TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 05, 2020 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
This topic seems to have lost steam.

Let's try: Has the pandeminc forced you to make any changes in your life that you feel are for the better or are considering making permanent?

I live literally two buildings from a large grocery store. I am used to running in several times a week to pick up this and that. Now I go every two weeks and organize my grocery list - and menus - more carefully. Less waste - less money spent!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The same as TNT. I don't just pop into the grocery store for an item or two. I plan carefully and go once a week. It does save time and money.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 5:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
No

I want to go back to my old live style.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've worked at home for years now so it hasn't changed that (though I no longer have any work to do unfortunately). My wife and youngest DD are both home now and I enjoy their company. However, we were always close so there is nothing that will change about how we do things.

I do see a lot of families with young children spending time together that they wouldn't otherwise and that's a wonderful thing to see. Hopefully, they are creating some lasting memories. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've been working at home for a few years, so that hasn't changed, but I used to go out and hang with my friends a few nights a week, and I miss that ... a LOT.

And of course, there is the mask wearing and the almost obsessive handwashing. And the .... eating....

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We've managed to save a crapload of $$ by not eating out anymore, ordering in much less frequently, and cooking more.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I long for the distant day when I can safely be out more and pop into the grocery, if needed.

I miss people in person (zoom has helped with one group, but going to sing at assisted living brought such not to them and to us, and that is impossible now).

I miss driving patients. I miss driving friends.

I miss lectures in person. Concerts.

But I am certainly ok at home for now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hasn't really changed much for me except maybe a once a week or so lunch/dinner out with friends. We even still do that (social distancing at a business park table with takeout) but not as often so I have saved a bunch of money.

As I have said before it makes it easier for me to say No, I don't want to go out.

I have found that I am actually talking to my one friend by phone rather than email or text. Mostly I am checking in on her to make sure she is well, she sometimes has to meet with family and isn't totally sure they are safe.

The one big problem was that I depend on grocery delivery and everyone staying home really disrupted my ability to get service. That has now resolved itself.

I do miss being able to sit at a table and be served my food, and salads always taste better (and I think are made better) when I am at a restaurant.

I am not a big fan of take-out or delivery, it's not as good as when it is served, LOL, even tho the food is just as good. And I haven't been a big user of fast food for at least 10 years..

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Still not much has changed for me. I met a friend maybe once every two or three weeks, and I've missed that, but the rest is the same minus not being able to find some things in the stores, and the masks.

I prefer hubby working from home, but I suppose he will have to go back some days a week eventually. I've found I prefer working from home than going in person but some of our customers are really un tech savvy, so in person service will always be needed.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I hate teaching from home, but having time to sit showed me exactly what extras I'm getting rid of next year (already have one "trainee" lined up) and where I want to focus my time (musicals - big surprise). As to being home, though - I LOVE it. I only go shopping every 14-16 days (we get a CSA basket once a week), we live in the country, and the peace has been amazing.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Having never done it, I had no idea how I’d handle working from home. From the very first day, March 16th, I have loved it. To pieces. If I never have to go back to our office building, I’ll be extremely happy. I’m able to concentrate better and I get a lot more work done. I also had no idea just how distracting co-workers can be!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
New query:

Do you agree or disagree that cleaning a toddlers potty chair by putting it in the dishwasher with your dishes is absolutely disgusting?

I say YES it is DISGUSTING in the extreme even without dishes.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Not really TNT.

Who would even think of doing that Sugar?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy crap, only if you ran it alone and then you would need to sanitize the dishwasher with a couple of run throughs with those sanitizing cleaners and then never do it again!!!!

Why!!!!! You should take it out into the backyard and hose it down, then bleach it in the bathtub.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine told me about a time she was at a friends house when they had small kids and the woman was emptying the dishwasher and took out the potty chair. Apparently and rightly, all her friends were appalled and flabbergasted she would do such a thing. I think they would no longer eat at her house and never let her forget how gross it was.
Some people are just clueless.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, June 04, 2020 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't ever eat there either. Bizarre.

I probably washed mine out in the shower but that was long ago.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yuck, that is gross!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://thenonconsumeradvocate.com/you-can-wash-that-in-the-dishwasher/

https://www.ehow.com/how_6695331_clean-toilet-seats-dishwasher.html

My dishwasher does not work.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Unacceptable

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
You think that's bad. One of the House Wives of whatever city, wash their dildos in the dish washer.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Stop! lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would not wash any of those things with dishes, but if the dishwasher is a sanitizing dishwasher, which kind is not, it may really be ok.

Do dishwashers kill germs?

A dishwasher that has a sanitizing feature uses an extended hot-water rinse to kill germs. The National Sanitation Foundation has set a standard named NSF/ANSI Standard 184, which means that dishwashers bearing this certification kill 99.99 percent of bacteria when operated on the "sanitize" setting.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It is simply offensive and repugnant to put a potty chair in a dishwasher, special sanitizer or not. This would never be ok in my house.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/04/what-has-everything-more-germs-toilet-seat-everything/350109/

Just saying... 😷

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, June 05, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sea!