2h
The search for former “Glee” star Naya Rivera at Lake Piru has shifted to a recovery operation, the Ventura County Sheriff’s Department said on Thursday morning https://bit.ly/2ZdwSv7

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
So insane that 3 top stars from Glee, all young... have died.

ANd she posted on her Instagram days before "No matter the year, circumstances, or strifes everyday you're alive is a blessing. make the most of today and every day you are given. tomorrow is not promised.

I thought it was weird too Roxi.. not many single moms rent pontoon boats for an afternoon of swimming... but what do I know, I don't get out much ;)..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 09, 2020 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im so very sad to hear this,, she really adored her son. Out of all 3 Glee deaths this one hurts the most.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
1) as someone in the Coast Guard Auxiliary it drives me crazy when even family members disregard my warnings about EVERYONE wearing life jackets....canoes, sailboats, any type of boat!

2) why wouldn’t a parent rent a pontoon boat if that’s where they were? I always am taking my son out on any kind of water (or land) adventure wherever we are.... adhering to all safety precautions of course.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
As a single parent I just can't have imagined taking my daughter out - just the two of us - on a boat. The idea sounds lovely but I would have invited friends so that each of us had a buddy...LOL! I don't think I took a vacation ever that we either didn't go with friends or we didn't take a friend her age with us, but that's just our dynamic. Of course I didn't have the resources to rent a pontoon boat when my daughter was 4 so that might be why it seems strange to me also! No matter what it is just sad, but I am glad that her son was able to get back in the boat and is safe.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Until her body is found,I’m just a little skeptical of the whole scenario. I don’t want to say she staged this ( don’t know what the motivation would be)but it does seem strange to rent a boat just you and your 4 yr old son and within three hours of launching,your gone.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
It is very sad.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lots of parents take their kids boating. It’s not high risk at all if you know what you’re doing.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I used to take my young son out boating, just the two of us. We both wore life jackets, and I didn't swim from the boat when we were alone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That's what I mean, if she was planning to go for a swim, why wouldn't she have a friend with them, that is the part that makes no sense to me.

I understand going out on to tootle around on the lake just the 2 of you, but not leaving her son in the boat to take a swim.

I am just surprised that she didn't have a friend/buddy to go along with them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 10, 2020 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I spent most of my childhood in small fishing boats with various members of my family and I loved being out on the boats (my grandparents owned a fishing camp/tackle shop). I guess the size of the boat surprised me somewhat but then again the size of my budget would surprise a lot of Hollywood people...LOL! A little boy has (apparently) lost his mother and that is the most compelling thing about this story.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 11, 2020 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Social distancing would make it less likely to bring someone along.

The whole thing is sad.

I would add maybe a friend in a separate boat..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 11, 2020 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same thoughts Lakecat. Until she is found, I'm not sure what to think. There's no way I'd go boating with my kid without a lifejacket on the both of us if we were out alone.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lisa-marie-presley-son-benjamin-keough-dead-27

Sad story about Elvis's grandson.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Body found at the lake. Press conference at 2pm

Very sad for Lisa Marie and family

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 13, 2020 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    

CNN Breaking News @cnnbrk · 5m
The body found at a Southern California lake has been identified as former "Glee" actress Naya Rivera, who went missing while boating with her 4-year-old son

𝚊𝚗𝚊 𝚢𝚎 @anayye · 2h
here’s a thread of the best naya rivera’s performances, good memories to remember her Heart suitSparkles

https://twitter.com/anayye/status/1282748852299341824