TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 13, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 13, 2020 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My grandparents' house was a big old 2-story in NE Iowa. There was a BIG full bath upstairs. Maybe a former bedroom was made into that bathroom. Downstairs near the kitchen was a small bathroom with just a sink and a toilet which had a high-up tank and a chain. I remember that bathroom always had its own smell -- not bad, but different.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Not sure where to mention this (there is a bragging thread for kids but not for ourselves 😀) but I survived the primary last Tuesday for our district’s first election for the county Board of Education and so am moving on to November! It’s a nonpartisan race so top two move on, and the difference in the primary between 1st and 2nd was only 4.4% or 751 votes (as background there were 5 candidates and over 16,000 votes overall). Thought I would also share this piece I wrote for The Mighty a few weeks ago.

https://themighty.com/2020/05/campaigning-covid-19-politics-disability/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
That is so awesome! Congrats and good luck in Nov!!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Wow! That is amazing. I am so glad for you. Wish I could be voting as well. Best of luck!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am impressed!! Congrats to you Legal!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Congratulations, and thank you for stepping up to serve!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just WOW! Thank you for sharing.

It just goes to remind us all, especially in this day and time, you neve know what other people are experiencing.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Congratulations Legal, best of everything with the November elections!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone! Hopefully there is more in person community engagement leading up to November, but whatever happens it will be one for the books! 😀

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Fabulous!! You go girl! What an inspiring, energizing article. Good luck. Xo

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Great article! Definitely good luck!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
That's a great article, Legal! Best wishes in November. The schools and kids would be very well served by you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love the article!

I hope the election goes well.

It really is shameful that many important issues and office races get short shrift when voters only pay attention to the major races.

Even worse, partly because the media love to "call" national results as early as possible, many voters here on the West coast (and beyond) fail to vote, which leaves state, county and city races with fewer involved voters.

I think you will be such an asset! And your iPad does a good job.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2020 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Congratulations on your win, LB, and I hope you win again in November. That job needs you.

And by the way, On our TVCH video get-together on Saturday, I loved hearing the voice you chose for yourself. I know it is your intellect creating the thoughts and words, but who could say no to that calm and reassuring voice? Excellent choice. Yep, you're gonna win.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
That is wonderful, Legal! Great article and congratulations!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Congrats!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Juju sometimes I throw my son and coworkers off when I switch to the yoda voice.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Legal! Hear your yoda voice I would love!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Legal, I love your sense of humor....yoda voice!!

Yoda and I wish you future successes!!

“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.” — Yoda

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, that would be fun..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

I switch to the yoda voice.

Hahahaha, that is SO you.

Edit: Oh wait, you might like this. At a TVCH meet in Vancouver, BC, some years ago one of our Canadian members said she always thought of me as Yoda! Bwahahaha!!! May the force be with us.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, wait, just re-read the thread. Is Egbok also Yoda? Because when she took us on an automobile tour from the San Pedro cruise port a couple years ago I sort of suspected SHE might be Yoda, because she started calling me ChimChim, and then explained how she was SpeedRacer, neither of which I had ever heard of. I suspected then she might actually be Yoda trying to benevolently trick me.

But I didn't mind because she took all of my suggestions VERY WELL, and Seamonkey and Bigdog were chatting very affably in the backseat. And we all arrived alive and had a great time.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2020 - 2:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I suspect we all are connected to the Yoda family tree.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
ChimChim, of course I took your suggestions VERY WELL. I didn't want to get walloped by that huge bushy dawg tail!

And yes, Seamonkey is quite the talker and BigDog was a VERY GOOD listener.

SpeedRacer or was it Yoda? (me) had fun driving us around the Palos Verdes Peninsula a few years ago.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 13, 2020 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
OMG, was it years ago? It might have only been two years ago.