TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through July 02, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
OG, thanks for that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight @etnow·41m
Raven-Symoné had a secret wedding and is officially married to Miranda Maday! Woman with veilWoman with veil

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I know these celebrities are broadcasting from home so don't have their hair and make-up teams available but..... do they not own a hairbrush and blow dryer, a tube of lipstick and some mascara, LMAO.

I mean seriously they look like they are just getting out of bed or the shower. I don't wear makeup at home, but when I do a zoom meeting I at least do my hair and put on some makeup!

Just something I think is odd.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree. Zooms are an excuse to dress up for me nowadays. Plus no mask!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I've noticed some do their hair and make-up and others don't. The one who really surprised me was Rachael Ray. I looked at her that first day and wondered if she owns a comb or brush. She even has a sad expression, or maybe the way the hair hangs just gives the impression of sadness. I don't usually watch her show so I don't know if anything has changed. It seems odd to me that they aren't all using makeup too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Mak1, Rachael Ray sometimes look like she didn't even wash her face, LOL.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it has a lot to do with lighting in the room. I do zoom meetings, where I think I look good. But, the lights in the room make me look a bit garish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 19, 2020 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I understand Kookliebird, and you are correct it is the lighting, but these celebs have access to so much stuff I am shocked their networks haven't sent them the bulbs/screens, etc to make them look better. I mean several of them didn't have setups in there homes for this but got the equipment etc, to set up so it seems weird.

I have seen podcasts from normal people that have better lighting, LOL, maybe they should ask them how to do it properly. It is just bizarre how bad some of them are.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2020 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lighting takes skill and a lot of so-called amateurs have become good at it because they're used to having to do it all themselves. Celebrities don't usually have to think about lighting. That's someone else's job.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that there are going to be a lot of people making a lot of money installing proper lighting in celeb's homes in the future so that they will look great when they have to film from home...but of course in their self-absorbed minds I suspect that they think looking dreadful makes them more relatable to those "little people" like us out in the world.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know lighting is tricky but if I knew I was going to be filming my show from home I would get on the phone and figure it out with someone, LOL.

It surprises me which celebs look terrible and which ones look good.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
An easy fix is the circle light below - available to celebs and us normal people alike. Fortunately, the camera on my laptop wasn't working during the entire end of the school year, so I would enter Zoom meetings with audio only. Now that I have a new laptop, I've set the default to no camera as that's what they expect (and I've not advertised the fact that I have a new laptop). Win win!

https://tinyurl.com/yaw2d7q6

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 22, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes circle or ring lights provide a nice, easy even lighting (though I can never get used to seeing the ring reflected in the eyes in close-ups).

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I flipped by Rachel Ray and it looked like she just rolled out of bed! Yes, I think part of it is so that they look "normal" to us little people who aren't hollywood. To me, they just look slovenly. It's easy enough to use a hair brush and throw on a bit of mascara and lipstick!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Brenda, Rachel is the worst, I know she has to know how to put on mascara, LOL, but she doesn't even bother for her home shows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sounds like she is human.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight @etnow · 21m
Two New York City nurses had to postpone their wedding due to coronavirus, but they made up for it today when
@HodaKotb
officiated their wedding on live TV! Bouquet

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea'
I don't wear makeup'

I've caught her show a few times 'from home' and found it refreshing....Her and her hubby just being their selves' I'm weird' but I liked it' I never watched her before because she drove me nuts' but from home' I loved her.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, June 25, 2020 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I actually want to add that its day 5 of 108' and tomorrow they are calling for 110' I can honestly say' that no matter what I do' I look a melted mess.
so' I have found her 'refreshing' (go figure)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Chewpito. I don't wear makeup at home either, but when I have to do a zoom meeting I put it on.

That was the only thing I thought was odd, especially since she is doing a show. Kelly Clarkson is also her show from home and she looks like she puts on some makeup.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 26, 2020 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just popped over to Rachael and she is looking much better today, it looks like she even combed her hair, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Hair and make-up on both Kelly and Rachael can vary day to day. Some days when Kelly was fully made-up she had a clown-like look. For her less is more.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2020 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Kelly is someone who looks completely different without make-up.

Note that I'm not at all implying that she is ugly without make-up. She just looks completely different. Unrecognizable.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Carl Reiner has left the planet at the age of 98. What a legacy of comedy he left us! Thank you for that Mr. Reiner and RIP.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2020 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
57m
Christina Ricci has filed for divorce from her husband, James Heerdegen, ET can confirm.