TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through June 18, 2020 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Annie. :-) Didn't mean to make it all about me. It's just that stories like this give me flashbacks and trigger my childhood emo-PTSD.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am speechless Mame. My daughter's disabilities were not unsurmountable (ADHD & Dyslexia) but I struggled to come to terms with them because, like most parents, I wondered if I had caused them, how was I going to cope, would she be able to thrive (yes, basically making it all about myself) (and she will graduate from college in August) - but quitting was never an option. I truly hope you found people in your life who were able to give you the love and support that all children deserve.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Roxi! ♡ Yes. I was miserable from 11-16 but my final placement was with a lovely family when I was 17.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Roxie, I commend you for leading and living with love and acceptance with your child, even though at times, I'm certain it felt like an insurmountable struggle.

For the record, I do believe that in toxic circumstances fostering may be the optimal situation. Although I wish the relationship between my mom and I had been different, my only realistic regret is that instead of several years in the bad foster home and one year in the good one, that it was reversed.

Bringing the conversation back on topic, putting aside the parents ambition and opportunism, they actually made the right decision for the child, once they realized they were in over their heads and it was a bad fit. Just praying the kid is in a nurturing situation now.

I 100% believe there are bad fits biologically, and a loving home elsewhere can be a better, healthier fit.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I 100% believe there are bad fits biologically, and a loving home elsewhere can be a better, healthier fit.

Amen!}

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree - this story just left such a bad taste in my mouth though. I have had friends who attempted for years to adopt a baby from China and the government for one reason or the other just never allowed them (it was during that period of time when China decided that the number of adoptions made them look bad), and these people crowdfunded the adoption of this little boy and then it became inconvenient. I know how hard adoptions are - even international ones - I can't believe these people were able to get through the vetting process.

My daughter is my joy (especially now that I'm back at work and not at home with her 24/7 (LOL)). I'm one of those people who reads voraciously and retains what I read. School came easily to me (way too easily because I didn't know how to study when I got to college). Having a child that not only didn't enjoy reading but couldn't was a challenge - I had to change the way I thought - and I wasn't graceful about it for a long time. I'm just lucky she loves me! I realize when I read of the struggles of others just how blessed I am.

Sorry, I just now realized that this is definitely OFF TOPIC for this thread! I'll quit hijacking it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
♡ Roxi

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my!!! Entertainment Tonight @etnow · 3m
Amy Grant had open heart surgery on Wednesday after being diagnosed with a rare condition.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yikes!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's scary. Hope she makes a full recovery.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope she'll be okay.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Her rep says it went well. Hopefully that will continue to be the case.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Kelly Clarkston filed for divorce on June 4th

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Oh no! That makes me sad.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 1:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bummer! And after the wonderful song she wrote about him, sad.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, my sister said the same thing. I think the song still applies as the message was about him being a father, unlike her father who was not in the picture. It seems he is still very much involved with his 2 from a previous marriage.
I imagine that they just grew apart with her working so much. I don't know what he does.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He's her manager so I wonder if that will continue.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
well that makes even more sense, I hope so for the kids sake.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 12, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Part of it is how he healed her, so it still seems sad to me.

from Kelly Clarkson youtube

Lyrics
And all I remember is your back
Walking towards the airport, leaving us all in your past
I traveled fifteen hundred miles to see you
Begged you to want me, but you didn't want to

But piece by piece, he collected me
Up off the ground, where you abandoned things and
Piece by piece he filled the holes that you burned in me
Six years old and you know, he never walks away
He never asks for money, he takes care of me
He loves me
Piece by piece, he restored my faith
That a man can be kind and a father could stay

And all of your words fall flat
I made something of myself and now you want to come back
But your love, it isn't free, it has to be earned
Back then I didn't have anything you needed so I was worthless

But piece by piece, he collected me
Up off the ground, where you abandoned things and
Piece by piece he filled the holes that you burned in me
Six years old and you know, he never walks away
He never asks for money, he takes care of me
Cause he loves me
That a man can be kind and a father could stay

Piece by piece
Piece by piece
Piece by piece

Piece by piece
Piece by piece
Piece by piece

Piece by piece I fell far from the tree
I will never leave her like you left me
And she will never have to wonder her worth
Because unlike you I'm going to put her first
And you know, he'll never walk away,
He'll never break her heart
He'll take care of things, he'll love her
That a man can be kind and a father should be great

Piece by piece
Piece by piece
Piece by piece

But I hope he is a good dad and I hope this was not because he is repeating his dad's ways.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 2:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
too many stories about Kelly's husband over the years. One was him hitting on one of her fans in the audience, could be he is just a flirty guy. Of course he was divorced from his first wife for cheating, so it makes sense.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah.. Like his dad..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, June 14, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
this is not good
Danny Masterson: That '70s Show star charged with rapes of three women

old charges too.

He is charged with raping the women, who were all in their 20s, between 2001 and 2003.

Mr Masterson, 44, denies the charges and has argued that his membership of the Church of Scientology was leading to his persecution.

If convicted, he could face up to 45 years in prison.

Prosecutors did not file charges in two other cases due to insufficient evidence and the statute of limitations expiring.

Mr Masterson's lawyer Tom Mesereau said his client "is innocent".

also scientologist. interesting.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/we-ll-meet-again-singer-vera-lynn-who-boosted-british-n1109141

Vera Lynn was 103. Who doesn't get a lump in their throat when she sings We Will Meet Again?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 18, 2020 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53095039

The last of JFK 's siblings, Jean Kennedy Smith, 92.

As for Danny, so ironic to claim he is the victim, when Scientology has ruined so many lives with false claims.