TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through June 02, 2020 users admin

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I heard on the local news that the new shortage was hair coloring. Since all the salons are closed, people are coloring their own hair now. That made me smile. Wonder how many people will realize how easy it is and it costs less!

At least people are making sure we don't have to look at their gray hair! And they don't have to see it in the mirror!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Why is this thread so wide? LOL Also Jeep, you have to look at my gray hair, but I'll probably start wearing a hat soon.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scooter, it was Seamonkey's links. I think it should be fixed now. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm waiting for my stylist / salon to be open again. I'm not a DIY person. Been going to same stylist (sort of) for app. 35 years.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My hairdresser has already threatened me if I touch (cut) my own hair (although she has also offered me a root touch-up kit that she is selling). I'm not going anywhere - I can wait - she is worth waiting for.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's been over 20 years since I last had super-long hair and frankly I'm looking forward to it! Between the normal aging process, and chemo 3 years ago, the luxurious thickness is gone, but it should still be pretty.
The weird thing is that I had just coloured and highlighted my hair at the salon a couple of weeks before the isolation orders, so by summertime I should be sporting that bizarre style the youngsters wear with their colours starting around ear length. Ugh! But at least I'll be fashionable. Lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was overdue for a cut/color and my appointment was on a Saturday...and they closed down hairdressers on Friday. Heavy sigh.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I decided to stop coloring my gray a while back and I like it. Sure saves a bunch of money.

And since I just normally put my hair into a ponytail I don't worry about getting it cut. So I will end up going to SuperCuts in a couple of months for a cut.

The only thing that will bug me is if the front gets to long and then I will have to cut it a bit.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I had my hair cut pretty short just before the Antarctica cruise, so it could last 6 weeks. Oddly enough, two months later, it is not looking too bad. I quit coloring it some years ago, so it is all salt and pepper now. I never knew if I was going to have gray hair. My grandmother and maternal aunt both had brown hair into their 80's and until death. In current photographs, sometimes my hair appears brown, and sometimes it looks gray, depending on lighting, I suppose. My mother died too young to get gray hair if she was going to get it. I have ordered some hair clips to use for separating layers, just in case I break down and have Bigdog give cutting it a try. He is champing at the bit to get into it. ACK!!!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
after I got so ill 2 years ago' I let my hair do what ever it wants...It is a silver gray like you JJ.. I will chop my bangs because when hair is in my eyes' I go nuts' But I wont touch the length' I cant do that' .. but I really dont want to go long....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had an appointment for haircut and my usual highlights (lots of foils; Peggy is very detailed and good at it) with a bit of blonde as she gets to the top.. And her husband got sick. She is working from home, so that was cancelled. The next week, she said they were both ok, but I channeled my hematologist and decided not to go. I do think it was wise and they were still sick. They were not diagnosed with anything but she was out on antibiotics for bronchitis. I suggested that they get the antibody test when they are available.

So by the next week we were told to stay home.

I have concerns about what may happen in time with possible use of tests to determine whether or not I can go out. The test being suggested looks for levels on immunoglobulin M and Immunoglobulin G, which is what has been low for me for at least 2 years, with no thought that it will go up. So if I get the virus, it could do me in, and if I am never exposed, I may be good to stay home.

Meanwhile my hair was already growing out and has continued. I have trimmed bangs and a bit in back.

I may be deluded, but to me the roots are not startlingly different. I have my own darker hairs and silver or gray ones.

I do have to see when it might be safer to go to see Peggy, but both of them need to be well and I will probably break out an N95 respirator.

We live in different counties so there are two counties plus the state of California to deal with.

And on cold rainy days I am sporting knitted hats which go so well with masks and sunglasses 😎😷.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, you must look like a celebrity in hiding Seamonkey.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Really dumb. I got a digital fever thermometer today. They're probably all much the same. How do I change reading from Celsius to Fahrenheit? The back comes off to change the battery? Or just buy a new thermometer?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Color, it probably has to do with holding the button in for a certain number of seconds and then making another click or two.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+change+digital+thermometer+from+c+to+f&atb=v65-6_d&ia=videos

Or you can just use it in Celsius and typing something like 36 c = f into Google search box.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There are instructions, but I don't see anything about changing read-out.

Or "Echo, convert XX Celsius to Fahrenheit."

I'd like to get the read-out in Fahrenheit.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Is there now or has there every been a thread about "Sister Wives?" If so, where is it?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
On the Home Page, on the right, is 'TV Shows'

It should be there. If not, you can start a thread there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
TNT yes
Go to the OTHER REALITY SHOWS area. Then click on FAMILY SHOWS. Sister Wives is listed in there.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mame. I didn't know it was under FAMILY SHOWS.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 09, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Doc! :-) YVW, I just poked around until I found it.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, May 10, 2020 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Mame! Good research!!

Hope you both - and Dean too! - are doing well and staying safe!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2020 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
♡

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q/Thought: So I was watching the Decades channel and they were talking about the 80's and how cocaine was so big and made a bunch of people a lot of money and it got me to thinking.

I wonder if powder cocaine is a big deal anymore, I mean is it still popular on wall street, for example, or has all the drug testing eliminated is somewhat.. OR has everyone switched over to aderall or heroin.

I used to know people that used cocaine pretty regularly but they have all grown up now and most hardly even drink anymore. Don't know a soul who uses anything more heavy than pot, so was just something I was wondering about.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was in law enforcement by the time cocaine became popular in the middle class, so I never had any friends who used cocaine. I did know a friend of a relative who bragged about using every drug there is, and when crack came out, I warned him it is supposed to be so addictive, you can get hooked with just one use, so don't ever do it. He said bullshit and then got hooked, got kicked out when all of the relative's money started going to crack. Sigh ... oh well. But doggone, he was SO much fun when he was merely drunk.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that a lot of people who used cocaine did grow up. I also think that a lot of people who used cocaine switched over to crack because it was cheaper...and most of them are dead now or unrecognizable because of the ravages that crack caused. I'm sure cocaine is still around but I think the glorification of that lifestyle has disappeared.

I hate that Adderall gets lumped in with casual drug use because my daughter takes it as a necessity (ADHD) and it is so incredibly difficult to get a legal prescription!